Ninja Johnny Makes Histrea

between the bridges

Jonathan Rea has won his third World title riding for Kawasaki Racing Team (Ninja ZX-10RR.)

Jonathan Rea became the first rider to clinch three successive World Superbike titles by winning Race 1 at Magny-Cours.

The Northern Ireland man's 50th win in the series gives him an unassailable 129-point lead with five races left after his 12th victory of the season.

World Superbikes: Jonathan Rea makes history by clinching third successive title - BBC Sport

JOHNNY (Proud dad and Irish road racing champion and Isle of Man TT winner): “It’s brilliant that Jonathan has clinched his third world title this weekend, and become the first ever to win three World Superbike titles in a row. It’s hard to describe my emotions at the minute. I was nervous but ­excited before the race, and I am so proud of Jonathan and all his achievements. Also how he’s the same son now as he always was.”

What they said about Jonathan Rea's third world superbike title - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

Next stop is an open house homecoming party in his home town, Ballyclare, tonight followed by a visit to Windsor Park to see his Northern Ireland football heroes take on World champions Germany in a vital World Cup qualifying game on Thursday.

"It's incredible, I'm in a bubble," Rea said.

"It was once a dream of mine to win a World championship and my grandfather John, who died before I really had time to get to know him, told me, some day you will win a world championship.

I've made my grandad's World title dream come true, says Jonathan Rea - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

One of the most talented racers in any class of competition today, Jonathan Rea started his two-wheeled education early, winning the British 60cc motocross championship in 1997

Jonathan Rea | Jonathan Rea

GAWA Vroom Vroom

former wesleyan

Very few of these lads seem capable of stepping up to Moto GP class. Can't quite figure this out.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies