"No Blacks Allowed" in Temple Bar Pub !!!???

Killerbank

Buskers Bar in Temple Bar investigating after students refused entry told 'no blacks allowed'

This report in Journal.ie is of three students from South Africa who were refused admission to a pub in Temple Bar with the bouncer saying openly "No Blacks Allowed".

Worse: the manager, when eventually located, supported the bouncer's action and said that they didn't have to give a reason for refusing entry.

Worse again: The Gardai, when a complaint was made, said that racial discrimination was not a criminal offence (??!!) and there was nothing the Gardai could do for the complainants.

Apparently, the matter was raised on Liveline on RTE Radio, though not (yet) in the Dail.

This is Ireland 2016.....

RodShaft

You don't come here much, do you?

Can I suggest you comment on the existing thread in the zoo?

Strawberry

Allegation made, no corroboration, Irish media jump to conclusions and so do a lot of gullible people who ring Liveline.

This is Ireland 2016.

Dame_Enda

Buskers Bar in Temple Bar investigating after students refused entry told 'no blacks allowed'

This report in Journal.ie is of three students from South Africa who were refused admission to a pub in Temple Bar with the bouncer saying openly "No Blacks Allowed".

Worse: the manager, when eventually located, supported the bouncer's action and said that they didn't have to give a reason for refusing entry.

Worse again: The Gardai, when a complaint was made, said that racial discrimination was not a criminal offence (??!!) and there was nothing the Gardai could do for the complainants.

Apparently, the matter was raised on Liveline on RTE Radio, though not (yet) in the Dail.

Where is the evidence the manager supported their actions? The link doesnt say that in fact the bar is investigating.

greengoose2

into alleged discrimination of three students who were declined entry last Sunday.

who allegedly said there were “no blacks allowed”.

“out of respect to the rights of all parties involved, Busker’s Bar cannot comment further whilst the investigation is ongoing”.

Killerbank

Where is the evidence the manager supported their actions? The link doesnt say that in fact the bar is investigating.
Read the Journal.ie report shown in link.
Journal.ie is regarded as a reputable media source.

amsterdemmetje

FFS Thats at least three threads on this can you imagine the amount of shyte i have to listen to :cool:

Rural

Where they sit on their arses and write the "news" as they hear it on Liveline!:rolleyes:

Strawberry

That doesn't mean every allegation they print is true. The students have made an accusation, the bar is investigating, so before you get your knickers in a twist maybe you should wait and see the outcome of the investigation.

Rural

Wait till they get your Britvic scoop! All hell will break loose.
I wouldn't be able to hold back the emotion if I "talked to Joe" (or whoever) about that incident, I try to put it behind me, stiff upper lip 'n' all that!:)

greengoose2

FG mayor quits over race comments

Fine Gael’s Darren Scully resigned tonight as Mayor of Naas following controversy over his comments about “black Africans".
Cllr Scully, a member of Naas Town Council, said today in an interview that he would no longer represent “black Africans” living in his area after experiencing an "aggressive" attitude and "bad manners" when dealing with some.
That trumps Enda's joke...

greengoose2

During the recent census there was a question on page 24 section B which asked "what colour are you"? I had honestly never checked before what colour I am. So I went to the hall mirror and had a look. I couldn't put a tick in the "white box" as that would be incorrect. So I wrote under the box "pinkish with a few brown freckles".
Its possible many people don't know what colour they are because like me they don't check but instead just use a mirror to shave and what not. I mean how many people look at a mirror and go "I'm white. I'm black".
Will this help?

Killerbank

greengoose2

Brenny

I know a head nightclub bouncer very well. They are trained to give bland reasons for why somebody can't get in "regulars only" "sorry not tonight buddy" "you've had a bit to drink" ect. They certainly discriminate, every bar and club is going for a certain look but I find it very difficult to believe that a temple bar pub bouncer would say"no blacks". There's no doubt that some of them think it but saying it is entirely different

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies