No Water in Dublin tonight between 7pm - 7am 1 million people hit

EvotingMachine0197

Here's the notice from FCC:

Affected Areas Serviced by Fingal County Council

From Tuesday 7th December 2010, each local authority will cut off supply in one of four designated areas in each authority region, from 7pm to 7am next morning. This cut off will be for each area in turn, and those affected areas serviced by Fingal County Council are as follows:

Tuesday 7th December 2010:

• Bayside, Balbriggan, Baldoyle, Stapolin and Lanesborough Area.

Wednesday 8th December 2010:

• Malahide Village and surround, Portmarnock, Foxwood, Seabury, Waterside and Longlands.

Thursday 9th December 2010:

• Boroimhe, Airside, Holywell, Pinnock Hill, Nevinstown, Drynam and Skerries.

Every household has sufficient supply for a minimum of up to 12 hours from roof-tanks installed according to water byelaws. As long as people use water supplies responsibly and plan for the non-supply period, people should experience the minimum of inconvenience.

Fingal County Council warn that although there have been few watermain bursts during this cold period, a sudden thaw may bring an onset of these burst and resultant pressure on Council staff to repair them.

Water Services staff will be working before and after the cut-off and resumption of water supply, through very unsocial hours, to ensure as few problems as possible arise.

If you require any additional information please contact Fingal County Council on 8906210 (Mon - Thurs 9am to 5pm, Fri 9am to 4:30pm) or After Hours/Emergency Number: 8731415. Emergency information notices and updates are regularly posted on htttp://www.fingalcoco.ie/CustomerServicesEmergencyNotices/ and on Aertel page 624.

B

Boggle

The only place I think this is possible would be garden tapes and such. I don't think underground pipes are likely to burst as the soil insulates them otherwise we would have burst pipes everywhere.
On older houses you would be right, but the newer houses have them too shallow at the meter point (as per building regs).

I could be wrong but I'm sure this was explained in detail last year.

B

Boggle

thanks for advice guys. Hot water tap now running.
Missed your last post but leaving your hot water tap running will make a rumbling sound in the attic (as the tank is refilled) in most houses and the only reason to do that would be if you have pipes freezing inside the house in the attic, in which case you should insulate them and be done with it.

If you are trying to stop the incoming mains from freezing then the slightest trickle (or even a heavy drip) in the kitchen tap will keep the water moving fast enough to stop it from freezing and ensure you don't lose water.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies