Nóirín O Sullivan to move to Europol?

ger12

sic transit

So really speculation based on a question someone refused to comment on? That's a fact OK!

Catalpast

ger12

So really speculation based on a question someone refused to comment on? That's a fact OK!
The Sunday Business Post have this on the front page sic, such a reputable paper doesn't run this story lightly.

ger12

Marcos the black

There's a job. There's a person in a similar industry. And that's it. The rest is in the imagination of the journalist.

sic transit

The Sunday Business Post have this on the front page sic, such a reputable paper doesn't run this story lightly.
It's the silly season and real news is at a premium. The job is quite probably real and someone like her might be a potential candidate but what you linked to is five lines of nothing but idle speculation! Now if you like this kind of thing check out football transfer rumours! :D

HereWeGoAgain

It's the silly season and real news is at a premium. The job is quite probably real and someone like her might be a potential candidate but what you linked to is five lines of nothing but idle speculation! Now if you like this kind of thing check out football transfer rumours! :D
oh there are vacancies ..... which one beckons for our Noirin?

https://www.europol.europa.eu/careers-procurement/vacancies/vacancy/181

https://www.europol.europa.eu/careers-procurement/vacancies/vacancy/175

ger12

I don't buy that sic. The SBP isn't the sort of media outlet that engages with idle speculation.

It would certainly be advantageous for the government if the Commissioner were to leave.

kimari

Twitter
dont like it
What reputable police force would want one of our morons interpol is comitted to catching criminals not giving them jobs

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Could be interesting as a suggestion seeing as OLAF, the EU investigation unit is looking into what happened to EU funds at Templemore.

Could be interesting if any of the funding's evasionary accounting occurred while O'Sullivan was overseeing Templemore.

I still wouldn't discount O'Sullivan being shoved over to Europol though as it would not be outside the EU's capability to become an overpaid dumping ground for various national misfits.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
And let's face it there would be only two police agencies involved so there would likely be less CV checking than you would find in an average McDonalds.

amsterdemmetje

She has kept us amused for quite some time?
I dunno about you but im not amused that someone who cant hold onto evidence involved in an important inquiry involving herself and who has been caught several times telling mistruths about what she knew or knows and who is the most senior high paid Cop in Ireland in charge of a bunch of Keystones cops is going to be let loose in a real professional Police Force. TBH i cant see that happening, someone somewhere will surely point out on that she cant even tie her own shoe laces.

Last edited:

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
If Kevin Cardiff can end up on the strength at the EU Court of Auditors I would suggest we may well have gone through the looking glass on recruitment policies at EU level quite some time ago.

Any such application to Europol wouldn't survive in normal HR terms any examination of her tenure as Asst Commissioner, her own promotion policies in terms of maids of honour and spouses but then again in certain circles the more disastrous one's career seems to have been at a senior level the more likely it is that one is likely to get another senior appointment.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
I wouldn't mind being a fly on the wall at such an interview at Europol hearing what is an unreconstructed bean garda with a 1970s psychology at best trying to parlay her career in Ireland into leading edge European level policing.

It would be worth money on the dark web as pure comedy gold.

zermatt

I wouldn't mind being a fly on the wall at such an interview at Europol hearing what is an unreconstructed bean garda with a 1970s psychology at best trying to parlay her career in Ireland into leading edge European level policing.

It would be worth money on the dark web as pure comedy gold.
Noirin can talk a good talk though. I sure she could impress them talking about "paradigm shifts" in policing.

She would really have to keep quite about her smear campaigns though.

Alternatively, she would make an ideal Justice Minister for Fianna Fail.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies