• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

No jobs out there?

Marcos the black

World class company can

Came across this in the kk people today. A good diversity of jobs too, not just manual, low value jobs:

" The current employment opportunities in Kilkenny are in: Telesales (English, Polish, German speaking); telesales (evening shifts); financial accountant, group accountant; human resources professional, commercial sales manager and communications executive. Last year TaxBack created a total of 45 new jobs within Ireland."

Surely they must be flooded with applications, giving the recession and unemployment level... But:

"......are looking for staff in a number of areas yet the positions remain unfilled. “We are talking about good quality jobs here,” head of HR with the group, Paul Deegan said."

"At present they are employment opportunities for 13 people and by the year’s end, they hope to have a total of 40 jobs offered and filled. He has noticed that people who are unemployed have lost their confidence"

I don't know the unemployment figure in KK, but to have these jobs remaining unfilled certainly poses questions as to why these jobs cannot be filled locally. English speaking jobs too, so one would thinking that there would not be that much training involved?

thegregster

How long would it take to retrain people on the dole to fill these positions? Unemployment is low in those professions.

Half the tradesman on the dole dont even have Leaving Cert. They make up and huge number on the dole. They arent working again unless we follow the PSF plan to build houses we dont need.

They should be forced to retrain or their dole taken away.

Marcos the black

How long would it take to retrain people on the dole to fill these positions? Unemployment is low in those professions.

Half the tradesman on the dole dont even have Leaving Cert. They make up and huge number on the dole. They arent working again unless we follow the PSF plan to build houses we dont need.

They should be forced to retrain or their dole taken away.
Retrain for English telesales reps? Surely all you need is a script, product/service knowledge and a customer friendly approach?

thegregster

Retrain for English telesales reps? Surely all you need is a script, product/service knowledge and a customer friendly approach?
Fair enough-I though you might need a foreign language as well. But those jobs are notoriously poorly paid and very boring(I accept beggars cant be choosers.)

Mrwoody

Advertising for jobs like that is just cherry picking to see whos out there and it looks like the company is doing well constantly looking foe people gets people talking, its cheap PR.

Radix

That guy should register a brand new company, offer the 40 jobs again, and get Enda to come down and cut the ribbon.

And we can all celebrate his magnificence.

Again!

asset test

The important line in the link is

"unemployed have lost their confidence"

Big issue for many, I'd guess, and if I were unemployed for a while, I have no doubt i would feel the same way too.

I don't know what the solution is.

Just think it is not all about no one wanting the jobs, some might feel they can't do those jobs anymore.

Let's have a heart, and try to walk in someone else's shoes.

D

Deleted member 17573

World class company can

Came across this in the kk people today. A good diversity of jobs too, not just manual, low value jobs:

" The current employment opportunities in Kilkenny are in: Telesales (English, Polish, German speaking); telesales (evening shifts); financial accountant, group accountant; human resources professional, commercial sales manager and communications executive. Last year TaxBack created a total of 45 new jobs within Ireland."

Surely they must be flooded with applications, giving the recession and unemployment level... But:

"......are looking for staff in a number of areas yet the positions remain unfilled. “We are talking about good quality jobs here,” head of HR with the group, Paul Deegan said."

"At present they are employment opportunities for 13 people and by the year’s end, they hope to have a total of 40 jobs offered and filled. He has noticed that people who are unemployed have lost their confidence"

I don't know the unemployment figure in KK, but to have these jobs remaining unfilled certainly poses questions as to why these jobs cannot be filled locally. English speaking jobs too, so one would thinking that there would not be that much training involved?
Sounds like a bit of mick o'leary style free publicity to me. Seems unlikely that there aren't 13 suitably qualified people who haven't lost their confidence in Kilkenny. What are the pay rates, I wonder?

The OD

Would need more information but something doesn't smell right? I'd like to see the pay, terms and conditions on offer - some people seem to believe any job is a good job but I know many firms are taking advantage of peoples desperation, not saying it is the case in these two cases but it does make one wonder.

As I was told by a friend who works in HR, telling someone they are 'overqualified' is a way of saying you would have far too much intelligence, education and self respect to put up with the awful role on offer.

I work for myself now and it was the best decision I have ever made.

Kitty O'Shea

The important line in the link is

"unemployed have lost their confidence"

Big issue for many, I'd guess, and if I were unemployed for a while, I have no doubt i would feel the same way too.

I don't know what the solution is.

Just think it is not all about no one wanting the jobs, some might feel they can't do those jobs anymore.

Let's have a heart, and try to walk in someone else's shoes.
thank you, finally a little bit of understanding.
the worst part of being on the dole is that everyone else is superior and far higher up the ladder, whereas once you become unemployed (regardless of job beforehand) suddenly your status is that of the lowest rungs of the ladder. Oddly enough because of an unemployed status, you are expected to be able to turn your hand to anything at the drop of a hat. Something that most anti-unemployed person probably can't do!

junius

World class company can

That job situations vacant column yells B O R I N G!! dead end jobs for dead end people. the best liar gets the job and makes a balls of it. Sales executives, financial accountant (what the hell other type of accountant is there???) accountants, managers, executives. These ads are typical bunkum - farcical nonsense that nobody wants because they probably pay peanuts, probably expect people to work 80 hours a week for a basic wage without overtime in third rate offices and while they're add it, do security duties and be the cleaner at the same time. Decent educated people are not executives or managers just waiting there to step in to fill these 'wonderful' positions. Ads like these are pure lies. Why doesn't Marcos the Black try applying for one and see how far he gets. Decent people don't want to use forceful techniques to try to force people to buy goods they don't need and don't want. That is what telesales is all about. I tell them to get lost and put the phone down - every time. They are only time wasters!
Our graduates have degrees in all areas of sciences, they have completed thesis on complex matters. Do you really expect them to take dead end jobs like these which will no doubt require 20 years top end experience if anybody was stupid enough to apply for them in the first place. Rubbish Ireland!!

These jobs can only be filled by liars who will have the brass neck to sit in front of the interview panel lying through their teeth. No wonder they're always vacant. They are only rubbish false 'jobs'.

Last edited:

Marcos the black

Would need more information but something doesn't smell right? I'd like to see the pay, terms and conditions on offer - some people seem to believe any job is a good job but I know many firms are taking advantage of peoples desperation, not saying it is the case in these two cases but it does make one wonder.

As I was told by a friend who works in HR, telling someone they are 'overqualified' is a way of saying you would have far too much intelligence, education and self respect to put up with the awful role on offer.

I work for myself now and it was the best decision I have ever made.
Went for a snoop about and saw the jobs here: taxback Jobs in Ireland from Irish Jobs

Mad as Fish

World class company can

I'm always a little bit suspicious when I hear this sort of thing. For a start a telesales jobs must be one of the most soul destroying and unrewarding tasks on this planet, ever tried it? When was the last time anyone here bought something straight off the phone? I don't think I have ever. Which leads me on to the second point. If they are established companies then presumably they are looking to replace staff as well as recruit new members. Why did the old ones leave? Thirdly, what are the terms and conditions like? If the money is crap, especially for the professional roles, then you will suffer unfilled vacancies. Fourth point, putting a press release out saying you can't get staff saves an awful lot in buying advertising for those staff, seems that the paper was as much a sucker as you on this one unless it was part of some promotional deal.

Nope, don't be taken in by all this crap. It's cheap sensationalist copy for the papers and free advertising for the companies.

That job situations vacant column yells B O R I N G!! dead end jobs for dead end people. the best liar gets the job and makes a balls of it. Sales executives, financial accountant (what the hell other type of accountant is there???) accountants, managers, executives. These ads are typical bunkum - farcical nonsense that nobody wants because they probably pay peanuts, probably expect people to work 80 hours a week for a basic wage without overtime in third rate offices and while they're add it, do security duties and be the cleaner at the same time. Decent educated people are not executives or managers just waiting there to step in to fill these 'wonderful' positions. Ads like these are pure lies. Why doesn't Marcos the Black try applying for one and see how far he gets. Decent people don't want to use forceful techniques to try to force people to buy goods they don't need and don't want. That is what telesales is all about. I tell them to get lost and put the phone down - every time. They are only time wasters!
Our graduates have degrees in all areas of sciences, they have completed thesis on complex matters. Do you really expect them to take dead end jobs like these which will no doubt require 20 years top end experience if anybody was stupid enough to apply for them in the first place. Rubbish Ireland!!

These jobs can only be filled by liars who will have the brass neck to sit in front of the interview panel lying through their teeth. No wonder they're always vacant. They are only rubbish false 'jobs'.
If you can't differentiate between finance and accounting, then I have to wonder about the rest of your rant.

junius

It says 15-25k... Better than the dole...
Isn't it?
Yes it might well be better than the dole. Slightly. If you happen to live within walking distance of the premises, live with Mammy and Daddy who are happy to pay all your bills and feed you, are happy with your bicycle and haven't got two brain cells to rub together. and for all this they'll give you an executive position!! Maybe even make you a manager!! Whoooopppppeeee!!

junius

If you can't differentiate between finance and accounting, then I have to wonder about the rest of your rant.
Yes, these kind of crap ads put me in a bad humour. They are utter nonsense. If you don't believe me try applying for one and bear in mind that you might have to pay bills as well. They are utter rubbish jobs. And they probably require 20 years experience in a similar position behind you. We need proper jobs, not crap like this.

Crazy horse 6

It says 15-25k... Better than the dole...
Isn't it?
Impossible to get by on a wage like that as a family man so in answer to your question no actually it's not better than the dole. Now the dole and a cash into hand job that a different story. :lol: