No Country for Old Men or Women? - pop explosion needed to care for future flood of Geriatrics

Catalpast

No Country for Old Men or Women - pop explosion needed to care for future flood of Geriatrics

Population could hit 6.69 million by 2051 - CSO

The Central Statistics Office has said the country's population is projected to reach 6.69 million by 2051, if the country sees high inward migration and high fertility rates.
The CSO said that even with low inward migration and declining fertility, the population is still expected to reach 5.58 million by 2051.

According to the CSO, there will be between 1.5 and 1.6 million people aged 65 years and over by 2051, compared with 629,800 in 2016.
While around 13.3% of the population was aged 65 years and older in 2016, this will rise to between 23.9% and 27.4% in 2051.

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2018/0620/971871-cso-population-figures/

Looks like the population of the State is likely to explode in the next 30 years or so - roughly one generation in demographic terms.

However the fertility rate of the Irish is dropping like a stone - down some 50 % in one generation

- so this demographic expansion will not be driven very much by our own seed...

If we do indeed see a population explosion it is going to be driven by waves of immigration from around the Globe

- for the numbers over 65 or indeed 80 is going to Mushroom and will tie up huge amounts of the State's resources

As we have now decided to cull our own offspring by 300,000 + in the next generation then we will need an ever expanding number of Immigrants to fill the gap

The demographic trajectory we are on can have only one outcome

- the Termination of National Identity on this Island

Is that truly what we want?

I don't anyway

Telstar 62

Our resident abortion hustlers will have some Euthanasia
approaches that might help......

Catalpast

Our resident abortion hustlers will have some Euthanasia
approaches that might help......
I can see that happening

- the pressure to eliminate those too old and mute to object will be tremendous

1st dehumanize - then Eliminate

We have just seen a Classic Example....:|

GDPR

You will be grateful for anyone who wipes your arse when you are too old to do it for yourself.

Catalpast

You will be grateful for anyone who wipes your arse when you are too old to do it for yourself.
And what about the Filipino nurse swiping uranus

- when she gets too old to be able to grab the Jacx roll

- who is coming up behind her.....?

CookieMonster

No Country for Old Men or Women - pop explosion needed to care for future flood of Geriatrics

The Central Statistics Office has said the country's population is projected to reach 6.69 million by 2051, if the country sees high inward migration and high fertility rates.
The CSO said that even with low inward migration and declining fertility, the population is still expected to reach 5.58 million by 2051.

According to the CSO, there will be between 1.5 and 1.6 million people aged 65 years and over by 2051, compared with 629,800 in 2016.
While around 13.3% of the population was aged 65 years and older in 2016, this will rise to between 23.9% and 27.4% in 2051.

Looks like the population of the State is likely to explode in the next 30 years or so - roughly one generation in demographic terms.

However the fertility rate of the Irish is dropping like a stone - down some 50 % in one generation

If we do indeed see a population explosion it is going to be driven by waves of immigration from around the Globe

- for the numbers over 65 or indeed 80 is going to Mushroom and will tie up huge amounts of the State's resources

As we have now decided to cull our own offspring by 300,000 + in the next generation then we will need an ever expanding number of Immigrants to fill the gap

I don't anyway
CSO data?

Wouldn't trust it as far as I could spit it, Catalpa. Sure you know yourself.

Solzhenitsyn

I don't anyway
Very interesting post and we are on the same page.

But consider the degree to which the Irish have become infected with such radical left wing ideology and you have to wonder if we'd be better served by additional immigrants who, ironically, hold very different views to our native snowflakes.

I have lived in the UK for many years and often found myself in agreement with the Muslims rather than snowflakes on many issues.

sadmal

If I ever get to that stage I'll go walkabout on Howth Head in the middle of a winter's night and hope I don't wake up in the morning.

Or take a very large overdose if I have them.

GDPR

Just after Obama was elected, an Opus connected acquaintance of an aunt of mine complained to me about similar stuff, asserting literally that "by 2016 we'll all be black".

This OP is not quite in that league, but it's showing signs of playing well enough to get up there, given time.
My dear grandmother had a theory she formed at the time of the moon landings that we are on our way to being one race, all coffee-coloured and floating round in space.

But she was FOR it.

Catalpast

Catalpast

Just after Obama was elected, an Opus connected acquaintance of an aunt of mine complained to me about similar stuff, asserting literally that "by 2016 we'll all be black".

This OP is not quite in that league, but it's showing signs of playing well enough to get up there, given time.

Ur Aunt was a bit premature but heading in the right direction:

New census population projections confirm the importance of racial minorities as the primary demographic engine of the nation’s future growth, countering an aging, slow-growing and soon to be declining white population. The new statistics project that the nation will become “minority white” in 2045.
https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-avenue/2018/03/14/the-us-will-become-minority-white-in-2045-census-projects/

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
Ur Aunt was a bit premature but heading in the right direction:

New census population projections confirm the importance of racial minorities as the primary demographic engine of the nation’s future growth, countering an aging, slow-growing and soon to be declining white population. The new statistics project that the nation will become “minority white” in 2045.
https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-avenue/2018/03/14/the-us-will-become-minority-white-in-2045-census-projects/
And this is something to lament?

Disillusioned democrat

And this is something to lament?
Logically, yes - racial "minorities" are coming from mainly poorly developed nations where they are "majorities"...so basically they seem crap at managing nations, economies, creating wealth, supporting democratic processes, developing medicines, etc...all those features western nations have become relatively wealthy from.

Roll the clock forward 100 years and the western nations will be run by large minorities from a host of still (probably) dysfunctional counties....yippee!!!!

gatsbygirl20

If I ever get to that stage I'll go walkabout on Howth Head in the middle of a winter's night and hope I don't wake up in the morning.

No you won't - - - or it is unlikely that you will feel the same when you are elderly and incapacitated.

With rare exceptions, people cling to life, even the very elderly or infirm

The whole "I hope I die before I get old" is a perspective of youth. When we are young we tend to see the elderly as almost another species. Why would they want to be alive at all?

Being old will not seem that strange once you are old. At least that is my experience from dealing with the elderly and infirm, and from my own experience of ageing

D

Deleted member 17573

I'm with you on that. Life without quality is futile, and we tend to overvalue life itself regardless of the quality of that life.

New Threads

Most Replies