Nigeria's 'Taliban' enigma

Aindriu

Perhaps this explains why so many christian Nigerians are coming here?

They have launched co-ordinated attacks across northern Nigeria, threatening to overthrow the government and impose strict Islamic law - but who exactly are the Nigerian Taliban?
Since the group emerged in 2004 they have become known as "Taliban", although they appear to have no links to the Taliban in Afghanistan.
Some analysts believe they took inspiration from the radical Afghans, others say the name is more a term of ridicule used by people in Maiduguri, the area where they were founded.

The group's other name, Boko Haram, means "Western education is a sin" and is another title used by local people to refer to the group.
Full story here and here.

Clanrickard

Perhaps this explains why so many christian Nigerians are coming here?

Full story here and here.
Boko Haram means "education is a sin". These savages think the only education is constant Koran classes. The Nigerian police seem to have gotten a bit tougher on them in recent weeks which is to be commended.

Trampas

The taleban are backed by brzezinski cfi...there's oil in Nigeria...do the math

Oil........ always oil, and I dare say the 100 or so deaths in Nigeria during the Danish cartoon protests can also be put down to "oil"........somehow.

Clanrickard

Oil........ always oil, and I dare say the 100 or so deaths in Nigeria during the Danish cartoon protests can also be put down to "oil"........somehow.
The oil is found in the south which is Christian. Minor detail for the pc lobby.

wysiwyg

Or maybe they are coming here because they believe that we are a sft touch for the amount of thieving scams that Nigerian nationals seem to have made into an artform

Just an opinion

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
_. P .., .S.
. .:............. ....
....:.................._ ....,
............ .............., .:..
....... . . _:........ :..
_...... . .<........ ....
,...... ....... ..._.
_..... ..:...) .....
:.... ..:.... .....
.... _:..... .....
...... .....U..._.
..... _:..... (
O..... ......
:... ) .......
....._ . ...E:..),
.:.... ).... . _.....
..... ,...... .:....
) ..... ...:.._ .....
....... ..:..... ...+,
. :...... )..:...,. ....
.:....... ..+......., _:...
............?. .............. .....
. .......:............,. :...
. :..............) ...
.. I. .. ,D.

shmuck

This weekend it was apparently a lot more than 100 dead. 100 is the official figure for the death toll.

A BBC reporter counted 50 bodies in a small part of town before giving up.

The Nigerian Army were reported this morning shelling Boko Haram positions according to the World Service.
Africa is being carved up through a covert war between the US & China all to do with oil.....and no one gives a hoot.Where's Bono and Bob and goal and trocaire nowadays...smiling laughing and dancing all the way to the bank! shower of scum the lot! and as for amnesty international pfffft!

Tiernanator

The oil is found in the south which is Christian. Minor detail for the pc lobby.
Most of the Nigerians who are in Ireland are taking the p. If a Christian is threatened in a moslem part of Nigeria then they can move to a Christian area vice versa for Moslems. I know many Nigerians, used to live in London good craic but I wouldn't be inviting them to move into my home anytime soon. We are being conned but unfortunately a certain type of Irish person cannot/refuses to see the con.

shmuck

Most of the Nigerians who are in Ireland are taking the p. If a Christian is threatened in a moslem part of Nigeria then they can move to a Christian area vice versa for Moslems. I know many Nigerians, used to live in London good craic but I wouldn't be inviting them to move into my home anytime soon. We are being conned but unfortunately a certain type of Irish person cannot/refuses to see the con.
Hello Tiernanator,you have clearly nothing to do with SF after that ridiculous post,nice try but your a woeful imposter.Now p~ss off and get a life.

bob3344

Hello Tiernanator,you have clearly nothing to do with SF after that ridiculous post,nice try but your a woeful imposter.Now p~ss off and get a life.
What he said is true. Nigerians are known as fraudsters even by african standards.

The other point is true also - huge country, easy to move away from christians/muslims etc.

We are a nation of suckers. Which african country did we take more people from than any other - oh yeah, the one with no war, or famine, but with huge oil reserves.

shmuck

What he said is true. Nigerians are known as fraudsters even by african standards.
only a Racist fool would generalise like that.

The other point is true also - huge country, easy to move away from christians/muslims etc.
wrong it's not easy to move anywhere,you must be a bird.

We are a nation of suckers. Which african country did we take more people from than any other - oh yeah, the one with no war, or famine, but with huge oil reserves.
we are a nation of suckers indeed you got that one right,and the biggest one is you.

Vega1447

only a Racist fool would generalise like that.
wrong it's not easy to move anywhere,you must be a bird..
There seem to be plenty of ways of getting round in Nigeria:
Nigeria travel guide - Wikitravel

Why cannot Northern Christian Nigerians internally migrate to the Christian South rather than travel thousands of km to Europe?

The first option seems a lot easier than the second.

bob3344

wrong it's not easy to move anywhere,you must be a bird.
So its not easy to move from one part of Nigeria to another, but you see no problem with the fact that they have chosen to move thousands of miles to Ireland ?

you must be an idiot.

Toland

Website
_. P .., .S.
,...... ....... ..._.
...... .....U..._.
O..... ......
.. I. .. ,D.

Vega1447

The generalisations about Nigerians are astounding.
Agreed.

But the casual claims that Nigerians coming to Ireland are all refugees just don't bear examination.

Why travel many thousands of km North when you could travel 500km South and stay in your own country?

Toland

Website
_. P .., .S.
,...... ....... ..._.
...... .....U..._.
O..... ......
.. I. .. ,D.

jcdf

Oil is a curse. It causes poverty and extreme inequality. It renders the people and government of the state powerless over their own destiny and worse creates the illusion of power and wealth where there is none. It brings in medalling foreigners in the guise of help, who at best steal, at worst ideologically screw the country by creating or reinforcing ethnic divisions and inciting religious hatred. The US and China and Europeans and Arabs and other Africans are in Nigeria supporting their own interests. And then there is all the independent scum, arms dealers, drug dealers etc.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies