No Climate Emergency say 500 Scientists to UN

RasherHash

For example, Arron Banks, who poured ££millions into the Brexit campaign, and funds Nigel Farage, is a loud climate change denier.

Most of the billionaires behind Brexit stand to make a lot of money from fossil fuels. Climate change denial, like Brexit, is a neo-liberal project to make sure the wealthy stay that way, and the poor just take what they get.
Nonsense, I've no doubt Banks will have spread his investments to include renewables as any canny billionaire would.

He will make money no matter the outcome.

RasherHash

Sea levels have risen by 23cm since 1880 and by 8cm in the last 25 years - sea levels are currently rising by 3.2mm per year.

The Sahara desert has expanded by 10% since 1920.

While these changes are not solely down to human induced climate change - it is a major factor.
Sea levels have been rising steadily since the end of the ice age, nothing to do with agw.

NOAA has been fiddling the graphs to show increased rising.

The politicians and their msm puppets have decided this is a good way to control their populations and increase taxation.

Pat Rabbitt admitted they lie all the time; a fg td said they want to 'frighten the shyte outta' the people.

RasherHash

Like I said - ball - haystack - dull thud - and then nothing
It's true isn't it, the politicians and their msm puppets all support this climate scam as a good revenue earner and as ordered by the UN and EU?

That's what you're supporting mw, face facts.

greencharade

If Science is not a Democracy, why should anyone bother with your letter from 500 non-entities?

Science absolutely depends on the evidence, so please show where the validated scientific evidence exists for your assertions. Papers, reports, conferences, validation, corroboration, .... ???

And I do not mean 6-line posts with name-calling and conspiracy theories.
The basic tenet of the climate cult that CO2 stores energy and re-radiates it downwards to the earth can be debunked by a leaving cert student doing desktop research of existing and proven scientific knowledge. No need for papers or conferences or whatever else you are having.

Which raises the question as to what exactly the level of knowledge of these so-called climate experts is.

RasherHash

Have you got a TV, owedtolies...
Have you got a TV?
Have you got a TV?
Have you got a TV...

making waves

It's true isn't it, the politicians and their msm puppets all support this climate scam as a good revenue earner and as ordered by the UN and EU?
You mean politicians like Trump and his acolytes - and MSM like Fox News?

That's what you're supporting mw, face facts.
I consider the science - not the bullsh*t from people being duped by big business interests.

owedtojoy

Liberal do-gooder against a right wing hack - great debate :rolleyes:
Climate deniers think climate change can be stopped by a show of hands, or a few sound-bites!

AyaanMyHero

Have you got a TV, owedtolies...
Have you got a TV?
Have you got a TV?
Have you got a TV...

Sighs deeply.

I thank my lucky stars that I don't encounter this type of stupidity in my normal day to day life.

This XR movement is no more acceptable than Antifa as far as I can see.

Roll on with it. Iit will back fire

Turbinator

"
SUMMARY
This letter presenting a short list of claims about climate change boasts a list of “500 scientists and professionals” who have co-signed it.

The claims contradict or misrepresent the evidence uncovered by geoscientists, failing to provide support for its conclusions downplaying the threat of climate change. The letter claims, for example, that climate models ignore the benefits of increased CO2 on plant growth. This is false, as many climate models simulate the response of vegetation to increased CO2—and the climate change it causes.

And while some outlets described the co-signers as experts in climate science, most are not. As noted in an analysis below, a significant portion of the co-signers are either engineers or professionals in non-technical fields. Only 10 identified themselves as climate scientists.

Similar letters have sought to establish credibility with large numbers of co-signers in the past, but evidence is what counts in science."
They fact that the alarmist predictions on the Sahel have been the polar opposite to what has occured there since the 80's in terms of rainfall says it all

Turbinator

Sea levels have risen by 23cm since 1880 and by 8cm in the last 25 years - sea levels are currently rising by 3.2mm per year.

The Sahara desert has expanded by 10% since 1920.

While these changes are not solely down to human induced climate change - it is a major factor.

The Sahara desert and many other deserts expanded in the last few hundred years due to over grazing by livestock and deforestation - nothing to do with climate alarmism, indeed the Sahel has got greener in the last few decades as rainfall levels have increase signficantly since the droughts of the 80's

owedtojoy

How a motley crew of right-wing politicos, a handful of maverick scientists, crackpot bloggers, and incredibly wealthy corporations led by extremely wealthy people saved the world for more Carbon Dioxide dumping ...

That is the narrative of climate chance denial ....

A key part of their scam is "think-tanks" subsidised by fossil fuel corporations to misinform the public and politicians.

The UK’s most influential conservative thinktank has published at least four books, as well as multiple articles and papers, over two decades suggesting manmade climate change may be uncertain or exaggerated.

The Institute of Economic Affairs (IEA) has issued publications arguing climate change is either not significantly driven by human activity or will be positive. The group .... boasts that 14 members of Boris Johnson’s cabinet, including the home secretary, foreign secretary and chancellor, have been associated with the group’s past and current initiatives.

truthisfree

Why on earth do you believe This diatribe, big oil does not give a flying sh*t about climate change activists, why would it, has not made the slightest dent on oil sales...people love their cars, their heating and their products produced using oil, they don't care...why should they?

The reality is that oil sales are growing and will continue to do so for some time, alternative energies which I am a big fan of with the exception of wind and wave...are really great for the future.

You are stuck in a groove that history has passed by.

owedtojoy

Why on earth do you believe This diatribe, big oil does not give a flying sh*t about climate change activists, why would it, has not made the slightest dent on oil sales...people love their cars, their heating and their products produced using oil, they don't care...why should they?

The reality is that oil sales are growing and will continue to do so for some time, alternative energies which I am a big fan of with the exception of wind and wave...are really great for the future.

You are stuck in a groove that history has passed by.
I believe it because the evidence says it is true. Why do you believe stuff - because it gives you a false sense of security?

No elite ever gave up its power or wealth without a struggle. And fossil fuel Corporations and countries rich in fossil fuel are no exceptions to that.

If fossil fuel companies did not care about climate activists, then they do they spend $millions for the invention of fake "refutations" of the evidence? They obviously cared more for shareholder value and their own profits that the good of the people of planet Earth.

Best book about this is Naomi Oreskes' Merchants of Doubt. But there is plenty of verifiable available on the Internet.

And, incidentally, those same fossil fuel companies knew about the dangers of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere from their own scientists before others found out. Yet they hid the evidence.

AyaanMyHero

I believe it because the evidence says it is true. Why do you believe stuff - because it gives you a false sense of security?

No elite ever gave up its power or wealth without a struggle. And fossil fuel Corporations and countries rich in fossil fuel are no exceptions to that.

If fossil fuel companies did not care about climate activists, then they do they spend $millions for the invention of fake "refutations" of the evidence? They obviously cared more for shareholder value and their own profits that the good of the people of planet Earth.

Best book about this is Naomi Oreskes' Merchants of Doubt. But there is plenty of verifiable available on the Internet.

And, incidentally, those same fossil fuel companies knew about the dangers of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere from their own scientists before others found out. Yet they hid the evidence.

But it remains to be seen that CO2 is a danger so... ,

I know no idealogiue like yourself will admit any doubt but there is still doubt. You could end up right but the fact that you are so certain is a problem.

Do you realise that you are the only nutter pretending to be 100% certain about AGW on this thread ?

Unlike you most of us care more about the truth than how nasty oil companies can be.

RasherHash

You mean politicians like Trump and his acolytes - and MSM like Fox News?
There's no Trump in Ireland and there's a monopolised msm. Why are you avoiding answering a simple question?

I consider the science - not the bullsh*t from people being duped by big business interests.
You'll know then that co2 does not correlate with temperature over the earth history, that high levels of co2 have not led to a runaway greenhouse effect and that co2 is 1,000ppm in greenhouses, pumped in to increase growth?

RasherHash

Liberal do-gooder against a right wing hack - great debate :rolleyes:
We can call out hypocrisy when we see it right?

The climate nutters want to end fossil fuel use for everyone else not themselves, surely you can see that?

truthisfree

The whole movenment reached an anti climax with Greta Thurnberg and now with the ridiculous demonstrations going on with extinction rebellion they have lost the public sympathy...boo hooo hooo...they deserve this 100%

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies