• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

an innocent abroad

Let's see Minister Harris sack them for abusing the public purse.

Better still, lets see Dr Varadker call out his peers!

fergal1790

Would most likely be harder to find those not involved in this than to find those who are robbing the public patients of their appointments and procedures.

Mitsui2

Can you imagine the outcry if a tradesman employed, in either the public or private sector, worked less than 13 hours per week for his employer and spent the rest of the time doing nixers.

Where the hell are the battalions of "managers"? Could one ,or several of them, not be given the job of keeping track of the consultants' hours?

This theft and should be treated as a criminal matter.
You mean you ever for one single moment believed that all these "managers" were introduced to manage actual consultants?

Along with senior lawyers, they're one of the few last real relics of that "ould dacency" we were supposed to have supplanted in 1922!

Ask Noel Browne.

Franzoni

Laffin ...

Anyways ...i've had me suspicions over the care my mother had ...my cousins young fella told me at the time i was being a bit paranoid...he's a barrister i'll ring him tomorrow and see what he thinks.....

Expose the lot of them

Tonight's programme investigating the waste industry and guess who is being exposed? Our old friends Greyhound, the crowd that Tierney gifted the DCC collection to. GH blaming "industrial relations disputes" for the illegal dumping.

sethjem7

Tonight's programme investigating the waste industry and guess who is being exposed? Our old friends Greyhound, the crowd that Tierney gifted the DCC collection to. GH blaming "industrial relations disputes" for the illegal dumping.
Don't worry, an emergency DCC hotline is being setup as I type this.

sethjem7

I'm sure DCC are getting the crack NICLAG group back together to tackle this head on, expect posters soon.

puffin

Complete contempt for the law in Donegal. Quelle surprise.
Did a programme on waste disposal, without mentioning toxic diesel laundering even once,, Provo ball licking even by RTE standards.

Karloff

Unfortunately dirtying the environment seems to be in the Irish culture or mentality, add to that the fact that many types of crimes go ignored by the State and a capitalist system which prizes the fast buck and an expanding population and you have a toxic brew.

We still dump sewage into our coastal waters even near cities here.

Wish we could import the Japanese civic spirit.

Patslatt1

Last edited:
Last edited:
This is Ireland's rental market by design. We've had decades to create a regulatory mechanism following European norms to ensure renter rights/ landlord responsibilities, and rent surety. It's not unsurprising when FG came along to pick up the pieces after FF's property orgy, they instead chose to become slumlords using the crash as means to excuse their behavior. Paddy and Mary enjoy their yearly holidays on the backs of others misery.
NIMBY home owners who want no housing built near them are pandered to by the politicians. That explains vexatious red tape and lack of investment in sewerage and water that blocks housing in Dublin. Many media journalists still don't get it.

Patslatt1

Yes, the rickshaw guy, he also runs English language "tours", accommodation provided. Some the " accommodation " shown is advertised on Brazilian Facebook pages.

DCC, and the other councils, have a lit if questions to answer, actively discouraged tenants from making complaints, failing to take action when they did inspect, and making HAP payments to landlords of substandard accommodation.
All but one Dublin city councillor was opposed to using unused green spaces to build housing as proposed by the city manager. Many of those councillors are lefties, supposed friends of ordinary people.

Expose the lot of them

All but one Dublin city councillor was opposed to using unused green spaces to build housing as proposed by the city manager. Many of those councillors are lefties, supposed friends of ordinary people.
Suggest you name the councillor and the "unused green space"?

amist4

Unfortunately dirtying the environment seems to be in the Irish culture or mentality, add to that the fact that many types of crimes go ignored by the State and a capitalist system which prizes the fast buck and an expanding population and you have a toxic brew.

We still dump sewage into our coastal waters even near cities here.

Wish we could import the Japanese civic spirit.
Do they eat their shït?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom