"No Blacks Allowed" in Temple Bar Pub !!!???

Brenny

I wonder if the students in question have any comment regarding this

Xenophobia: Nigerians ask FG to force South Africa to compensate victims – Daily Post Nigeria

NAN recalls that Some South Africans accused immigrants of taking jobs and opportunities away from them which resulted in attacks that saw some foreigner in South Africa killed and property destroyed.

The violence followed reported comments by Zulu King Goodwill Zwelithini, an influential figure among the Zulu ethnic group, that foreigners should pack their bags and leave.

While acknowledging that the South African government had done a lot of work to curb the xenophobia, Anyene said that, “more still needed to be done”.

The President maintained that xenophobia still remained a huge challenge in South Africa and a major concern to Africans.

According to him, there seems to be institutionalised xenophobia in South Africa where Nigerian professionals and students are discriminated against and victimised simply because they are non indegenes.

He expressed sadness that Nigerians in South Africa have for some time now been unduly harassed or killed.

TiredOfBeingTired

If Trump becomes President
and there won't be no toilet paper either!
Credible!
There is a history for American politicians and Toilet Paper Panics.

Note: The Irish equivalent of Johnny Carson would probably be Gay Byrne.
Like most scares, the toilet paper fiasco all started with an unsubstantiated rumor. In November of 1973, several news agencies reported a tissue shortage in Japan. Initially, the release went unnoticed and nobody seemed to put much stock in it -- save for one Harold V. Froelich. Froelich, a 41-year-old Republican congressman, presided over a heavily-forested district in Wisconsin and had recently been receiving complaints from constituents about a reduced stream of pulp paper. On November 16th, he released his own press statement -- “The Government Printing Office is facing a serious shortage of paper” -- to little fanfare.

However, a few weeks later, Froelich uncovered a document that indicated the government’s National Buying Center had fallen far short of securing bids to provide toilet paper for its troops and bureaucrats. On December 11, he issued another, more serious press release:
“The U.S. may face a serious shortage of toilet paper within a few months...we hope we don’t have to ration toilet tissue...a toilet paper shortage is no laughing matter. It is a problem that will potentially touch every American.”

In the climate of shortages, oil scares, and economic duress, Froelich’s claim was absorbed without an iota of doubt, and the media ran wild with it. Wire services, radio hosts, and international correspondents all sensationalized the story; words like “may” and “potentially” were lost in translation, and the shortage was reported as a doomed truth.

The ground had been set for a consumer panic; all it needed was a spark to ignite it. When Johnny Carson cracked a joke about toilet paper on his television talk show, things got serious. “You know, we’ve got all sorts of shortages these days,” he told 20 million viewers. “But have you heard the latest? I’m not kidding. I saw it in the papers. There’s a shortage of toilet paper!”

Absolute madness ensued. Millions of Americans swarmed grocery outlets and hoarded all the toilet paper they could get their hands on. “I heard it on the news, so I brought 15 extra rolls,” one customer told The New York Times. “For my baby shower,” said another, “I told my party guests to bring toilet paper.” In the chaos, company officers and industry leaders told the public to remain calm; store owners ordered astronomical quantities of toilet paper, and set limits of two rolls per customer. Nobody seemed to play by the rules.

“If people wouldn’t hoard and get so excited about this, everything would be okay,” a supermarket executive told the St. Petersburg Times. He subsequently increased his toilet paper from 39 cents to 69 per roll, but customers still cleared his shelves each day.

For four long months, toilet paper was a rare commodity. It was bartered and traded, and a black market even emerged before the whole ordeal subsided in February of 1974. Slowly but surely, the American public realized that there had never been a shortage to begin with: rather, it had been artificially created by a pop culture frenzy.

In the aftermath, Johnny Carson received the brunt of the blame for propagating the shortage myth and issued a rather serious apology on his comedy talk show. “I dont want to be remembered as the man who created a false toilet paper scare,” he told viewers, directly facing the camera. “I just picked up the item from the paper and enlarged it somewhat...there is no shortage.”

Last edited:

The Field Marshal

Trumps rhetoric echoes that of Hitler.
Not in the slightest.

Except with Trump its Muslims.
The terrorists with whom America is at war with already murdered 3000 people in New York.
They were all Moslems who perpetrated that deed.

99% of anti American terrorists are moslems.
Thats just a fact.

Trumps view is to temporarily tightly restrict and control immigration of Moslems to the USA which is a perfectly rational response in view of the current situation.

Hitlers attitudes to the Jews was entirely different.

Instead of Poland its Mexico.
Hitler wanted occupied German land controlled by Poland returned.

There is no stolen US land in Mexico.

Your comparison is absurd.
:roll:

Canada will provide the "lebensraum" as Russia was to do?
Your absurdity levels have now reached hysterical heights.

Even Trumps slogan "Lets make Deutschland great again" Is exactly what Hitler said.
:roll::roll::roll:

drjimryan2

had a pint there about 14 years ago......skanks were very welcome at that time, is that still the case?

Brenny

Not in the slightest.

The terrorists with whom America is at war with already murdered 3000 people in New York.
They were all Moslems who perpetrated that deed.

99% of anti American terrorists are moslems.
Thats just a fact.

Trumps view is to temporarily tightly restrict and control immigration of Moslems to the USA which is a perfectly rational response in view of the current situation.

Hitlers attitudes to the Jews was entirely different.

Hitler wanted occupied German land controlled by Poland returned.

There is no stolen US land in Mexico.

Your comparison is absurd.

Your absurdity levels have now reached hysterical heights.

:roll::roll::roll:
I think he's just winding you up FM. Comical use of exaggeration and hyperbole; comedians often use the 'unreliable narrator' trick to create a farcical situation. Check out Rubberbandits or Waterford Whispers.

Polly Ticks

Fox News.
I consider you an intelligent American FM. Having read your contributions here for some time. But there are upwards of 400 million Americans in America and perhaps only 50 million of them would be comparable to we Irish in intelligence. To quote someone the rest are "shepple".
Wait. The FM is American?

Well, fook me, FM.. that makes you one of the best trolls in the world.

Respeck.

:D

EUrJokingMeRight

I blame the feminists with their 'women only' aka 'No Men' allowed groups.

Giving people ideas that they can just tell anybody to feck off!

stopdoingstuff

So according to PBH on RTE it turns out that one of the directors of the company which owns the pub in Question is black himself , very strange to implement a policy that would essentially bar one of the owners from entering the pub.
Maybe he is more house than field?

stopdoingstuff

I blame the feminists with their 'women only' aka 'No Men' allowed groups.

Giving people ideas that they can just tell anybody to feck off!

Women who want special women's only spaces should sit on my ****. That's for women only.

Dadaist

Im doing the Job up to 15 years as ive said on the other threads IMHO there wasn't a hope in hell that a Bouncer of 13 years experience said such a thing out loud.
My friend's brother (17 at the time) had a glass crushed into his face by an experienced bouncer at 4 Dame Land, Dublin.

I would be extremely hesitant to definitely rule out anything concerning human nature in this World.

greengoose2

My friend's brother (17 at the time) had a glass crushed into his face by an experienced bouncer at 4 Dame Land, Dublin.

I would be extremely hesitant to definitely rule out anything concerning human nature in this World.
No kidding? That's a rather serious ALLEGATION to be making on an anonymous web forum. I hope you don't expect anyone sensible to actuallybelieve you and furthermore, do not be too offended if you are being laughed at!

Dadaist

Oh Rural :roll:
If you carry toilet rolls you get a second look. Possibly a dirty look. If you carry kitchen rolls you don't. I am not a racist. Just saying. All I care about is whether you are good or evil. There is real evil out there and people who practise it.
The real evil is the use of kitchen roll to do the job of toilet tissue, and vice versa. Nasty results in both circumstances.

jmayo

Orange is the new black!

[IMG]https://cbskearth101.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/109903641_8.jpg?w=355
He be tangoed.

Can the French ban the English on the basis of nationality?

Euro 2016: Two England fans arrested after Marseille clash - BBC News

(Start as you mean to go on? :cool: )
No I find they usually just treat them like shyte.
In fact I have often found they treat anyone that speaks English like shyte.
And what is worse this is in villages where English speaking people laid down their lives to free their ancestors.
Ungrateful fookers.

Polar bears. When people think of Polar bears they think of white bears. This is incorrect. If you caught a Polar bear and managed to get it to sit still long enough so that you could shave it. You would discover its skin is black.
So the opposite of a choc ice ?

Dadaist

No kidding? That's a rather serious ALLEGATION to be making on an anonymous web forum. I hope you don't expect anyone sensible to actuallybelieve you and furthermore, do not be too offended if you are being laughed at!
I haven't made an allegation of anything. The owner of the establishment accepted liability for that particular attack. It was more a comment on the illogical notion of generalising about whole groups of people and excluding the possibility of just one of them going postal.

There is an obvious lack of detail given for this incident. It will either go to court and we won't hear any of the details until it is before the courts. It will be settled prior to legal action and we may not hear of it again. Or the allegation is not true and we will not hear of it again. The likelihood, or not, of whether the discrimination too place is not relevant to any of these outcomes. It either took place or it did not. IMO this is no reason why the incident should not be discussed.

Last edited:

amsterdemmetje

Oh ive met nasty "experienced" Bouncers to, i suppose i should really add "professional".
BTW that's just shocking what happened to that young fella i hope the establishment was taken to the cleaners.

greengoose2

I haven't made an allegation of anything. The owner of the establishment accepted liability for that particular attack. It was more a comment on the illogical notion of generalising about whole groups of people and excluding the possibility of just one of them going postal.

There is an obvious lack of detail given for this incident. It will either go to court and we won't hear any of the details until it is before the courts. It will be settled prior to legal action and we may not hear of it again. Or the allegation is not true and we will not hear of it again. The likelihood, or not, of whether the discrimination too place is not relevant to any of these outcomes. It either took place or it did not. IMO this is no reason why the incident should not be discussed.
You haven't produced any detail to your anecdote. Did the owner pay up? What were the consequences. In the meantime I reserve my opinion that you are spoofing, as one does on anonymous internet fora...

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies