• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Nicky Kehoe

Batman

coconut said:
What are people's thoughts on Cllr. Nicky Kehoe in Cabra? I haven't heard much about him myself but my grandad's in Fianna Fáil and doesn't think much of him. ¬_¬
Shock and awe! :lol:

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
I can only go on the word of one of our apprentices from a few years back, who thought Nicky was the best thing since sliced bread. He said that before Nicky came out of Portlaoise, Cabra was full of drugs, but after a little while, the problem cleared up. Thats why many many many people supported him. He was into getting things done, not talking about them. Its a pity that he didn't decide to stand in the next GE, the Dail needs more men (and women) like him

campbeca

rockofcashel said:
I can only go on the word of one of our apprentices from a few years back, who thought Nicky was the best thing since sliced bread. He said that before Nicky came out of Portlaoise, Cabra was full of drugs, but after a little while, the problem cleared up. Thats why many many many people supported him. He was into getting things done, not talking about them. Its a pity that he didn't decide to stand in the next GE, the Dail needs more men (and women) like him
I dont know much about the guy can you fill me in?

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
campbeca said:
rockofcashel said:
I dont know much about the guy can you fill me in?
Got ten years in jail for sitting in a car.

Ok, it was outside Galen Westons house.

Nils

I think he was briefly a selector for the Dublin hurlers a few years back before some inevitable squabble or other led to him being thrown overboard.

Decko

why did he pull out of the GE....I think he would have taken the seat and ML can have ran elsewhere

Batman

Nils said:
I think he was briefly a selector for the Dublin hurlers a few years back before some inevitable squabble or other led to him being thrown overboard.
Dont think he got that far. Because of politics he wasnt appointed to be a selector, apparently. Think he is involved with St. Finbarrs in Cabra.

gobshite

Decko said:
why did he pull out of the GE....I think he would have taken the seat and ML can have ran elsewhere
I think he pulled out by himself and there was no need for any competition. You're right though he probably would have gone on to win a seat.

Worldbystorm

I think it's a pity he didn't stand. Seems to have been fairly effective. My understanding was it was a personal matter that prevented him, which seems odd, but then again.

duff

I have a great respect for Nicky Kehoe. He certainly did get things done in Cabra, by all accounts.

Wednesday

Website
ceadaoin.blogspot.com
Worldbystorm said:
I think it's a pity he didn't stand. Seems to have been fairly effective. My understanding was it was a personal matter that prevented him, which seems odd, but then again.
This has been answered so many times on this forum (and elsewhere). He's tired of being a politician and wants to spend time with his family. In his own words: "I'm in this game 30 years, I need a new f**king life."

edifice.

Worldbystorm said:
He was a bit peeved at how his buddy was treated concerning criminality.

campbeca

Wednesday said:
[

This has been answered so many times on this forum (and elsewhere). He's tired of being a politician and wants to spend time with his family. In his own words: "I'm in this game 30 years, I need a new f**king life."
:lol:
don't believe that for a second from any politican.

gobshite

If Mary Lou takes this seat who will be running in the by election to replace her in the European Paliament.

Also what is the story with pronouncing Kehoe, is it like keough or Key ho.

smiffy

Website
cedarlounge.wordpress.com
gobshite said:
If Mary Lou takes this seat who will be running in the by election to replace her in the European Paliament.
There is no by-election. When an MEP stands down, they're replaced by the next person on the party's substitute list.

In this case I can't remember the name of the guy (someone will supply it) but it's that SF bigwig who was working on the new economic policy. After that (IIRC) it's Killian Forde.

I might be wrong on those, but I imagine I'll be corrected soon enough.

Trefor

Website
oclmenai.blogspot.com
smiffy said:
gobshite said:
There is no by-election. When an MEP stands down, they're replaced by the next person on the party's substitute list.

In this case I can't remember the name of the guy (someone will supply it) but it's that SF bigwig who was working on the new economic policy. After that (IIRC) it's Killian Forde.

I might be wrong on those, but I imagine I'll be corrected soon enough.
I thought KF wasext in line.

He started posting here a couple of days ago.

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
Robbie Smyth is the other guy on the sub list.

I think Killian is first up though. Probably give him some profile before eventually replacing Larry O' Toole in DNE.