Niamh Fitzgibbon resigns from Green Party and joins Fine Gael

automaticforthepeople

Niamh Fitzgibbon Cathaoirleach of New Ross Town Council has resigned from the Green Party and joined Fine Gael. She has been added to the FG ticket in the New Ross district for the local elections in 2014. Writing has been on the wall for the Greens in Wexford for sometime and they polled just 20 votes in the General Election in New Ross town.

Surprising however that she would jump ship to Fine Gael as opposed to run as an independent or join Fianna Fail as other greens have. At the last local elections the Greens picked up 2 seats in Co Wexford, Niamh Fitzgibbon had been critical of the abolition of town councils a policy driven by the TD, Phil Hogan whose Kilkenny bailiwick starts literally just across the bridge from where she sits as TC chair. Strange!

Ribeye

OMG, I couldn't fckn care less what some jumped up little nobody does to save her own disgusting skin.....

Bill

what type of dog is it?

Spanner Island

The Greens are dead in the water in this country...

Gormley, Ryan and Twitter kite flying addict Boyle saw to that...

Analyzer

Hopefully she will get closer to the trough now.

Opportunism - perhaps the most widespread ideology amongst Irish politicians.

Bill

lab/husky cross, yeah I'd probably vote for him

tigerben

People don't change their religion as often as Politicans change to different parties! It's their consience it seems , it comes in to play when they see what way the wind blows for them.

Honecker

I really hope this Fitzgibbon character isn't elected because she's obviously just a carpetbagger.

Ribeye

Analyzer

Niamh Fitzgibbon Cathaoirleach of New Ross Town Council has resigned from the Green Party and joined Fine Gael. She has been added to the FG ticket in the New Ross district for the local elections in 2014. Writing has been on the wall for the Greens in Wexford for sometime and they polled just 20 votes in the General Election in New Ross town.

Surprising however that she would jump ship to Fine Gael as opposed to run as an independent or join Fianna Fail as other greens have. At the last local elections the Greens picked up 2 seats in Co Wexford, Niamh Fitzgibbon had been critical of the abolition of town councils a policy driven by the TD, Phil Hogan whose Kilkenny bailiwick starts literally just across the bridge from where she sits as TC chair. Strange!
Wonderful news. The blueshirts now have their very own Keaveney.

mickterry

Something similar may happen in Wicklow. There is a story going around that Peter Dempsey, who was independent and is now FG is considering returning to the independent ranks. He appears to spend a lot of time with Billy Timmons so that may have something to do with it

garrett

That sounds like a very nice dog. Activity of a husky and friendly temperment of labrador -you have a real crowd pleaser there. I dare say my collie Bardik would give yours a run for his money or maybe be jis election agent

Analyzer

Any reaction from the markets?
HBAP reckons that this will push up GDP figures.

It is "good news" and "good news" causes people to go deeper into debt buying sh!t they don't need with money they are not able to save from jobs where the taxes take the good out of working.

The markets approve. More ponzi-economics is always approved by the mohrkets.

ManInTheArena

That sounds like a very nice dog. Activity of a husky and friendly temperment of labrador -you have a real crowd pleaser there. I dare say my collie Bardik would give yours a run for his money or maybe be jis election agent
Love interest perhaps? An unmarried dog might not go down too well with some voters.

New Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom