• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

No mention of Fianna Fail in Willie O'Dea's clinic advertisements

williewatch

No mention of Fianna Fail in Willie O'Dea's Limerick post advertisements.

Last edited:

ectoraige

Website
www.helgrim.com
There's also no mention of Fianna Fáil on his website either - the party name appears once in the "Useful links", otherwise there is nothing to indicate his affiliation to the party. I expect this'll be the line adopted by most FF TDs.

I looked through the photo gallery, no smiling pictures of him with Cowen, and again no hint of FF. Also, is Willie tee-total? There's one picture featuring him in a mess with what appears to orange juice.

eatmyposts

Napoleon V2.0 is plotting his return

the problem for Wee Willie is that his fuel is bitterness, run on that and its guaranteed to end in tears

(FFS Alcohol in the hand of Uniforms!!!!!!!!!!!)

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
Hard as it may be for some to believe, people don't vote for Willie because he's FF, they vote for him despite him being in FF and I still believe he'll top the poll at the next election.

williewatch

Willie O'Dea deserting a sinking ship?

I looked through the photo gallery, no smiling pictures of him with Cowen, and again no hint of FF.
Wille was practically up Cowen's **** in Limerick, for the cameras a couple of months ago.

Rat...sinking ship?

Willie steps into FF...Wille steps out of FF....Willie steps into FF....Willie steps out of FF etc etc

Last edited:

williewatch

and I still believe he'll top the poll at the next election.
Perhaps, but it a wasted vote as he will never see ministerial office again. The smart people in Limerick have started shifting their allegiance to the possible future ministers Noonan & O'Sullivan.

G

Gimpanzee

Perhaps, but it a wasted vote as he will never see ministerial office again. The smart people in Limerick have started shifting their allegiance to the possible future ministers Noonan & O'Sullivan.
The smart people who usually vote for Willie O'Dea? wha?

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
If you were to use that criterium you wouldn't vote for two thirds of of the current TDs, let alone those with no chance of a seat. There's no such thing as a wasted vote, especially with STV.

williewatch

Willie O'Dea heading for political wilderness

If you were to use that criterium you wouldn't vote for two thirds of of the current TDs, let alone those with no chance of a seat. There's no such thing as a wasted vote, especially with STV.
Lets see now.

As a Limerick voter do I vote for O'Dea, who political career is essentially over and who will have little influence going forward other than being a opposition TD in the political wilderness till its time to collect his pension?

or

Do I vote for Noonan or O'Sullivan who will probably be ministers in the next government and have some influence at least at the cabinet table?

Hmmm, that is a difficult one. Not

And thats before I even start to consider the appalling track record of O'Dea & Fianna Fail.

Last edited:

ymmek

You may be right,but as Noonan will be 69 at the next election my gut feeling is that Noonan will be ceann comhairle after the next election.Finance will probably not be available and after a long career it might suit him even though limerick could do with a couple of ministers

williewatch

Willie O'Dea compares himself to Winston Churchill, Disraeli, Gladstone

You may be right,but as Noonan will be 69 at the next election my gut feeling is that Noonan will be ceann comhairle after the next election.Finance will probably not be available and after a long career it might suit him even though limerick could do with a couple of ministers
Good point. But whatever chance Noonan has of influencing the next government, Willie O'Dea has 0% chance of influencing anything.

I see O'Dea is now comparing himself to Winston Churchill, Disraeli, Gladstone . . .

"He insisted that politicians often use “colourful” language. “I’m not the only one to do that. If you go back through history you see people like . . . I hate to claim myself good enough to be in the company of Winston Churchill, Disraeli, Gladstone . . .”

But, true to form, he went ahead and did it anyway."

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/weekend/2010/1002/1224280149706.html

loner

Hard as it may be for some to believe, people don't vote for Willie because he's FF, they vote for him despite him being in FF and I still believe he'll top the poll at the next election.
Probably---wonder what that says about Confraternity city?

Chuck de Mawl

"He insisted that politicians often use “colourful” language. “I’m not the only one to do that. If you go back through history you see people like . . . I hate to claim myself good enough to be in the company of Winston Churchill, Disraeli, Gladstone . . .”

But, true to form, he went ahead and did it anyway."
His modesty knows no start... If you want to give hime him a back handed compliment when he knocks at your door try this (worth it just for the facial expression)

"Well Willie, I've always been impressed with how much you've made of yourself, Didn't you have great foresight in investing in that oil company (Petrel) in Iraq before allowing the Yanks to US shannon to attack, you made a fortune off that. How did the shares do? I'd say you made a fair few bob, fair play to you. How about the shares in West African Diamonds? ... Willie? Willie?.... "

kodak

Don't worry most people remember that he was a key member of Berties 'Team'.

pujols

I disagree. Noonan offers a lot of experience and gravitas on an inexperienced Fine Gael Front Bench and they would be daft not to have him in Cabinet if they return to Government.

Furthermore, why 69 is no longer considered old. I would see no reason for him not to continue as long as his health bears up. Writing people off for reasons of ages really p's me off as I get older.

stanley

There's also no mention of Fianna Fáil on his website either - the party name appears once in the "Useful links", otherwise there is nothing to indicate his affiliation to the party. I expect this'll be the line adopted by most FF TDs.

I looked through the photo gallery, no smiling pictures of him with Cowen, and again no hint of FF. Also, is Willie tee-total? There's one picture featuring him in a mess with what appears to orange juice.

Willie is right up there in the Biffo league when it comes to having the gargle, not a good singer, but can tell stories to beat the band and loves a good punch up even with large ex rugby players as he chanced one night up in Souths pub in Limerick, thought he had Biffo behind him as back-up but he was already gone in the motor, so next day he denied everything.

drjimryan2

and they'll march two by two...........

monaners and bar stool mouths..........

and they'll say say say......

but! when the boxes open........

the men of all parties and none will be there one, one, one....

not only do we have politicians......we have a corrupt society.......

you should never 'not do' in case you get caught, you should 'not do' because its wrong......and the whole country rich and poor need to learn this lesson....and fast........

and as for o'dea?......he'll be in by lunchtime....

Chuck de Mawl

and as for o'dea?......he'll be in by lunchtime....
But he won't bring in anyone on his coat-tails, and he'll be in the opposition benches afterwards. It'll dent his ego of course, but he'll scrape by somehow, and seek sympathy for the stress.