Noonan expects dramatic IMF announcement

blackpitts

Slightly off thread, but the sooner the IMF start making the announcements the better - end the charade that Cowen et al are still in charge.

Chrisco

He has no clue what the IMF are going to do, he just said that frequently IMF interventions begin with some dramatic announcement.

My guess is that AIB is being turned into a bad bank.

Kalan

Ecb

The ECB is worried that the 'silent' run on the Irish banks will accelerate. Noonan apparently is alluding to this. What action will be taken is unclear but will probably be soon, as they fear a total collapse of the Irish banking system with contagion to the Euro-zone generally. Moving from 'fiction' to harsh reality.
Lenihan said today that the Irish banks are adequately funded; this was just a few minutes before he said they were not. The bumbling incompetence continues.

Berty

Wonder if it has something to with that the banks have been telling serious porkies, and that the situation is more brutal than has been originally reported?

nonpartyboy

The current govt are so out of their dept with regard to what is happening, i'd say the IMF/ECB are in shock at the scale of the stupidity, monday morning is hammertime.

DCon

He has no clue what the IMF are going to do, he just said that frequently IMF interventions begin with some dramatic announcement.

My guess is that AIB is being turned into a bad bank.
turned into :)

Tough Paddy

Dramatic isn't a word I associate with Michael Noonan.

Comatose.

ONQ.
Your use of the word 'comatose' perfectly sums up FF's handling of the economy.

devnull

Very good interview from Noonan.
He gave us an idea of how the IMF/ECB/EC are likely to operate in Ireland without going Howard Beale or engaging in sophistry.
In a normal democracy that'd be the government's job.

JohnByr

What are your feelings on the 100k limit holding?? Will the IMF change this? Is there anywhere to run with the few hard earned squids from the last 40 years toil!!!!

DCon

What are your feelings on the 100k limit holding?? Will the IMF change this? Is there anywhere to run with the few hard earned squids from the last 40 years toil!!!!
you could buy property. Never loses value!

I recommend 1 bedroom apartments in Mullingar. Great investment potential

Fergalino

this brings us back to a fundamental question

How the hell did AIB pass the EU banking stress test ?

BUSINESS WORLD - MEP: How did AIB pass stress test?
Given that the stress tests were not carried out by Commissioner Almunia's Directorate for Competition, but rather Ollie Rehn's Directorate for Economic and Monetary Affairs, I have to dispair at Alan Kelly's lack of knowledge given that he is now 18 months on the job.

wombat

this brings us back to a fundamental question

How the hell did AIB pass the EU banking stress test ?
They lied very competently;)

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies