• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Noam Chomsky speaks at UCC, 4th of April.

R

Ramps

That's hardly a valid argument?...slate magazine?....come on!
There is nothing remotely credible in this article that would support your derogatory comment
Really?? Saddam never even threatened the US?

Who approved the flights for the Saudis?

How can Moore, on the one hand, state that OBL is entitled to a presumption of innocence, while, on the other, state that Bush is to blame for not focusing all his efforts on getting OBL?

Lily MacDuff

Really?? Saddam never even threatened the US?

Who approved the flights for the Saudis?

How can Moore, on the one hand, state that OBL is entitled to a presumption of innocence, while, on the other, state that Bush is to blame for not focusing all his efforts on getting OBL?
Ramps, My point is, using slate magazine to support your point given that this particular article has used nothing to support it's point leaves no room for a factual debate.

R

Ramps

And which of the claims that Hitchens made about Moore's dishonesty do you dispute?

james toney

The tickets didn't last long for his appearance,not one to be got anywhere.

Lily MacDuff

And which of the claims that Hitchens made about Moore's dishonesty do you dispute?
For fear of hijacking a forum that began about Noam Chomsky, with our opinions on Michael Moore, PM me if your interested in continuing this discussion!
If however you do not wish this I will say this one more thing on the matter and then I shall hand the forum back to Noam Chomsky lovers and haters
I shall dispute the whole article as he backed none his claims up with evidence! If your going to try to discredit somebody all I ask is you provide some FACTS to back it up.

R

Ramps

If your going to try to discredit somebody all I ask is you provide some FACTS to back it up.
Re. the flights for OBL's kin (from 9/11 Comm. Report):

Flights of Saudi Nationals Leaving the United States
Three questions have arisen with respect to the departure of Saudi nationals from the United States in the immediate aftermath of 9/11:
(1) Did any flights of Saudi nationals take place before national airspace reopened on September 13, 2001? (2) Was there any political intervention to facilitate the departure of Saudi nationals? (3) Did the FBI screen Saudi nationals thoroughly before their departure?
First, we found no evidence that any flights of Saudi nationals, domestic or international, took place before the reopening of national airspace on the morning of September 13, 2001.24 To the contrary, every flight we have identified occurred after national airspace reopened.
Second, we found no evidence of political intervention. We found no evidence that anyone at theWhite House above the level of Richard Clarke participated in a decision on the departure of Saudi nationals. The issue came up in one of the many video teleconferences of the interagency group Clarke chaired, and Clarke said he approved of how the FBI
was dealing with the matter when it came up for interagency discussion at his level. Clarke told us,“I asked the FBI, Dale Watson . . . to handle that, to check to see if that was all right with them, to see if they wanted access to any of these people, and to get back to me. And if they had no objections, it would be fine with me.” Clarke added,“I have no recollection of clearing it with anybody at the White House.”
Although White House Chief of Staff Andrew Card remembered someone telling him about the Saudi request shortly after 9/11, he said he had not talked to the Saudis and did not ask anyone to do anything about it. The President andVice President told us they were not aware of the issue at all until it surfaced much later in the media. None of the officials we interviewed recalled any intervention or direction on this matter from any political appointee.
Third, we believe that the FBI conducted a satisfactory screening of Saudi nationals who left the United States on charter flights. The Saudi government was advised of and agreed to the FBI’s requirements that passengers be identified and checked against various databases before the flights departed. The Federal Aviation Administration representative working in the FBI operations center made sure that the FBI was aware of the flights of Saudi nationals and was able to screen the passengers before they were allowed to depart.
The FBI interviewed all persons of interest on these flights prior to their departures.They concluded that none of the passengers was connected to the 9/11 attacks and have since found no evidence to change that conclusion. Our own independent review of the Saudi nationals involved confirms that no one with known links to terrorism departed on these flights.
Chapter 10, 9/11 Commission Report

Emphasis mine.

Paddyc

Do you know what a lie is?!
Having read that article, I have a better idea than Christopher Hitchens.

If he (or you) said that Moore is one-sided, simplistic, over-emotional and egotistical I'd have a hard time arguing with you.

You however, called him a liar and have yet to provide us with an example of a bare-faced Pinocchio special or in other words, a lie.

R

Ramps

Having read that article, I have a better idea than Christopher Hitchens.

If he (or you) said that Moore is one-sided, simplistic, over-emotional and egotistical I'd have a hard time argiung with you.

You however, called him a liar and have yet to provide us with an example of a bare-faced Pinocchio special or in other words, a lie.
Have you seen F. 9/11?! Have you seen what he said about the Suadis' leaving and who gave permission for them to leave?! :confused:

Watch from 24min 38 secs to 24min 50 secs:

Fahrenheit 911 Full Movie (

Paddyc

You were referring to the 9/11 Commission.

In affidavits submitted last year for plaintiffs suing the Saudis – including Premoli – former Nebraska Sen. Bob Kerrey and former Florida Sen. Bob Graham wrote that the book on Saudi Arabia’s 9/11 connections should not be closed.

The 9/11 Commission on which he served lacked the time and resources “to pursue all potentially relevant evidence” involving Saudi Arabia, Kerrey wrote.

“Significant questions remain unanswered concerning the possible involvement of Saudi government institutions and actors in the financing and sponsorship of al Qaeda, and evidence relating to the plausible involvement of possible Saudi government agents in the September 11th Attacks has never been fully pursued,” Kerrey wrote.

Graham, who was chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee at the time of the attacks, was co-chairman of a joint congressional inquiry. He has spent years arguing that a 28-page chapter from that inquiry would cast things in a different light if it ever is declassified.
http://http://www.algemeiner.com/2013/03/22/special-travel-benefit-for-saudis-a-slap-in-the-face/?cb=040033682342618704

That 9/11 Commission?

Paddyc

Have you seen F. 9/11?! Have you seen what he said about the Suadis' leaving and who gave permission for them to leave?! :confused:

Watch from 24min 38 secs to 24min 50 secs:

Fahrenheit 911 Full Movie (
He said they got clearance at the highest level from the White House and after the movie was made, we find out from the 9/11 Commission that Dick Clarke is the man who gave the go-ahead.

According to Clarke's statements to the 9/11 Commission, a member of the Bush administration relayed to Clarke the request of the Saudi embassy to allow the members of the bin Laden family living in the U.S. to fly to Saudi Arabia. Clarke testified to the commission that he relayed this decision in turn to the FBI via Dale Watson, and that the FBI at length sent its approval of the flight to the Interagency Crisis Management Group.[27] However, FBI spokesman John Iannarelli denied that the FBI had a role in approving the flight: "I can say unequivocally that the FBI had no role in facilitating these flights."
http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_A._Clarke

Murkier and murkier.

R

Ramps

He said they got clearance at the highest level from the White House and after the movie was made, we find out from the 9/11 Commission that Dick Clarke is the man who gave the go-ahead.

http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_A._Clarke

Murkier and murkier.
So you're saying that Clarke took one for W? Clarke?

You're saying, as Moore tries to get viewers to believe, that W was behind the decision to let the Saudis leave, and that the Saudis weren't questioned prior to their departure?

former wesleyan

Anyone see the documentary on Friday night about Nim Chimsky ? Shameful stuff.

NewDawn1

Noam Chomsky is a scumbag.

SilverSpurs

Any chance NC could offer a workable and pragmatic alternative???

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies