• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Nigel Dodds taken ill at Westminster

Ren84

North Belfast MP Nigel Dodds has been taken to hospital in London after taking ill at the DUP's offices in Westminster. It is unclear at this stage what caused his hospitalisation, but he is now said to be in a stable condition..........

DUP MP Nigel Dodds taken to hospital - RTÉ News

Whatever your politics I wouldn't wish harm on the man.

cillian32

Lets hope its not to bad and he can recover soon.

Narcissist

I'm glad to hear his condition is stable.

I would disagree with the man in many, many ways but I would never wish harm on him. Hopefully he can make a full recovery and get back home to his family safe and sound.

cricket

I find myself deeply at odds with much of what he comes out with. However, I believe you have to think of an attempt by two IRA men to kill him while he was visiting the intensive care unit of a Belfast hospital years ago. His special needs son was a patient there. You can then understand how difficult it would be for him not to take a hard line on many issues.

I hope he recovers fully soon.

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
Statement from Peter Robinson. "Nigel Dodds will be staying in hospital over night for observation but hopes to be discharged in the morning."
Some good news.

vaudeville

Statement from Peter Robinson. "Nigel Dodds will be staying in hospital over night for observation but hopes to be discharged in the morning."
Some good news.
That sounds very positive. Would have thought If you were to be medicated, you'd be admitted, under observation for day's at least.

InsideImDancing

Probably a heart attack scare as opposed to the real thing.

Good luck to him.

Just Jack

Best of luck to the lad.

He'll make leader of Sinn Fein yet.

Ren84

Northern Ireland's First Minister Peter Robinson has been admitted to hospital.

Mr Robinson, 66, became unwell at around 9am this morning and was taken to the Ulster Hospital in Dundonald near his home.

He was later transferred across Belfast to the Royal Victoria Hospital where he is undergoing tests for a suspected heart-related condition.

There are no further details on his condition.
Peter Robinson admitted to hospital - RTÉ News

Just Jack

Iris and her young partner will be holding a vigil at Peter's bedside.

michael-mcivor

The Vote on Welfare cuts was tomorrow in which Sinn Fein was going to oppose those cuts and the Assembly could have collapsed - Robbo seen NO way out but has now took the hospital option-( will the Vote be stopped tomorrow over this sham )-