• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Nolan Show BBC NI 16-1-13 (Audience Filled with Flag Protestors) Shocking stuff!

Abaddon

Presented by Stephen Nolan
Stephen Nolan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BBC Radio Ulster - The Nolan Show

Panel -

Gerry Kelly (SF)
Gerry Kelly - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jeffery Donaldson (DUP)
Jeffrey Donaldson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Conall McDevitt (SDLP)
Conall McDevitt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
David Forde (ALLIANCE)
David Ford - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For anyone that missed last nights show this was a real eye opener. Audience filled with flag protestors (though it would be better to call them SF\SDLP\ALL protestors) shouting down anyone disagreeing with them. DUP member hardly helping matters.

Here's a taste of one of the better contributers Chris Donnelly -

[video=youtube;mA5aNQ-FRxw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA5aNQ-FRxw[/video]

As soon as I come across a link for the full show I'll post it.

Original thread ZOOed by Sync because

There's no way of telling from the op (or the first page of posts) what the threads about. There's no issue at all with you or so done else setting up a new thread on the issue in NI until the op here gets fixed?
http://www.politics.ie/forum/zoo/204441-nolan-show-now-bbc-ni-22.html

Request that you merge the above ZOOed thread with this.

picador

Nice wee video of Jeffrey there.

From all accounts last night's Nolan was a real horror-show.

Northtipp

Good OP . Well structured

It could be quite an interesting time for the media and in particular the BEEB? Nolan and his crew may have breached equality and fairness rules and there are several complaints lodged . The outcome will be interesting.

Gurdiev

I found the show very enlightening.

It was a very fair and balanced hearing , and display , of the folk who actually have a grievance at the moment.

eskrimador

The OP was written in response to a TV moment that shocked most of us. Any search on Twitter using Stephen Nolan will show the reaction.

We all know what happened, no need to expand the OP at this time. This should be sent right back to the NI forum.

eskrimador

Good OP . Well structured

It could be quite an interesting time for the media and in particular the BEEB? Nolan and his crew may have breached equality and fairness rules and there are several complaints lodged . The outcome will be interesting.

Don't tell us fella, send in a complaint to the BBC and Ofcom.

Gurdiev

The OP was written in response to a TV moment that shocked most of us. Any search on Twitter using Stephen Nolan will show the reaction.

We all know what happened, no need to expand the OP at this time. This should be sent right back to the NI forum.
And so should the previous thread.
No excuse for zooing it .

Northsideman

Does anyone know how this audience was selected?

gawoo1012

Panel -

Gerry Kelly (SF)
Jeffery Donaldson (DUP)
Conall McDevitt (SDLP)
David Forde (ALLIANCE)

For anyone that missed last nights show this was a real eye opener. Audience filled with flag protestors (though it would be better to call them SF\SDLP\ALL protestors) shouting down anyone disagreeing with them. DUP member hardly helping matters.

gawoo1012

Panel -

Gerry Kelly (SF)
Jeffery Donaldson (DUP)
Conall McDevitt (SDLP)
David Forde (ALLIANCE)

It really left me with a sad and empty feeling. Hope is really disappearing and the North is going to be forever an economic backwater. The audience was full of knuckle draggers who couldn't articulate how their culture and tradition was diminished by the lowering of their flag other than "we're British" and chants of "No Surrender". Talking about consensus politics but insisting on the triumphalism of flying the Union Jack 365 days a year which is at odds with every other part of their beloved Britain.
Donaldson waxing lyrical about the right to protest as loyalists violently tear apart their own city for the 8th day in a row. Ignoring that the fact that the decision was voted on democratically and it was a decision already taken in Lisburn, Armagh and other city councils in the North without issue.
The young loyalists in the audience can't see that they are being manipulated for political and criminal ends.

Who would invest and creat jobs after seeing that circus last night?

Northtipp

It really left me with a sad and empty feeling. Hope is really disappearing and the North is going to be forever an economic backwater. The audience was full of knuckle draggers who couldn't articulate how their culture and tradition was diminished by the lowering of their flag other than "we're British" and chants of "No Surrender". Talking about consensus politics but insisting on the triumphalism of flying the Union Jack 365 days a year which is at odds with every other part of their beloved Britain.
Donaldson waxing lyrical about the right to protest as loyalists violently tear apart their own city for the 8th day in a row. Ignoring that the fact that the decision was voted on democratically and it was a decision already taken in Lisburn, Armagh and other city councils in the North without issue.
The young loyalists in the audience can't see that they are being manipulated for political and criminal ends.

One of the protestors was asked on Nolan today if she cared about business. No was the answer. If they cared about the flag they would be out protesting.

picador

One would like to think this shenanigans is doing massive damage to unionist political parties. An election is needed sooner rather than later.

eskrimador

Northsideman

Maybe the BBC have unwittingly done NI society as a whole a favour here because they have shown the up the type of clowns behind this and the chancer politicians who would back them. If NI unionist folk as a whole are willing to put up with this type of carry on then they are doomed and the good folk on their beloved "mainland" will not want to know them.

sport02

It was a shocking inbalance in the audience. Although I believe Nolan said this morning that it was not a BBC agenda and he would of liked a more balanced representation in the audience. Nevertheless there were savages in the audience that would give out of control pitbull terriers a run for their money in the vicious stakes.

Northsideman

One of the protestors was asked on Nolan today if she cared about business. No was the answer. If they cared about the flag they would be out protesting.
I seen one so called protester on TV using a pole with a Union flag attached as a weapon to try to hit a Nationalist youth on the head with, some respect for the flag that was.

eskrimador

It was a shocking inbalance in the audience. Although I believe Nolan said this morning that it was not a BBC agenda and he would of liked a more balanced representation in the audience. Nevertheless there were savages in the audience that would give out of control pitbull terriers a run for their money in the vicious stakes.
Nolan pulled the thugs off the streets to fill the seats. The people with tickets did a 180 when they saw the protest. My niece was doing over time in the CSA near bye and they were cleared out of their offices because of the threat.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies