No room at the Inn for the LP as the SD's reject their overtures

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
If I had a vote for every time people told me they were let down by Labour I’d be elected for sure” said Social Democrats chairwoman Sarah Jane Hennelly. So once again the LP are about as wanted as a dose of the clap. tellingly Jack O'Connor of Siptu also has the begging hand out. So what future has the LP since the entire left has rejected their overtures ? Maybe they should be approaching their old buddy's who they have propped up so often in the past FG and FF for a new alliance ?

" Ms Hennelly was reacting to recent comments by Labour TD Alan Kelly in which he praised the Social Democrats, and suggested the two parties should unite, along with other left-wing TDs. Labour chairman and Siptu president Jack O’Connor has also made similar suggestions recently, while other senior figures have also expressed openness to the idea....... “If Kelly and O’Connor are as serious as they say about strengthening social democracy in Irish politics then I suggest they head to our website and sign up as a member,” Ms Hennelly said in a statement."

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/social-democrats-reject-merger-overtures-from-labour-1.3193674?mode=amp#.WZszjBQ3Gzs.facebook

blokesbloke

Labour died the moment my Joanie ceased to lead it.

Nobody could hope to lead it as brilliantly as she did.

Levellers

How stupid must O'Connor and Kelly be to think anyone would throw their lot in with Labour?

*EPIC SUCCESS*

Labour died the moment my Joanie ceased to lead it.

Nobody could hope to lead it as brilliantly as she did.
She did do a brilliant job alright - has there ever been as spectacular a collapse of political party? Even FF ruining the economy didn't do for them what Joanie did.

Bless her.

blokesbloke

She did do a brilliant job alright - has there ever been as spectacular a collapse of political party? Even FF ruining the economy didn't do for them what Joanie did.

Bless her.
None of that was my Joanie's fault.

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com

Bless her.
It's true, from winning their largest ever number of seats to one of their lowest and heading to extinction. In Dublin they were elected by the middle class vote, in Cork city they haven't a singe councilor. Absolute shambles.

Analyzer

The objective for the Looper Party is to merge with a potential competitor.

Let's not forget that Shortall stated publicly that Ireland needed to reduce it's overall alcohol consumption for the sake of the HSE ( or else spend more on the HSE), when she was in the LP.

Within one week the Stickie "leadership" had removed her from her Junior Ministry, & licked out of the party.

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
The objective for the Looper Party is to merge with a potential competitor.

Let's not forget that Shortall stated publicly that Ireland needed to reduce it's overall alcohol consumption for the sake of the HSE ( or else spend more on the HSE), when she was in the LP.

Within one week the Stickie "leadership" had removed her from her Junior Ministry, & licked out of the party.
And drag their competitor into the dirt like themselves so the cronyist gombeen state continues to live for another wee while. Time for them to jump in officially with FG or FF and have done with it.

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.
The LP are finished and they have no one to blame but themselves.
God help us if fine fail are not finished after their 'rule' what can we hope for.

brughahaha

The LP are finished and they have no one to blame but themselves.
It really would seem so (caveat :we thought the same about FF in 2011)
Every seat they hold they hold by the skin of their teeth , the anger directed at them hasn't subsided one jot , if anything its increased' and they are invisible or worse pathetic and irrelevant in the Dail , with Howlin anonymous

Analyzer

Well done the Soc Dems. The LP are as useful as a phart in a space suit.

Mushroom

Reading that crock of horsesh1t, it's very easy to see why baldy Donnelly quit the prissy biddy party.

Looks as though the whiter than snow SD would rather remain virgo intactae perched high on the opposition benches, than risk getting their gussets a bit moist by dancing a slow set!

The Floater

This reminds me of a 50 year old woman who was the prom queen(or whatever our equivalent is) going back to her local for the first time in years with her ample cleavage on display and only attracting sympathy and maybe a Healy Rae.

blokesbloke

This reminds me of a 50 year old woman who was the prom queen(or whatever our equivalent is) going back to her local for the first time in years with her ample cleavage on display and only attracting sympathy and maybe a Healy Rae.
;) I've got to give you this one! I nearly wet meself!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies