• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

No fun in Gaza

Clanrickard

I came across this article in The Observer which made interesting reading in the light of the publicity the place has been getting and the the "aid" flotillas.

Gaza hardliners launch arson attack on family leisure park | World news | The Observer

Two things emerge.
1. The campaign to Islamise Gaza is in full swing and is going to be as ruthlessly enforced as other Sharia regimes. Even if this means closing down income generating businesses and making life miserable for the citizenry. Will the Gaza Aid Flotilla protest at the erosion of human rights especially women's rights?

2. Useful Idiot No. 1, Richard Boyd-Barrett stated that people in Gaza are "starving" and this impression is regularly given by leftists and Islamists so the public have a perception that the situation is akin to Darfur or Eastern Congo. One can deduce from this article that this is simply false.

Clanrickard

deiseguy

I came across this article in The Observer which made interesting reading in the light of the publicity the place has been getting and the the "aid" flotillas.

Gaza hardliners launch arson attack on family leisure park | World news | The Observer

Two things emerge.
1. The campaign to Islamise Gaza is in full swing and is going to be as ruthlessly enforced as other Sharia regimes. Even if this means closing down income generating businesses and making life miserable for the citizenry. Will the Gaza Aid Flotilla protest at the erosion of human rights especially women's rights?

2. Useful Idiot No. 1, Richard Boyd-Barrett stated that people in Gaza are "starving" and this impression is regularly given by leftists and Islamists so the public have a perception that the situation is akin to Darfur or Eastern Congo. One can deduce from this article that this is simply false.
You're shortly going to wish you were in Gaza either that or you had nothing to do for the evening and this is your way of improving your typing skills because you're gonna be busy. BOL:eek:

Clanrickard

You're shortly going to wish you were in Gaza either that or you had nothing to do for the evening and this is your way of improving your typing skills because you're gonna be busy. BOL:eek:
It is morning time. Do you have a different timezone in Waterford?

darkhorse

Two things emerge.

The real motivation for this is to stoke up resentment against Israel
Hamas want all of the people of Gaza to suffer and to blame Israel for it
And they sucessfully rope in European lefties into the plot

L'Chaim

The real motivation for this is to stoke up resentment against Israel
Hamas want all of the people of Gaza to suffer and to blame Israel for it
And they sucessfully rope in European lefties into the plot
That's very true. There's so much false and inaccurate information out there about the Middle East and a lot of the public is taken in by this inaccurate information. That's why people who know better need to challenge these lies and inaccurate perceptions of Israel, in order to try and change these perceptions and the inaccurate information that is constantly being drip fed.

Clanrickard

kenneth

Unfortunately this kind of thing has been going on in Gaza for about a year and maybe longer now. It really is a shame that the people of gaza voted for the islamists Hamas. They were voting for the secular fatah for years and it got them nowhere with regards ridding themselves of the occupation so in 06 they went for something more extreme. This kind of thing is one result of that.

Amazing how Clanrickard is quick to point out wrong doings in the strip when Islamic nutters are responsible for burning a leisure park yet supports zionist nutters when thy drop bombs on the place. A disgusting display of a hypocritical attitude borne out of a bigoted hatred of muslims.

Clanrickard

Amazing how Clanrickard is quick to point out wrong doings in the strip when Islamic nutters are responsible for burning a leisure park yet supports zionist nutters when thy drop bombs on the place. A disgusting display of a hypocritical attitude borne out of a bigoted hatred of muslims.
Ah the ol' bigotry card. Useful when you run out of road on the argument front. Kenny boy you might read my op again. Why are the people boarding so-called aid ships to Gaza, who flaunt their human rights credentials so openly, not condemning Hamas and their thugs in Gaza? Surely if they cared about the ordinary people they'd be outraged and demanding Hams stop the imposition of Sharia?

For the record Kenny I don't hate Muslims.

kenneth

Ah the ol' bigotry card. Useful when you run out of road on the argument front. Kenny boy you might read my op again. Why are the people boarding so-called aid ships to Gaza, who flaunt their human rights credentials so openly, not condemning Hamas and their thugs in Gaza? Surely if they cared about the ordinary people they'd be outraged and demanding Hams stop the imposition of Sharia?

For the record Kenny I don't hate Muslims.

If the Aid Flotilla crew don't openly condemn acts like the one in your op that that is a fault on their part and you would be quite entitled to highlight their bias if that is the case. And just for the record I think such acts are a disgrace and depress me greatly as want to see the people of gaza live free of both Israeli oppression and islamist rule.

I find it hard to believe you don't have a bigoted hatred of muslims on some level when you show support for the likes of Geert Wilders. A man who is in favour of suppressing muslims freedom of religion.

L'Chaim

If the Aid Flotilla crew don't openly condemn acts like the one in your op that that is a fault on their part and you would be quite entitled to highlight their bias if that is the case. And just for the record I think such acts are a disgrace and depress me greatly as want to see the people of gaza live free of both Israeli oppression and islamist rule.

Oh that's a big ask. The gazans could be free of Israeli sanctions if they agreed peace and it's elected representatives stopped attacking Israeli civilians. That's a no-brainer and the easiest to achieve. Being free of Islamic oppression is another matter entirely. You'd have to ask them if that's even what they want

Clanrickard

I find it hard to believe you don't have a bigoted hatred of muslims on some level when you show support for the likes of Geert Wilders. A man who is in favour of suppressing muslims freedom of religion.
I don't agree with Wilders on everything but on the whole I agree with him. hardly makes me a bigot.

L'Chaim

You’re the one who needs help, an apologist for child murderers.
Israeli shells kill 42 at U.N. school: Gaza medics | Reuters
Try and expand your reading. It has since emerged, with UN admission, that the UN school was not shelled. Here's a good start if you want to learn about the UN and its relationship with terrorism in Gaza

The Irish Times - Thu, Jan 15, 2009 - West turned blind eye to Hamas until Israel hit back

Gaza Bedfellows UNRWA And Hamas - Forbes.com

Arlene Kushner on UNRWA & Hamas on National Review Online

This one is a very interesting read
BESA Center for Strategic Studies

gijoe

Early this morning on the The Wide Angle Karen Coleman had an Israeli Defence analyst on. He was saying that there was another much larger flotilla than the one in May coming to attempt to breach the blockade on Gaza but that the Israeli government have made the decision that no matter what, no ship was going to get through. He seemed to imply that the Israeli Navy will be really stretched by the scale of this flotilla but that this time they will not be pussyfooting around with paintball guns and non lethal force - they are going to take on every vessel hard.

If you want to listen the podcast will be worth listening to. Also listen out to Karen Coleman trying to disguise what was an about 2 or 3 minute rant by her about the West Bank wall in the form of the question. Biased is not the word for her.

L'Chaim

Early this morning on the The Wide Angle Karen Coleman had an Israeli Defence analyst on. He was saying that there was another much larger flotilla than the one in May coming to attempt to breach the blockade on Gaza but that the Israeli government have made the decision that no matter what no ship was going to get through. He seemed to imply that the Israeli Navy will be really stretched by the scale of this flotilla and that this time they will not be pussyfooting around with paintball guns and non lethal force - they are going to take on every vessel hard.

If you want to listen the podcast will be worth listening to. Also listen out to Karen Coleman trying to disguise what was an about 2 or 3 minute rant by her about the West Bank wall in the form of the question. Biased is not the word for her.
Well I hope people realise that this aid flotilla can get the aid delivered if they sail to Egypt or Israel and have the ships' contents examined and passed through the border crossings. And if it attempts to break the blockade then confrontation and not delivering aid is its objective

Clanrickard

Well I hope people realise that this aid flotilla can get the aid delivered if they sail to Egypt or Israel and have the ships' contents examined and passed through the border crossings. And if it attempts to break the blockade then confrontation and not delivering aid is its objective
They are not interested in the aid. They are grandstanding.