• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Noddy

RottenBorough

Switched on BBC radio 4 in the car this morning and heard an American academic and Andrew Marr discussing engaging people in politics. Then Andrew Marr said "Mary Robinson you're nodding vigorously at that..."

Protestant/Catholic=Irish

Pahahahahaha classic thread.

peacetrain11

I haven't been a member here long but this site has descended into farce! I know I'm not a great contributor but the standard of thread seems to be slipping into the abyss.

Hewson

Lain2016

Switched on BBC radio 4 in the car this morning and heard an American academic and Andrew Marr discussing engaging people in politics. Then Andrew Marr said "Mary Robinson you're nodding vigorously at that..."
"Come to me, oh people of Ireland and dance in me, for I am of you and you are within...oh ochon, ochon magillicuddy rrreeekks..."

Great speech, ranks up there with MLK and Mahatma Blandy :roll:

Riadach

Noddy: suits that con woman down to the ground. She is one of those Charlie McCreevy types who escaped the ire she deserves.

Great name, Noddy. (I hope Noddy Holder does not take offence)
Is there anyone you don't hate?

RottenBorough

Mary Robinson is tireless in her pursuit of justice and fairness for all.
I wonder how she squares that with a pension of €130K odd a year after being in a job for 6 years

Hitch 22

She seemed to have a habit of nodding and at the same time bringing her thumb index and middle finger together and thrusting upward with her right hand.

RottenBorough

"Come to me, oh people of Ireland and dance in me, for I am of you and you are within...oh ochon, ochon magillicuddy rrreeekks..."

Great speech, ranks up there with MLK and Mahatma Blandy :roll:
I always thought that a dreadful embarrassment of a speech but not being a member of Mná na hÉireann I felt that
perhaps I lacked the oestrogen required to emotionally engage with it

mary_queen_of_the_gael

I always thought that a dreadful embarrassment of a speech but not being a member of Mná na hÉireann I felt that
perhaps I lacked the oestrogen required to emotionally engage with it
And Albert Reynolds and the others were summoned to listen to this con woman speak. People like her are central to our problems, masquerading as a new broom, not the old tricksters that they were.

EvotingMachine0197

And Albert Reynolds and the others were summoned to listen to this con woman speak. People like her are central to our problems, masquerading as a new broom, not the old tricksters that they were.
Could you give us a concrete, tangible example of this conning you speak of?

Deep Blue

Oh Thank God; ye're only on about Robbo, I thought for a minute there that something bad had happened to dear old Noddy in Toyland.

It would be another plank of my childhood destroyed, what with Saville and all....

mr. jings

At the risk of dragging the thread off topic - if indeed there is a topic to be dragged off - I always wondered who ended up with that amazingly kitsch Mary Robinson tapestry from the window of the carpet shop on Dame Street.

My sitting room needs it.

Now.

Analyzer

She seemed to have a habit of nodding and at the same time bringing her thumb index and middle finger together and thrusting upward with her right hand.
The Big Bird gesticulation ?

Socratus O' Pericles

I haven't been a member here long but this site has descended into farce! I know I'm not a great contributor but the standard of thread seems to be slipping into the abyss.

There was one about RBB shopping yesterday...what the so called lbertarians consider worthy of a thread is indicative of their desperation ...they are more to be pitied than laughed at.... that is all.