No water to be got in Drogheda

TheField

So a major water leak is resulting in extensive disruption to public water supplies in parts of Louth & Meath.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/water-service-in-northeast-may-be-gone-until-thursday-1.3164077

Many rural dwellers who have to fund their own and sometimes struggle with water supplies around the country must be having a quiet smile. People on public water & sewage supplies have been taking a whole lot for granted for many years, so a reality check ain't no bad thing.

I wonder how many residents of Drogheda engaged in so called Right2Water groups and refused to contribute towards the UPGRADING of their own supplies? A few similar cuts and shortages in Dublin & Cork wouldn't go astray either.

And so here we are in rural Ireland, paying for our own supplies and then through our taxes funding the repairs not only to this installation but for many more citizens who take water & sewage for granted.

The chickens come home to roost eventually and I expect rural party candidates to get a hard time in any future election.

Lúidín

I expect rural party candidates to get a hard time in any future election.
I too hope that Right Ejit candidates campaign on their right to pay for public services.

The_SR

Irish Water can't fix it, so your political analysis is sewage.

Fabo02

Needs more immigrants, that will improve situation

The_SR

And so here we are in rural Ireland, paying for our own supplies and then through our taxes funding the repairs not only to this installation but for many more citizens who take water & sewage for granted.
As a Dub I am more than happy to keep Dublin tax revenue in Dublin and let you boggers sink or swim on your own. That's not a line you should really follow to conclusion.

hammer

As a Dub I am more than happy to keep Dublin tax revenue in Dublin and let you boggers sink or swim on your own. That's not a line you should really follow to conclusion.
If LPT was ring fenced to Dublin it would cause massive short falls elsewhere.

The_SR

This is thanks to the anti water charge champions. Thanks fvckbags.
What's the correlation? IW made 'repairs', made it much worse and now have to oit source the repairs. If anything the anti charges majority have been vindicated.

The_SR

If LPT was ring fenced to Dublin it would cause massive short falls elsewhere.
Exactly. So I'm not really going to listen to the fields whinge about contributions he doesn't make.

Mushroom

Irish Water can't fix it, so your political analysis is sewage.

A warm welcome to Smirker Murphy's principle policy adviser - it's good to have you in the thread.

So, having dropped that bombshell, would you care to inform us who is going to fix it?

Because the Irish media is under the impression that it's going to be ....................... guess who

That's right: IRISH WATER.

But I'm sure that you, having the brains of a stillborn piglet, know better.

The_SR

A firm in Belfast are building a new pipe.

The mayor squarely blames IW

Mushroom

is building.

And who commissioned the work?

HINT: the initials are I W.

Would you like to call a friend?

TheField

Well if we were to follow that line of reasoning, County Wicklow could hold Dublin to ransom. You do realise don't you, that a substantial proportion of Dublins water supply comes from Poulaphuca and Roundwood reservoirs in Wicklow. Never mind the water the Dubs want to siphon off the Shannon!

Like Joni Mitchell says:
Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got
'Till it's gone

That's the message for those on public water & sewage supplies. Yous have no grasp at all of the convenience of such services and take them utterly for granted. It's only when they're gone, that reality sinks in :)

The_SR

is building.

And who commissioned the work?

HINT: the initials are I W.

Would you like to call a friend?
So they caused the problem, can't fix it, have had to outsource and you are defending them?

TheField

Oh, out of the goodness of their heart? Who's paying the bill? By rights it should be those who have the pleasure of public water & sewage supplies.

The_SR

Well if we were to follow that line of reasoning, County Wicklow could hold Dublin to ransom. You do realise don't you, that a substantial proportion of Dublins water supply comes from Poulaphuca and Roundwood reservoirs in Wicklow. Never mind the water the Dubs want to siphon off the Shannon!

Like Joni Mitchell says:
Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got
'Till it's gone

That's the message for those on public water & sewage supplies. Yous have no grasp at all of the convenience of such services and take them utterly for granted. It's only when they're gone, that reality sinks in :)
What are you on about? You are the one objecting to paying for urban water, despite the fact you do no such thing

The_SR

Oh, out of the goodness of their heart? Who's paying the bill? By rights it should be those who have the pleasure of public water & sewage supplies.
Yes, the urban taxpayer.

Mushroom

In fairness, even someone as dim as you can probably see that it would be rather difficult for him to blame Aer Lingus or The Samaritans.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies