• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Nolan Show BBC NI 23-1-13 = Gay Marriage, Country and Western Music and The Border Poll

Abaddon

Presented by Stephen Nolan
Stephen Nolan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BBC iPlayer - The Nolan Show: Series 2: Episode 7

BBC Radio Ulster - The Nolan Show

Panel - Border Poll

Arlene Foster (DUP)
Arlene Foster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Alex Maskey (SF)
Alex Maskey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Arlene back tracking on her 'calling SF's bluff' and Alex spluttering through the economic benifits of a United Ireland.

Hate to say it people but another loaded audience this week.

Panel - Gay Marriage

Jonathan Bell (DUP)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Bell_(UK_politician)
John O'Doherty - Rainbow Project
The Rainbow Project: promoting the health and well being of lesbian, gay, bisexual and/or transgender people and their families in Northern Ireland.

Dinner - Gay Marriage
John O'Doherty - Rainbow Project (see above)
Deboragh McNamara - Mother of gay son
Pastor Mark Bradfield - Bethel Baptist Church
Bethel Baptist Church Home Page
Rev Prof. Drew Gibson - The Union Theological College
Home : Union Theological College Belfast, Northern Ireland , UK

On the gay marriage issue, I was sorry to see that there was no catholic priest at the table for the discussion seeing as they're just as opposed to it. Maybe Steve just doesn't like catholics in his home or that homosexuality is just a protestant issue.;)

InsideImDancing

Must say Maskey was poor, I mean who could fail to destroy the joke that is Foster?

Jeepers wept.

The caller who came on spanked her in five seconds flat, i'll paraphrase;

"if northern Ireland requires a ten or five billion subvention then how in the name of all that is fek'n holy can that be used as a parameter of success ya fek'n bleedin' eejit ye?!"

Abaddon

Must say Maskey was poor, I mean who could fail to destroy the joke that is Foster?

Jeepers wept.

The caller who came on spanked her in five seconds flat, i'll paraphrase;

"if northern Ireland requires a ten or five billion subvention then how in the name of all that is fek'n holy can that be used as a parameter of success ya fek'n bleedin' eejit ye?!"
Yeah, Alex seemed to be caught flat footed at the start. Arlene even worse. Whipping out the standard DUP clichés and a few new ones. Tried to disregard figures her own party supplied regarding subvention and uturned on the border poll.

InsideImDancing

Yeah, Alex seemed to be caught flat footed at the start. Arlene even worse. Whipping out the standard DUP clichés and a few new ones. Tried to disregard figures her own party supplied regarding subvention and uturned on the border poll.
SF's main reason for the end of partition should be very simple, it hasn't fek'n worked, even remotely and a blind fek'n dog could see that.
Sectarian carve-up perpetuates Sectarianism shocker!

As for Arlene, would you?petuniapetuniapetunia

Btw mate they were always going to uturn on the border poll, either way I think SF score a win with that one.

Global Justice

I find SF's arguments thus far about a border poll lousy.

It's the same repetitive 'duplication of services' and 'pool all our resources' crap. I mean damn, where's the Irish republicanism? Where's the actual political, social and ideological benefits that should roll of the tongue? SF seems to be like a deer caught in headlights over this.

The arguments put forth on this forum for a UI would shame what Alex Maskey and Gerry Kelly have said recently on TV and the radio.

Last edited:

Dame_Enda

Brits very precious about letting only UK-people view their BBC player. :roll: Must take your word for it. Evidently partition is also a reality online.

commonman

The north is more trouble than iits worth, when they say a boder poll will we have a right to vote no.down here.

livingstone

Brits very precious about letting only UK-people view their BBC player. :roll: Must take your word for it. Evidently partition is also a reality online.
Why would they let non-license payers watch their content? Hardly surprising.

Abaddon

Not one mention of Nathan Carter...
I didn't think Nathan's music had the potential to cause civil unrest or impact on society in the way the other two subjects do, so i didn't list it.

Abaddon

Cooperate for freedom

Thank God Maskey wasn't asked about gay marriage and inevitable gay adoption and removal of terms of mother, father, husband and wife as he would lost the conservative Catholic vote they take for granted.

Abaddon

Why would they let non-license payers watch their content? Hardly surprising.
I've had the same issue acccessing RTE player and AerTV outside of this state.

Abaddon

Thank God Maskey wasn't asked about gay marriage and inevitable gay adoption and removal of terms of mother, father, husband and wife as he would lost the conservative Catholic vote they take for granted.
He wasn't that bad but I know what your saying.

Roll_On

The north is more trouble than iits worth, when they say a boder poll will we have a right to vote no.down here.
Yeah people in the south will have the right to vote, you may be pissing against the wind with a no vote though.

Dub01

Cooperate for freedom

He wasn't that bad but I know what your saying.
It wouldn't have been because he was "bad", its because he would have had to state the truth that Sinn Fein are in favour of such.

commonman

Yeah people in the south will have the right to vote, you may be pissing against the wind with a no vote though.
The only way the people in the north should go is to let them run there own country, they should become an independent state of Northern Ireland.

Abaddon