No wipeout of Fianna Fail

Eurocitizen

I can only speak for Dublin but I am sure the rest of the Country will experience the same results.

It is very clear to me that many posters wish to see a wipe out of the Fianna Fail party and have let their hearts rule their head.

I can safely predict that yes of course we will loose seat in the local elections around the country but not to the magnitude to call it a wipe out.

In Dublin we will return 26 city and county candidates at local level and retain our one European seat. (I think we have about 30 at present)

The anger in the past few days has come from FG voters who have once again become disillusioned with the leadership of the party.
The reasons.
1. Frank Flannerys statement on FG future intentions of coalition with SF.
2. Endas spat with the greens on the same issue.
3. Enda disowning Garret Fitzgerald. (That hurt a lot of older FG voters)

Eoin Ryan will retain the Dublin European seat for the following reasons.
1. Endorsements by Garreth Fitzgerald, Pat Cox and Mary Harney.
2. The deep-rooted hatred for SF by FG and Lab and Green voters they will transfer to Ryan.
3. The core FF voters have returned to us and will come out to save a very much-respected politician.

Labour will increase their percentage vote but this may not necessarily transfer into actual seats.

Fianna Fail will have a good election despite been in Government at a time of the worst world recession in living memory.

In the Dublin Dail elections I can safely predict that FF will loose both which could be expected even in normal times.

Alex White could take the seat in Dublin South with the help of Brennans transfers
George(Lee) I feel peaked to soon and the gloss has gone off him he will do well but will not get enough 1st preference votes to take him over the line.
Alex white will receive number 2s from the majority of Brennan voters who cannot bare the arrogance shown by George. (Especially the use of just George on his poster and he is only a wet day in politics)

Please judge me next Sunday when all the results are known

Kev408

The anger in the past few days has come from FG voters who have once again become disillusioned with the leadership of the party.
The reasons.

2. The deep-rooted hatred for SF by FG and Lab and Green voters they will transfer to Ryan.
3. The core FF voters have returned to us and will come out to save a very much-respected politician.

Regarding your FG points:

1. and 2. are the same points.

3. Did Enda disown Garret? I missed that.

Regarding why Eoin Ryan will be elected:

1. Endorsements by Fitzer, Cox and HARNEY? Do you really think Harney's approval would be a plus?

2. That contradicts your earlier flimsy credibility that a hatred of SF is relevant either way.

3. I can't even remember what politician you're seriously shyting about.

Eurocitizen

The reasons.

Regarding your FG points:

1. and 2. are the same points.

3. Did Enda disown Garret? I missed that.

Regarding why Eoin Ryan will be elected:

1. Endorsements by Fitzer, Cox and HARNEY? Do you really think Harney's approval would be a plus?

2. That contradicts your earlier flimsy credibility that a hatred of SF is relevant either way.

3. I can't even remember what politician you're seriously shyting about.

Well Kev408 lets hear your words of wisdom of what will happen exactly.
It is very very easy to belittle other peoples opinions so lets hear what you predict.

stewiegriffin

Lets just wait and see shall we? No need for 'analysis' .We shall soon have the verdict . Probably wont see you for a while Mr 'eurocitizan' ,if that is your real name.Your not one of them mad croats from Rossport are you?

Kev408

Well Kev408 lets hear your words of wisdom of what will happen exactly.
It is very very easy to belittle other peoples opinions so lets hear what you predict.
I analysed your points fair and square. I wouldn't have either the arrogance or stupidity to make predictions. I'd like to see Mary Lou be elected in the Euros but I'm not going to suggest that she will be elected on the basis of some far-fetched analysis which strangely always leads to SF success. That'd be silly, don't you think?

badboy2

As some one who had the misfortune of once living in a Labour controlled council in England and a life long opponent of Fianna Fail, I am quietly confident of a most enjoyable weekend.

I think Labour will be the big winners at council level, with as many as 40 gains.

Dublin Central is uncallable but South will go to FG.

I think Labour may pick up 2 MEPs.

One thing I do know is that a party used to polling over 40% is in trouble when a"good" result would be 25%

Digout

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdIsBfBumXk]YouTube - BEST OF COMICAL ALI (Mohammed Saeed Al-Sahaf, Iraqi Minister of Information)[/ame]

Rebelman

Website
no1rebelman.bebo.com
Twitter
@kencurtin
I already predicted on another thread that the largest increase of first preference vote for FF anywhere in the county will be here on cobh town Council, so while FF will be hit hard nationally here on my local patch we will buck the trend

I also believe all 4 FF seats in europe will be retained.

mdub

I'm not going to hold my breath. I'll believe a FF wipeout when I see it.

I've heard people who are very angry at FF say things along the lines of 'FF got us into this mess, they should get us out of it', meaning that out of spite, they're actually going to vote for FF.

FF will suffer some hits, but with the kind of thinking above, along with 'ah sure there's no alternative' and grassroots support, I'm not going to be overly optimistic that they'll lose enough places so as to force their hands regarding considering their position of leaders of the nation.

Digout

Thread like this are good, they encourage more people to vote against FF.

Craiced

Alex White could take the seat in Dublin South with the help of Brennans transfers
George(Lee) I feel peaked to soon and the gloss has gone off him he will do well but will not get enough 1st preference votes to take him over the line.
Alex white will receive number 2s from the majority of Brennan voters who cannot bare the arrogance shown by George. (Especially the use of just George on his poster and he is only a wet day in politics)
Put your money where your mouth is. Alex White? Not a hope. George Lee is 1/66. If Paddypower were fair, Alex White's odds should be 16/1.

Dublin South - Irish By-elections Betting Odds from Paddy Power

Pauli

Whatever about the result this time, the only real guage of the future direction of FF will be taken at the next general election. While this election is important on many levels, it is really only a temperature-taker and nothing more. Even if FF do get a dire result, I would wait until the next general election before predicting the demise of FF. Having said that, there is no doubt that they deserve a hiding.

Eurocitizen

Dillinger

I can only speak for Dublin but I am sure the rest of the Country will experience the same results.

It is very clear to me that many posters wish to see a wipe out of the Fianna Fail party and have let their hearts rule their head.

I can safely predict that yes of course we will loose seat in the local elections around the country but not to the magnitude to call it a wipe out.

In Dublin we will return 26 city and county candidates at local level and retain our one European seat. (I think we have about 30 at present)

The reasons.

Labour will increase their percentage vote but this may not necessarily transfer into actual seats.

Fianna Fail will have a good election despite been in Government at a time of the worst world recession in living memory.

In the Dublin Dail elections I can safely predict that FF will loose both which could be expected even in normal times.

I know plenty of delusional eejits who are still going to vote Fianna Fail. But they are only doing it in the hope that there is a recovery, and they will get to pull more strokes. Such as, getting the speed limit changed on a road, so they can rezone land for a Motel, with not a care in the world for the local residents who don't want it.

Supermanpolitician

The reasons.

Gladly!

adamirer

The reasons.

Oh we will, and you'll have serious egg on your face. Lee will walk the DS election. White prob wont have half his first prefs.

I sort of agree that Ryan might keep his seat (and I think he might well), but it won't be because FG friendly voters hate SF - it'll be because they dislike MLM and her 'is it because I am a woman' attitude. I'm tactically voting anti-MLM - not anti SF. They get a high pref from me in locals, and i know lots who feel similarly.

for teh same reason your 1-3 is wrong. SF isnt that big a deal anyone. I dont think the policies are compatable, but SF alreadt shifted back towards reality in the week before the 07 GE when they did a huge u-turn on their economic policies. They'll shift more and more centre over time.

I'd rather Ryan to MLM, but your reasoning is all wrong.

factual

Oh we will, and you'll have serious egg on your face. Lee will walk the DS election. White prob wont have half his first prefs.

I sort of agree that Ryan might keep his seat (and I think he might well), but it won't be because FG friendly voters hate SF - it'll be because they dislike MLM and her 'is it because I am a woman' attitude. I'm tactically voting anti-MLM - not anti SF. They get a high pref from me in locals, and i know lots who feel similarly.

for teh same reason your 1-3 is wrong. SF isnt that big a deal anyone. I dont think the policies are compatable, but SF alreadt shifted back towards reality in the week before the 07 GE when they did a huge u-turn on their economic policies. They'll shift more and more centre over time.

I'd rather Ryan to MLM, but your reasoning is all wrong.
You are wrong. I am not predicting that MLM will top the pole, but I do think that she will win a seat.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies