"No Blacks Allowed" in Temple Bar Pub !!!???

ticketyboo

Thus far it is an accusation,he has been refused that's all we know,nobody can come forward with concrete evidence,until then it is just hearsay,a drunk (who happens to be a blackman) capitalising on that erroneous race card....I don't think anyone would refuse somone because they were from a different ethnic group,because it would greatly damage their business and endanger their employment prospects...Nobody can come up with a reason why or the leading dialogue up to the refusal of entry of this guy...
Incredibly lazy contribution.....if you were to bother reading the journal story, there were three students, at least one who is being quoted most frequently is a girl and where is there any supporting evidence for opining that any of these students were drunk.....?
Can make no judgement call on the veracity of the allegations.....all scenarios are possible. The students could have been refused and because they SUSPECT the guy's motivation decide to accuse him of saying those words....
Was the bouncer an arrogant thick who likes playing God because he has a barrel chest and a bomber jacket and thought he'd get away with it.....I've met the type often, and personally made me shy away from frequenting these type of places with their fake exclusivity appeal....Studio 54 my hole.....

ticketyboo

Polar bears. When people think of Polar bears they think of white bears. This is incorrect. If you caught a Polar bear and managed to get it to sit still long enough so that you could shave it. You would discover its skin is black.
Aye...the site is over populated with clowns and trolls, and many of them are much funnier than you're attempting to be. Quick ignore list update imminent...

T

Thomas_..

I just walked back from the supermarket carrying a 4 pack of toilet rolls. No bag. Dodgy business carrying toilet rolls and no bag. Fortunately I only passed two people and they didn't give me a durty look.
:lol:

I´ve no problem with that and I´d rather give someone a "look" if he laughs at someone carrying toilet rolls for suspecting him or her of not using such him- / herself at all.

JHB78

Ireland used to have a policy of innocent until proven guilty, but it seems to be now guilty until proven innocent when accused of a race crime. Surely numerous other waiting in the queue must of heard this remark if it was said. Why have they not phoned in during the radio shows also. Very odd there seems to be no witnessess yet come forward.

greengoose2

Ireland used to have a policy of innocent until proven guilty, but it seems to be now guilty until proven innocent when accused of a race crime. Surely numerous other waiting in the queue must of heard this remark if it was said. Why have they not phoned in during the radio shows also. Very odd there seems to be no witnessess yet come forward.
Try ringing into the show. Come back later and tell us how you got on.

JHB78

Try ringing into the show. Come back later and tell us how you got on.
I'm not a witness, so why would I ring in. I'm sure if a witness emailed or phoned some of these radio shows to say they were witnessess to this, they would be put through or phoned back fairly quickly.

Prester Jim

That suggests that the student had made it up. I wonder about the reasons that would had brought him to invent it. Was the student already drunk?
I wasn't suggesting anything beyond the story seeming very unlikely to me and I wouldn't like to say that the thread was possibly defamatory towards the club workers and then say something defamatory towards the person making the accusations in the same thread.

Rural

There's that and the fact that it seems to be the one and only complaint like this for that premises, surely if they did this once they did it before and it would have been reported. The S. African lady on Liveline seemed like a very nice person, but I believe that there was some sort of misunderstanding.

Liveline just left it there, the next day they were interviewing people who had experienced racism from the usual ignorant gobshytes, the type one gets everywhere. Liveline put this out there last Tuesday, we got one story then nothing, now it's being reported everywhere and that is unfortunate.

T

Thomas_..

I wasn't suggesting anything beyond the story seeming very unlikely to me and I wouldn't like to say that the thread was possibly defamatory towards the club workers and then say something defamatory towards the person making the accusations in the same thread.
May it be as it is.

Betson

So according to PBH on RTE it turns out that one of the directors of the company which owns the pub in Question is black himself , very strange to implement a policy that would essentially bar one of the owners from entering the pub.

Rural

Oh Rural :roll:
If you carry toilet rolls you get a second look. Possibly a dirty look. If you carry kitchen rolls you don't. I am not a racist. Just saying. All I care about is whether you are good or evil. There is real evil out there and people who practise it.
You fret too much.

I never look to see who's looking, I'm not bovvered!

Watcher2

I'm not a witness, so why would I ring in. I'm sure if a witness emailed or phoned some of these radio shows to say they were witnessess to this, they would be put through or phoned back fairly quickly.
You could make an appeal for witnesses to come forward.

RodShaft

amsterdemmetje

I doubt that not. Some of them might have become even more shameless in recent times, watching the tide shifting towards more acceptance of far-right ideas and slogans and more right-wing organisations emerging.
I know many Security staff, many are my friends and colleagues, many are from countries all over the world .If they have racist far right tendencies they certainly don't express it around me and certainly never when they work for me .

amsterdemmetje

Incredibly lazy contribution.....if you were to bother reading the journal story, there were three students, at least one who is being quoted most frequently is a girl and where is there any supporting evidence for opining that any of these students were drunk.....?
Can make no judgement call on the veracity of the allegations.....all scenarios are possible. The students could have been refused and because they SUSPECT the guy's motivation decide to accuse him of saying those words....
Was the bouncer an arrogant thick who likes playing God because he has a barrel chest and a bomber jacket and thought he'd get away with it.....I've met the type often, and personally made me shy away from frequenting these type of places with their fake exclusivity appeal....Studio 54 my hole.....
Nobody wears a bomber jacket anymore T, the lads like nothing more but to show off the hardware even when its fecken frezzen:cool:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies