No point protesting. Sod all we can do!

Okay, we've been sold out, literally, by our own. Instead of guarding us against the money markets, the stocks and shares gamblers, our Government gave them a free hand. More than a free hand in some cases as we know to our cost.

But if the Government won't go, and the damage is done and cannot be undone, what's the point in protesting anyway? They have bankrupted us, and we, not them, will suffer. As the suicide rates climb dramatically, as despair hits those of us who have lost jobs, homes, and worse, dignity, our hope plunges even deeper.

We are not fighting against guns or soldiers here. We are fighting an unseen enemy protected by national and international forces. The money market. We are landed with a Government who facilitated the abuse of public spending by crooks.

What can we, the ordinary people do? We elected this Government. We are not allowed to change our minds now that we know what we know. We have to let them stay put. We have to live with these betrayals. Don't we?

revolution

we can put a dagger thru the heart of fianna fail whenever the general election comes...
then we fix things bit by bit.
and make sure we never forget

PUFF DADDY

I get what you are saying !

It is very frustrating !, I was in work today and I got a random phonecall from a liveline rep, I was on it a few wks giving it loads re the "state of the nation" and she asked me had I stuck my protest poster on my car, I said I had etc and let rip re the last few days etc in if I say myself a semi sensible way, I did not get on the show, as it was disrailed on other stuff, but the fact that they rang me re been on the show before..was interesting. I am attending the frontline audience this monday, I may speak, I may not...I want to say something relevant...and blow their minds...not just moaning..I have some ideas..

POLITICAL REFORM cannot happen until after a GE, I do not want this govt putting in the next budget or the "projecting" the next 4 yrs, they do not have the RIGHT, they do not have a MANDATE.

I am a "mammy" working FT (TG) living in a neg ag hse in tallaght with a partner in construction and with 3 small kids and very angy...

spidermom

"We are not allowed to change our minds now"

Opps Lisbon mark 2!!!!

I know how you feel....but if we don't show them in a public way how angry we are....they all continue with their platitudes of "the public being upset because of the difficult decisions"...(GRRRRRR)...thing is though that when a march is organised in conjunction with the unions or a political party....people do not go...and there are very few organisations that can organise without the input of either!!

sport02

I get what you are saying !

It is very frustrating !, I was in work today and I got a random phonecall from a liveline rep, I was on it a few wks giving it loads re the "state of the nation" and she asked me had I stuck my protest poster on my car, I said I had etc and let rip re the last few days etc in if I say myself a semi sensible way, I did not get on the show, as it was disrailed on other stuff, but the fact that they rang me re been on the show before..was interesting. I am attending the frontline audience this monday, I may speak, I may not...I want to say something relevant...and blow their minds...not just moaning..I have some ideas..

POLITICAL REFORM cannot happen until after a GE, I do not want this govt putting in the next budget or the "projecting" the next 4 yrs, they do not have the RIGHT, they do not have a MANDATE.

I am a "mammy" working FT (TG) living in a neg ag hse in tallaght with a partner in construction and with 3 small kids and very angy...

When you are on frontline, say something poigantly, to the audience, look left, then look right, when you are speaking, and look right into the camera, and show your anger and frustration with the inemptitudes we have in goverment, and maybe you may inspire many to take a stance for once.

SideysGhost

This apathetic "ach sure the damage is done what can ye do, don't be rocking the boat, keep the head down and shure maybe it'll get better" nonsense is exactly what Fianna Fáil rely on.

They know that they can carry out heist after heist robbing the resources of the nation and a sufficient number of stupid apathetic paddies will bend over and take it and vote them back in again to continue looting, with a "ach shure what can ye do, better the divil ye know, twould be worse under that other shower"

D'ye know what we could do? We could turf FF out of power; rescind the Guarantee as a corrupt act and put these zombie turkey banks into liquidation; institute criminal proceedings for fraud and theft against the lot of them and their banker/builder mates; do a spot of extraordinary rendition to get the likes of the bould Johnny back in the country, haul these scum over hot coals until they give up the numbers of their foreign bankl accounts; tell the world we're not paying debts due to corruption and default on every penny of certainly the Anglo and INBS debt; slash and burn through all the FF corruption networks and subsidies to their mates and croney supply contracts and croney rigged markets and dodgy laws to favour the connected insiders and dodgy rental deals and on and on with the pork, rip it all out and let those parasites starve for a change, that'll lop a good few billion off the deficit and reduce the general price level in the economy overnight; restore the rule of law and accountability; slash politician pay and perks as a symbolic gesture; basically make it clear that we've routed the nest of vipers the feck out of the place and we're cleaning up our act and behaving like a lawful country not a wild west gangster paradise.

That's what we could do. And within a couple of years we could have a functioning balanced economy with a strong indiginous SME sector providing sustainable jobs at sustainable wages in a country with a low and stable and fair cost of living and no deficit and no more fecking Fianna Fáil spoofing chancers and thieves roaming round the place with their big red pig faces and big thick pig necks elbowing their big piggy frames into every trough going and trying to convince us all that they deserve it and we should be grateful for the pigmen as they steal the food from your mouth, cos "shure dem others would be worse".

PUFF DADDY

When you are on frontline, say something poigantly, to the audience, look left, then look right, when you are speaking, and look right into the camera, and show your anger and frustration with the inemptitudes we have in goverment, and maybe you may inspire many to take a stance for once.
Thanks sport02 and Laz (Mrs OP from Mayo :)

I see where you are coming from re been poigant etc, going to think hard about it. :confused:

but don't want to be seen as the usual moanline etc, we have to show some hope for our KIDS and lets be honest their kids ?

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
Don't give up hope.. protest works.. just target it properly.. every machine can be disassembled

spidermom

Puff ...you only get on Joe if you are saying what the researchers want to hear.
been on a few times..and they have rang me a few times...but I didn't "get" on because my view didn't "suit" the particular thread of the show.

Joe will not save us!. (he is a pressure valve of sorts...)...but feet on streets will keep up the pressure..if we can find a march that has no defined agenda..and thats the hard bit.

Most posters here know I'm a nurse...have never and will never attend a march EXCEPT on patient issues ONLY...and they are kinda hard to come by!!!!

redtoothclaw

There is no point in protesting.
Sane people know there is no point.

But a lot of previously sane people are going to lose the rag big fecking time.

In Ecuador rogue police and soldiers attempted to oust the President yesterday.

A mad eejit with a cement truck who rammed the gates of Leinster House might be the tip of the iceberg.

Could we witness days of rioting like Greece or months of disorder like Thailand?

Who knows?

If the crooks who got us into this mess are not brought before the courts we could have serious civil disorder.

There are lots of gangland hits going on and a lot of psychos with guns.
It only takes one lunatic with nothing to lose who could stick a Glock in the guts of a politician strolling around the corner from the Dail for lunch.

new jewell

The thing is if I was Labour i'd crap myself if I attained power because Id have to do the same things as FF ,but then ..no..Id say I'm only doing this because FF messed up ..... The cut's still happen... Bottom line is no difference between Lab/FF/FG it's a roundabout. The system is broke, a new one is needed.We have to listen to new ideas.

Twin Towers

This apathetic "ach sure the damage is done what can ye do, don't be rocking the boat, keep the head down and shure maybe it'll get better" nonsense is exactly what Fianna Fáil rely on......
Passion and truth as ever.

This is the most hateful anguish of all among men, to understand much and to prevail in nothing. - Herodotus.

EUrJokingMeRight

Okay, we've been sold out, literally, by our own. Instead of guarding us against the money markets, the stocks and shares gamblers, our Government gave them a free hand. More than a free hand in some cases as we know to our cost.

But if the Government won't go, and the damage is done and cannot be undone, what's the point in protesting anyway? They have bankrupted us, and we, not them, will suffer. As the suicide rates climb dramatically, as despair hits those of us who have lost jobs, homes, and worse, dignity, our hope plunges even deeper.

We are not fighting against guns or soldiers here. We are fighting an unseen enemy protected by national and international forces. The money market. We are landed with a Government who facilitated the abuse of public spending by crooks.

What can we, the ordinary people do? We elected this Government. We are not allowed to change our minds now that we know what we know. We have to let them stay put. We have to live with these betrayals. Don't we?
Yes we do. But sometimes I wonder what would happen if, for example, the 75% of people in the country who do not agree with Fianna Fáil could meet peacefully in the phoenix park and declare a new national government. Getting a million or two into the park wouldnt be so hard, Hey we did it for the pope 'for god's sake'.
If more than 50% of the population over 18 show up and peacefully agree, peacefully vote for an emergency cabinet, what can the government really do? Nothing. Democracy in action, a legal and peaceful majority and majority rules. Or so we are told.
The Army and Gardai would have to decide if they are prepared to open fire and wound and murder Irish citizens exercising their right to democracy and freedom of association.
If they are not, well and good, for that is what they swore in their oaths.
If they are prepared to open fire and wound and murder Irish citizens, well, not good, but at least the charade would be seen for what it is.
If less than 50% show up, so what? At least the president could see everyone out enjoying themselves from her window and the rest of the world would see that the 'mandate' that is so precious to this government does not actually exist!
Paraphrasing a bit here;
Ireland needs a democratic political system but do we need this 'democratic' political system?

Is the current system appropriate to the needs of the people, or the needs of the banks. Would people feel better broke but with a clean slate, or would they feel better broke and destined to see the country broke for decades to come?

beamish2010

The Cosy Cartel.

The thing is if I was Labour i'd crap myself if I attained power because Id have to do the same things as FF ,but then ..no..Id say I'm only doing this because FF messed up ..... The cut's still happen... Bottom line is no difference between Lab/FF/FG it's a roundabout. The system is broke, a new one is needed.We have to listen to new ideas.
Unfortunately there is the cosy cartel of FF,FG,Labour and the Greens.
There are all the one.They all stick together.Remember when Declan Ganley
tried to challenge the status quo.They all ganged up on Mr Ganley.

I was hoping that Mr Ganley would break the cosy cartel,but unfortunately
that was only a flash in the pan.

hmmm

50% of the electorate voted in these gombeens. There was no betrayal, we elect morons and we get moronic policy. We elect teachers and auctioneers and full time puffed up county councillors and we expect them to run something as complicated as a country? These people are barely competent to reach middle management in a private company. It's absurd.

It was always going to end in tears, irrespective of who we put in power. Our state cannot run itself in a professional manner based on the current electoral system. We cannot run a state in a professional manner as long as the electorate returns politicians whose main role is to bring in money for their local parish. Nothing has changed, Mattie effing McGrath is off on a solo run to try and protect his seat by putting local interests first. It will probably even work as a strategy for him.

Tinkering around the edges isn't good enough, we need a second republic and a fundamental reappraisal of how we want to govern ourselves. We've seen what happens when we elect the (possibly) well intentioned but hopeless.

spidermom

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
I am currently reading "Guerilla Days In Ireland" by Tom Barry. A fine read it is too, by a man who knew what patriotism meant, and who would no doubt be disgusted by the "appeals to patriotism" made by the scoundrels in Government over the past few days.

One passage in the book, struck me like a hammer blow. I will re-write it word for word, and let people digest it, before asking a question of you all....

"On the following morning we marched for Skibbereen. This town had then a population of nearly three thousand. Its inhabitants were a race apart from the sturdy people of West Cork. They were different, and with a few exceptions were spineless, slouching through life meek and tame, prepared to accept ruling and domination from any clique or country, provided they were left to vegetate in peace. Like the opium eaters of the East they were incapable of enthusiasm or effort for anything more strenuous than promenading or gossip, so it is little wonder that there were only four members of the IRA in the whole town, three of whom had been arrested. About a dozen other inhabitants were Sinn Feiners.

The town was cursed with two cliques. One was the strong British loyalist group which lorded it over the supine natives. The other was the more despicable group of local native politicians, who invoking the name of Parnell, Redmond, Cathlín Ní Houlihan and Mother Ireland, degraded the public life of this unfortunate town. These cringed to the Army of Occupation and the Loyalists, deprecated, so very careful to the National Struggle for Freedom, and pursued their petty meannesses under the guise of what they called Catholicism.

They were not dangerous to the Republican Movement as they lacked the energy and gumption to be actively hostile to anything. They were, however, it must be admitted, a true reflex of the people they represented, because if Satan himself appeared in the Skibbereen of 1920-21, the great majority would doff their hats to him, and if he wagged his tail once in anger, he was sure to be elected high in the poll to the Skibbereen District Council."

When did we become a nation of Skibbereeners

picador

What about demanding those by-elections in the three constituencies without TDs? The government is perverting democracy for it's own ends by denying these elections.

Sariel

It is your own fault. Once you gave up your currency this situation was going to materialize. You were warned. All parties are guilty because they lied to the people. Once the credit boom ended and people decided to save some other sector of the economy has to borrow for some other sector to save. FACT. And the automatic stabilisers blew out the deficit. The deficit is getting bigger because the private sector is saving and paying down debt removing money from the economy. No matter what party was or is going to be in power this situation could not be avoided. If the government decides to reduce the deficit from 12% of GDP to 3% of GDP, the private sector is going to have to reduce its' surplus from 9.2% of GDP to 0 % GDP. Is this what people want? Do they want more saving and less debt? If so, how? Moralists beware you cannot have more savings and less debt. Savings=Borrowings.

I'll put it down to Hanlon's razor, because it was the greatest act of treason commited by all parties upon the people. If they knew that a sovereign government can never default in its "own" currency because they are the monopoly issuer of that currency this mess could of been avoided. It was why Keynes urged the abandonment of the gold standard.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies