Nigeria 2B 3rd most populous Country on the Globe by 2050AD - what are the implications 4US?

Catalpast

Yes Folks its Official

Nigeria is growing growing growing ................and then some!

The UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs, has projected Nigeria to be the world’s third most populous country by the year 2050.

The report said, “By 2050, the third most populous country will be Nigeria, which currently ranks seventh, and which is poised to replace the United States.

“Among the 10 largest countries of the world, one is in Africa (Nigeria). Nigeria’s population, currently the seventh largest in the world, is growing the most rapidly.

“Consequently, the population of Nigeria is projected to surpass that of the United States shortly before 2050, at which point it would become the third largest country in the world.”

Nigeria to overtake US as world

We cannot ignore it anymore that Nigeria will one of the most important Countries in the World within just one generation [2050] from now

It has the potential to be a Global Power and a source for Good

- or yet another Basketcase...

Obviously it is somewhere that just One Generation ago [1984] we had hardly any contact with

- yet today there is hardly anyone in Ireland who does not know or met someone from there.

I think the best way we can deal with this situation to regularise our contacts with Nigeria

- that is instead of ignoring what is coming down the track we should develop good Trade and Cultural Links and a sense of mutual understanding and respect for each other

We can then exchange Goods and Services and indeed people on a mutually satisfactory terms based on a fully legal and operational basis.

Anyway that's my take on it.....

Northsideman

I keep winning their lotto, I love them.

jpc

What are the implications for Nigeria.
Food, environmental, societal.
Where how are people going to exist?

Catalpast

What are the implications for Nigeria.
Food, environmental, societal.
Where how are people going to exist?
Maintaining population growth is pretty well definitive

Its biggest problem is CORRUPTION by far

- which has led to serious wealth distribution problems

- that and centrifugal forces between North & South and East and West

- that could rip it part ...

ruserious

Overcrowded social housing for Pamela?

parentheses

I saw an article the other day said Africa will have a total population by 4.4 billion by the year 2100.

That's 4 times the current population of China. :shock:

I highly doubt Africa will be able to support that number of people.

Karloff

At least Ireland (which will probably be majority Nigerian by then) will have a big brother in the world. :cool:

Take your kids to the zoo, enjoy what you see while you can, in the future VR and video clips won't have quite the same effect. Poor old Malthus never factored in the destruction of the biosphere into his prediction. That goes first, then his warning comes true.

Erudite Caveman

I saw an article the other day said Africa will have a total population by 4.4 billion by the year 2100.

That's 4 times the current population of China. :shock:

I highly doubt Africa will be able to support that number of people.
Meh, if it had the same density as Europe it would have 3.6bn

razorblade

They can't even manage its current population how's it going to cope with 4 times that number, they really should learn what birth control is, it's completely unsustainable.

Dame_Enda

The Church tells them condoms cause AIDS. :roll:

razorblade

The Church tells them condoms cause AIDS. :roll:
Well they need to be told that wearing condoms is the most evicient, way to prevent aids and unwanted pregnancies, things are out of control over there and getting worse, sex education is the best way to alleviate it.

Northsideman

They can't even manage its current population how's it going to cope with 4 times that number, they really should learn what birth control is, it's completely unsustainable.
Don't be worrying, all the rich countries like ours will give them aid and bail em out, sorted!

PeaceGoalie

Lots of HIV, lots of Catholics (St Patriock is the patron saint) and far too many Muslamics who kidnap and rape young girls

Karloff

Lots of HIV, lots of Catholics (St Patriock is the patron saint) and far too many Muslamics who kidnap and rape young girls
74% of the Christians they have... are Protestants. Protestants also preach against family planning in Africa, much more so than Catholics - Pope Francis recently stated that Catholics should not 'breed like rabbits'.

PeaceGoalie

74% of the Christians they have... are Protestants. Protestants also preach against family planning in Africa, much more so than Catholics - Pope Francis recently stated that Catholics should not 'breed like rabbits'.
I didn't know they had so many heretics. Guess I've known mostly Bifrans and those from the Delta. Not the other sort. Thanks.

PeaceGoalie

Catholics do not breed like rabbits and Pope Frank should withdraw that stupid remark

Obviously it is somewhere that just One Generation ago [1984] we had hardly any contact with
Really !!!

A priest friend described me on first meeting as his Irish cousin, unsure of what he meant he told me the story of Irish Missionaries in Biafra, during the Civil war the Priests and Nuns were ordered by their Bishops to leave yet none did. They stayed and helped often at personal cost.

He himself said pretty much everybody he knows from his area had the sacraments adminstered by Irish priests while the schols and medical care was provided by Irish nuns.
The Biafran view of Ireland among his generation is incredibly positive because we were looking after people while many other nations were selling weapons or like Red Cross pretending it wasn't happening.

St Patrick is one of their Patron Saints.

Catalpast

Really !!!

A priest friend described me on first meeting as his Irish cousin, unsure of what he meant he told me the story of Irish Missionaries in Biafra, during the Civil war the Priests and Nuns were ordered by their Bishops to leave yet none did. They stayed and helped often at personal cost.

He himself said pretty much everybody he knows from his area had the sacraments adminstered by Irish priests while the schols and medical care was provided by Irish nuns.
The Biafran view of Ireland among his generation is incredibly positive because we were looking after people while many other nations were selling weapons or like Red Cross pretending it wasn't happening.

St Patrick is one of their Patron Saints.
Biafra was 1967-1970

I am old enough to remember that!

But very few Nigerians lived in Ireland until the late 1990s

Biafra was 1967-1970

I am old enough to remember that!

But very few Nigerians lived in Ireland until the late 1990s
Me too

But what I have found is people from Biafra know their history very well.

A few of Irish - Nigerian Heritage did.................. you old enough to remember Phil Lynnott as well.

New Threads

Most Replies