No Water in Dublin tonight between 7pm - 7am 1 million people hit

gijoe

I heard it as well. Applies to Dublin City and all 3 Dublin County Councils.

Grumpy Jack

Apparently it's down to quite a few buck eejits who are leaving their taps running to prevent pipes freezing up and draining the reservoirs in the process.

Jesus wept, are people out there really that stupid and that selfish?*

Bet they wouldn't be doing that if they were paying water charges based on usage levels.

* No need to answer that - the number of people who voted in the past or say they will still vote for Fianna Fail screams a big fat YES.

padraig.od

Apparently it's down to quite a few buck eejits who are leaving their taps running to prevent pipes freezing up and draining the reservoirs in the process.

Bet they wouldn't be doing that if they were paying water charges based on usage levels.

* No need to answer that - the number of people who voted in the past or say they will still vote for Fianna Fail screams a big fat YES.
Can you imagine how bad it will be when the mains actually start to burst like they did earlier this year with the water level already so low?

Socratus O' Pericles

What sort of a fukking idiot runs his/her taps?
They are typical of a particular type of person. I need water for my needs and screw the rest . They are the same people who view public services as a gift and view good citizenship,care for the environment and generosity as being stupid and for losers

As this is a political website I'd say they are PDs and the right wing of FG and FF.

ballot stuffer

The whole of Dublin or just parts of it ad hoc like last time?

Wish I had left my taps on. Been without water for 1 week now. When I complained to the council they said go use a neighbours. Will they say that next year when water meters are installed?

yellowfish

What sort of a fukking idiot runs his/her taps?
This one
I don't know about Dublin, but someone turned off the kitchen tap here last night and now we have no water and no chance of thawing the pipes. with luck they will thaw out before the temp drops again but i doubt it, its just not warm enough. What bothers me is that this house is less than 10 years old, but the pipes are ridiculously shallow.
I am utterly incredulous at the ************************e sloppy workmanship that has gone into these places, we are only renting whilst we renovate the old place, cant wait to get out.

B

boo-boo

stupidity list

Can add my neighbour to the sheer stupidity list. I went out to garden this morning and heard what sounded like a hissing noise - and I heard the same thing late last night. This morning I snooped over the rear wall - and the eejits left their outside tap on!

Sync

Water to be curtailed to homes in Dublin - The Irish Times - Tue, Dec 07, 2010

QUICK LETS OVERREACT!!!!

DUBLIN CITY Council is to start cutting water supplies to homes in the coming days to try to restore volumes in the city’s reservoirs which have dropped substantially during the bad weather.

The planned cuts will take place between 7pm and 7am, but city manager John Tierney said households would have sufficient tank capacity to ensure they do not run out of water if supplies were used sensibly.

Can add my neighbour to the sheer stupidity list. I went out to garden this morning and heard what sounded like a hissing noise - and I heard the same thing late last night. This morning I snooped over the rear wall - and the eejits left their outside tap on!

Could it not be that it had frozen up?, and maybe it thawed enough to come back on?

Congalltee

A meter based charge for water supplies, is another tax on stupid/selfish people. 2014 is far too long to wait.

B

boo-boo

flat charge

Wish I had left my taps on. Been without water for 1 week now. When I complained to the council they said go use a neighbours. Will they say that next year when water meters are installed?
Pity they wont be introducing a flat charge on households for a H20 supply as opposed to introducing metering...then you'd have them for a breach in contract!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies