No Deal unless the Irish border backstop is scrapped

Mickeymac

Yep, the Irish medai truly is an absolute fuking disgrace .. even seeing the DUP unclothed they STILL pander to them .. there should be more made of this .. its disgusting

The Irish media, some of whom are anti-Republican could be thinking a few years down the road when onionism ceases to exist and they may need past unionists to prop them up in a coalition government.;)

EnglishObserver

The rest of the UK would dump you guys in the morning if they could.

Don't kid yourself.

What the rest of us are enjoying is watching the DUP's time in the spotlights. The English are looking in in horror so it's all good.
For those desperate to 'dump' NI they've certainly hung around a long time. By the way, I'm one of the hoped for 'dumpers' living in England.

You're quite keen to stereotype English attitudes - we're a diverse bunch you know.

Mickeymac

For those desperate to 'dump' NI they've certainly hung around a long time. By the way, I'm one of the hoped for 'dumpers' living in England.

You're quite keen to stereotype English attitudes - we're a diverse bunch you know.

You can be quite hilarious at times mange......

tenor.gif

Paddyc

The English are stuck with NI for the time being, they know that and we know that, but it's only for the time being. We'll let the GFA do its job in the meantime and let demographics and the DUP take care of the rest.

Could you show me where I've stereotyped English attitudes, as a matter of interest?

runwiththewind

I said Irish isn't a race. I did not say that people of different races could not be Irish.

Simple facts really.
You asked if Leo and Michael D are the same race implying Leo couldn't be Irish.

McSlaggart

The UK is an infinitely more successful country on every level imaginable.
From the 1800 Ireland was a part of the "Home nations". When it left the "Home nations" it was not given its due share of the accrued wealth.

EnglishObserver

The English are stuck with NI for the time being, they know that and we know that, but it's only for the time being. We'll let the GFA do its job in the meantime and let demographics and the DUP take care of the rest.

Could you show me where I've stereotyped English attitudes, as a matter of interest?
The problem is Paddy that 'The English' (I presume you mean The UK or at least 'The British') have seemed rather happy to be stuck with NI for almost a hundred years now. I would suggest that nothing in The Belfast Agreement will change that - certainly not a border poll. But i's good to dream I suppose - tommorrow, tommorrow as the song goes...

Paddyc

The problem is Paddy that 'The English' (I presume you mean The UK or at least 'The British') have seemed rather happy to be stuck with NI for almost a hundred years now. I would suggest that nothing in The Belfast Agreement will change that - certainly not a border poll. But i's good to dream I suppose - tommorrow, tommorrow as the song goes...
That’s what I thought.

No examples of any stereotyping.

Thanks for playing.

Mickeymac

From the 1800 Ireland was a part of the "Home nations". When it left the "Home nations" it was not given its due share of the accrued wealth.

I am totally against Ireland accepting any accrued theft accumulated by the Butchers apron.

death or glory

That's called having your cake and eating it.
You can't leave the club and take the club belongings with you.

McSlaggart

That's called having your cake and eating it.
You can't leave the club and take the club belongings with you.
Its more a divorce situation. But keeping to the idea of a club splitting and both parts existing afterwards then the assets are split.

death or glory

Its more a divorce situation. But keeping to the idea of a club splitting and both parts existing afterwards then the assets are split.
Well the deal was done 100 years ago, not much chance of renegotiating it now.

raetsel

Only FF can bring this situation to it's natural conclusion of a United Ireland.

Don't trust the blueshirts!!!!!! :mad:
I was never an admirer of either FF or FG. Both parties seem to have spent most of their history paying lip service to the cause of a united Ireland without ever doing anything much to advance it. FF's lip service was more strident of course, and FG toned theirs down in order not to scare their own varied conservative coalition of views too much. Ideologically I should be a bit closer to FF that FG. However FF have no clothes left, and no apparent talent. I'm politically centre left by instinct, but sufficiently flexible when I see good, intelligent leadership. Varadkar and Coveney have that in spades.

death or glory

Mickeymac

I was never an admirer of either FF or FG. Both parties seem to have spent most of their history paying lip service to the cause of a united Ireland without ever doing anything much to advance it. FF's lip service was more strident of course, and FG toned theirs down in order not to scare their own varied conservative coalition of views too much. Ideologically I should be a bit closer to FF that FG. However FF have no clothes left, and no apparent talent. I'm politically centre left by instinct, but sufficiently flexible when I see good, intelligent leadership. Varadkar and Coveney have that in spades.

Leaving party loyalties aside for one second, you certainly highlight the absence of normal politics this past century in the false statelet and it's consequences.

McSlaggart

Sorry I must have forgot youse just love whining then.

?????????????

Dumcree, Twaddel it is unionists who have been dong a lot of whinning of the last years. Hell Unionists leadership will not even come out and stop crazy bonfires.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies