• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

No Fireworks around?

MacCoise2

this hasn't felt like real halloween to me this year and I think I have copped why.

No fireworks! Usually for the last couple of weeks the sky over Dublin would be lit up building up to Halloween night !

Whats the story? a crackdown? killjoys?

seanmacc

We used them all up on Tag der Deutschen Einheit (German Unity Day)

Angler

I've noticed that too , I'd guess money is a significant factor ,as decorations are sparse as well .

commonman

this hasn't felt like real halloween to me this year and I think I have copped why.

No fireworks! Usually for the last couple of weeks the sky over Dublin would be lit up building up to Halloween night !

Whats the story? a crackdown? killjoys?
No money about, hard times are here to stay, may be you could lit the Dail ,do us all a favour.

ruserious

Ye crazy jackeen bashtards, everyone knows the real bonfire night is in June.

The OD

Shame, few things funnier than the screams of some halfwit blowing off their fingers.

Northsideman

Jayus there was a time Rebels would tell you it's the first Sunday in Sept. but I guess times have changed and now the Cats have the cream!

Angler

Christmas is in the shops early instead
I wonder how many Retailers in Small Town Ireland are depending on that seasonal feast for their short term survival , Where I live , there's much speculation about our two biggest local shops .

Truth.ie

what happens in June?
I thought it was the 15th of August.
I assume the majority of people are bored of fireworks at this stage, and are saving their money for more important things like cider, Toblerone and Sky .

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies