• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Nidal Hasan is paralyzed

CookieMonster

According to Mark Knoller, CBS News White House correspondent:

CBS News quotes lawyer: accused Fort Hood gunman Nidal Hasan is paralyzed. He remains under guard in an Army hospital. Hasan's lawyer, John Gallilgan says his client "cannot get up and walk." He says "paralysis is likely from the waist down."

BlackWatch

I'd be happy to drag him to the electric chair.
He has to be interrogated first,there could be more attacks being planned that he has connections to. Just because there is no mention of it on the internet or on computers doesn't mean that there is nothing planned.

The Field Marshal

Don't understand how inflicting same savagery on this man as he did on others makes this a better world. Mainfestly it does not work as a deterrent either. Despite death penaly, US is extremely violent country in comparison to most others.
The purpose of the death penalty is to reflect societies abhorrence of the crime.
The death penalty is not primarily intended to be a deterrent although it can have that effect on some.

It has been statistically shown that burglaries and breakin rates to US homes are lower than Europe and this has been proved to be caused by the fact that most homeowners are armed with lethal weaponry.

Marcos the black

The purpose of the death penalty is to reflect societies abhorrence of the crime.
The death penalty is not primarily intended to be a deterrent although it can have that effect on some.

It has been statistically shown that burglaries and breakin rates to US homes are lower than Europe and this has been proved to be caused by the fact that most homeowners are armed with lethal weaponry.
Yes but what stats are there on 3 year old brothers accidentily shooting their 2 year old sisters??

Cellach

It has been statistically shown that burglaries and breakin rates to US homes are lower than Europe
Where?
and this has been proved to be caused by the fact that most homeowners are armed with lethal weaponry.
If the instances of break in are lower, are the chances of the home owner being murdered during the break in higher, due to everyone being armed with lethal weaponary?

Young Ned

We also have a lot of firearm deaths.. Not sure of the value on *that* tradeoff.

blindjustice

The Field Marshal

Yes but what stats are there on 3 year old brothers accidentily shooting their 2 year old sisters??
Careless parents exist in every society.

The point of home protection by lethal weaponry is not invalidated by tragic and avoidable accidents

The Field Marshal

Where?

If the instances of break in are lower, are the chances of the home owner being murdered during the break in higher, due to everyone being armed with lethal weaponary?
I am currently unable to give you the reference since I read it some years back but I feel certain that should you google it and do some research it will bear out my point.

It only makes sense anyway that burglars are less likely to intrude if they are likely to meet an armed response.

In the US murder carries the death penalty.Average burglars are not inclined to risk either death in the commission of a crime or subsequent execution for the sake of a few dollars.

In the EU dominated Ireland of today burglars risk little and can murder knowing they,ll be free in a few years.

The Field Marshal

It's certainly not validated by tragic and avoidable accidents..
I did,nt say it was. Are you smoking something you should,nt be?

Congalltee

If convicted can he choose to be executed by firing squad?
They can recreate James Connolly's death.

The Field Marshal

We also have a lot of firearm deaths.. Not sure of the value on *that* tradeoff.
Firearm deaths? These things rarely go off by themselves usually theres a finger on the trigger and thats the nub of the problem.

Nor is it a tradeoff.I told you to stop smoking that stuff.

The OD

My heart bleeds for him.......

The Field Marshal

If convicted can he choose to be executed by firing squad?
They can recreate James Connolly's death.
Cynical post.

Connolly was executed for his political beliefs and love of his country.

Nidal Hasan hated his country and murdered in cold blood 13 people.

It seems you are not able to see the difference.

Young Ned

Firearm deaths? These things rarely go off by themselves usually theres a finger on the trigger and thats the nub of the problem.

Nor is it a tradeoff.I told you to stop smoking that stuff.
What? You're making no sense.

Of course if you keep firearms in the house you trade security for safety, otherwise there'd be no accidental firearm deaths. Some people do make the argument that it's worth it, but to say there's no tradeoff in the security/safety equation is just plain silly.

Maybe you should reconsider your fascination with 'smoking stuff'.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies