Noirín O'Sullivan is gone.

RodShaft

Herr Rommel

Big fat pension to go with out the door with her no doubt.

Last edited:

cabledude

Good riddance.......

Sync

Remember sacking people? For cause? Gross incompetence? Remember those days? Allowing these people, from the top to the bottom, retire or move roles or jobs really isn't enough. Sack em all.

cabledude

Because she retires, does this mean she will not get the rest of her contracted salary? Although the public service in this country is a weird and wonderful place, so maybe she will....

Vega1447

Good riddance.......
Can we hope to get a non-GS Commissioner?

Just decouple the security services from AGS and hire a NZ/Dutch person to run the rest.

Northsideman

Remember sacking people? For cause? Gross incompetence? Remember those days? Allowing these people, from the top to the bottom, retire or move roles or jobs really isn't enough. Sack em all.
Yes we seen this for years in the church.

sic transit

Big fat pension to go with the rest of her fat body no doubt.
Are you afraid of people who are not skinny or is your mental age of 6 leaking through?

asset test

It was inevitable especially when she applied for the Interpol position.

But cynic that I am, she made sure she did the three years as Commish that would enable her to maximise the lump sum and pension.

Who is next..... her husband, LOL.

sic transit

Because she retires, does this mean she will not get the rest of her contracted salary? Although the public service in this country is a weird and wonderful place, so maybe she will....
She'll get the Asst Comm pension anyway.

firefly123

Took all her owed leave and left. Hopefully the last of the clique and we get an outsider. It's the only way to sort the garda crisis out

blinding

A Kinahan or a Hutch to clean up the Garda Siochana.....

I am not even sure if I am joking....

eoghanacht

The Law and Order party.

cabledude

Your lot backed her to the hilt, get up the yard.
Show me one single post on this forum where I backed her.

I am a huge supporter of rank and file Gardaí. Her incompetence was causing them difficulty. Her time to go has long past.

This is good news.

RodShaft

Deputy Commissioner Dónall Ó Cualáin is now in the hotseat. Hopefully the real appointment is from outside Ireland.

firefly123

Once a guard has 30 years done they are entitled to a full pension based on the last three years wages

Vega1447

Ms O'Sullivan said she had considered applying for a top job in Europol but she has decided instead to take some time out with her family.
Didn't we hear that she had applied for a (relatively) senior job in Europol. And that she was unsuccessful?

New Threads

Most Replies