• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

Sweet Darling

Last edited:
Last edited:
Its staring people in the face but they are sailing on de-nial !
The Slum house on Old County Road in Crumlin is only a few doors down from Joan Collins Full time operated office, she of the PBP or whatever it's call this week,
Hard to believe she and the lads did not know what was going on.
She and her reprobates could do something useful and picket the landlords own house.

glerp

I am only watching this now on RTE NewsNow.
Holy S**t this is F***ed up!

PC Principle

https://www.rte.ie/player/ie/live/8/

Seriously, fool that I am, I wouldn't have believed that people were expected to live in conditions like this. One renter said that " you don't expect to find conditions like this in a first world country. "! I have news for him , this isn't a first world country .
It's reality like this is why AirBNB should be ran out of town.

Ah shure, as long as hotels suffer huh.

an innocent abroad

Meanwhile, the compliant landlord registers with RTB, is compliant tax wise, but may have to live with overholding for months on end, with no rent. Possibly damage to the property also. And will then have to pay legal fees to sort it all out.

Seems you are better off having twenty to a room and no registration, no tax, no nothing. Who checks it out anyway? That is the question. Not the Council, not the DOE, and RTB is useless.
My friends son's landlord was registered with all the compliance agency's, but could not get the C.C. to inspect it...
because he knew as a former employee they wouldn't touch it.

Florence

Meanwhile, the compliant landlord registers with RTB, is compliant tax wise, but may have to live with overholding for months on end, with no rent. Possibly damage to the property also. And will then have to pay legal fees to sort it all out.

Seems you are better off having twenty to a room and no registration, no tax, no nothing. Who checks it out anyway? That is the question. Not the Council, not the DOE, and RTB is useless.
I couldn't agree more.

Why didn't the programme raise the issue of almost certain tax evasion by these bad landlords? RTE knew the nos of tenants and the rents paid in the houses they featured. They also found out the names of the landlords. Surely Revenue would have been interested in this information?

Expose the lot of them

Dublin Fire Brigade inspected immediately on receipt of reports. Dublin City Council sat on their hands and ignored any reports they received, ignored breaches and continued with HAP payments.

Too busy flying Palestinian flags or Catalonia flags to worry about trivial things like fire safety or people living in a slum.
Will get it into you head that inspections fall under the remit of the overpaid incompetents employed by the councils, not the elected representatives. Many of these elected reps that you are so quick to condemn find themselves hitting the same brick wall when they try to get Keegan and his mob to do their jobs.

an innocent abroad

The letter of complaint to DCC shows that DCC have absolutely no interest in holding landlords to account.

The whole staff in this department should be fired!

ellie08

I couldn't agree more.

Why didn't the programme raise the issue of almost certain tax evasion by these bad landlords? RTE knew the nos of tenants and the rents paid in the houses they featured. They also found out the names of the landlords. Surely Revenue would have been interested in this information?
At least RTE Highlighted it. Hopefully it will shame the govt into doing something. This craic is like something out of the 19th century. It needs to be stopped and these landlords need to see a jail cell, which probably will be more comfortable and clean with better facilities than what they are providing their tenants at the moment. I mean, Jesus, How could you put people up in accommodation like that. Most decent people would be mortified to profit out of this type of thing.

asset test

Facebook can get you a bed in a ten bed room for X euro a week.

Seems like it is an immigrant issue. I cannot be sure, but join the dots. Our own are in hotels or the like.

Meanwhile we are guilt tripped every fekin day about the "housing crisis".

I cannot even be bothered to look up who the Minister for Environment is now. I think it's that Murphy fella but not sure.

Sick of this country now (and then).

Expose the lot of them

Last edited:
Last edited:
I know someone living next to one of these houses. It's rented by Brazilian students. Whenever an inspection is due, a van pulls up outside the slum and loads all the excess beds out of the house with a few trips to a different property.

They've had a sewage truck visit twice in the last few months to pump out blocked sewers. I suppose a house designed for 4 people isn't meant to take 50 people's worth of $hite clogging up the system. Dublin City Council are aware but do nothing.
If I was living next door to something like that by God I would haunt the council and the fire department, if necessary I would mount a picket on the landlord's home. I am damn sure that ilk do not want their neighbours to know what finances their lifestyle. Did you see the home of the scumbag who owns Old County Road and the other properties in Crumlin?

glerp

This is goddamned wrong.
These are prisons for 'free' people.

Wascurito

Is there anything to be said for flying some flag from City Hall?

New Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom