Noonan: "I want to tell the Commission we are not a colony ..."

Asparagus

Yera, he is that FF stooge yes?

paid a fair bit of attention to the site over the years, mainly to see if Digout would start a riot

what happened him anyway

And i'm right about Cael, yes?
tonic would deny his ff stoogyness but yes that is him..

Cael has posted stuff i would think is crap but he also posts some very good stuff - he has an obvious agenda which he wears openly.

I'd take him before i'd take a stooge or a hack. I'd say i have posted a lot of crap here too.

digout was before my time but i understand he got banned

Asparagus

The so called government of this so called state has to ask the EU and the IMF for permission to introduce any policy. We are the mugs who now have to work to save the British, German and French banks who speculated on the Irish property bubble.

So, explain to me how we are not a colony. Otherwise shut your silly mouth.
Cael - we don't actually have to ask for permission but we are so crippled by offending or disaapointing our european betters

It is a similar condition to teh japanese culture bound mental illness known as TAIJIN KYOFUSHO
Taijin kyofusho - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

maybe lenihan is Japanese??

ruamruam

I think this is very interesting especially as it is coming from FG. I think it is finally realising that the so called bailout is not a bailout for us but for German, French and British bank.

Does Noonan know that we can't afford this bailout and default is on the horizon.

polcol2

While these statements from Noonan are certainly welcome, it should never be forgotte that the Blueshirts were instrumental in selling out our sovereignty. They are the most fanatical Eurofederalist party in Ireland. Cael is correct, we have been a colony for many years now. Bit late in the day to wake up and realise this.
I assume you have either just come in from Mars or are taking the piss? What is going on at the moment under FF?

hiding behind a poster

Joan Burton will be the next Finance Minister. :-(
I think that's even less likely now than it was a few weeks ago. Labour won't particularly want to have what's going to be a tough job of cutting spending and increasing taxes over the next few years - given how much of their new support comes from people falling for Gilmore's nonsense about their being an easy and painless way out of this if we just "tax the rich" and crack down on social welfare fraud. I'd say they'll make a play for it in negotiations, but will really be using it as a negotiating chip in order to achieve something else.

darkknight

Colm McCarthy was on Prime Time with Michael Noonan last night.

Noonan strongly criticised the behaviour of Euro Commission officials.

When discussing possible future scenarios, McCarthy said: "There'll be some 'broken field rugby' to be played later on. Michael would know all about that, coming from Limerick ..."

Lenihan, being a Belvo boy, wouldn't know anything about broken field rugby.

The other side is playing dirty, and we need someone capable of playing them at their own game.

I'm no FGer, but I think Noonan may be just what the doctor ordered.

Cometh the hour, cometh the man!

Last edited:

Vote_No_on_Everything

FF, FG , Labour, Greens would all sell out the Irish workers into slavery to get the best personal deal & for themselves.

Nooner

When discussing possible future scenarios, McCarthy said: "There'll be some 'rough field rugby' to be played later on. Michael would know all about that, coming from Limerick ..."

Lenihan, being a Belvo boy, wouldn't know anything about rough field rugby.

The other side is playing dirty, and we need someone capable of playing them at their own game.

"Broken field rugby"

Vote_No_on_Everything

FF, FG , PDs & Labour converted Ireland into a colony over the past few decades.

idle tim

Irish opposition says EC wants tough rules for 2011 | Reuters

Every Irish politician should be screaming this message to Rehn, Trichet and the Merrion Hotel mob.

Noonan is showing some steel. On tv yesterday he lashed out at Eurocrats who have been caught briefing againt Ireland.

Perhaps the country is beginning to wake up (but we're still quite drowsy)!
I want to tell Noonan "the people of Ireland are not Economic Units,we are a distinct race of people who for centuries have been subjected to the worst type of governance to plague the human race namely the Evil Politics of Greed,and we say NO MORE".

I want to tell Noonan "Pull your horns back in with regards to your obsession with the sacking of Civil Servants,do you need reminding that you are also a Civil Servant".

I Want to tell Noonan "I for one have not forgotten your shameful attitude towards
HepC sufferers while you were a serving minister and the scare tactics you used against them,the fact that you are still an elected representative speaks volumes about the parish pump gombeen politics that your party engages in just as vigourously as FF".

I want to tell Noonan "If your party do end up as our next Government,it
will be on a trial basis,and if radical changes in how you govern are not quickly implemented you will go the same way as FF".

"I want to tell Noonan "The man your party claim as your own (Michael Collins) once said he would follow James Connolly through hell,and here is a snippet of the type of Ireland which Connolly aspired to when he said,quote"In the long run the Freedom of a Nation is measured by the Freedom of its lowest class,every upward step of that class to the possibility of possessing higher things raises the standard of the Nation in the scale of civilisation,every time that class is beaten back into the mire,the whole moral tone of the Nation suffers"unquote,,and an example of what he was against and what clearly we have been subjected to before and since his untimely death,again quote"We are out for Ireland for the Irish,but who are the Irish,not the rack renting slum owning landlord,not the sweating profit grinding capitalist,not the sleek oily lawyer,not the prostitute pressmen the hired liars of the Enemy,not these are the Irish upon whom the future depends,not these but the Irish Working Class,the only foundation upon which a Free Nation can be reared",unquote.

darkknight

"Broken field rugby"
Corrected in post. Thanks.

'Broken field' is an even better description of the conditions awaiting the new Government. They will need plenty of big bruisers on the field. Enda Kidney can manage the team from the sidelines!

Watch The Break

I want to tell Noonan "the people of Ireland are not Economic Units,we are a distinct race of people who for centuries have been subjected to the worst type of governance to plague the human race namely the Evil Politics of Greed,and we say NO MORE".

I want to tell Noonan "Pull your horns back in with regards to your obsession with the sacking of Civil Servants,do you need reminding that you are also a Civil Servant".

I Want to tell Noonan "I for one have not forgotten your shameful attitude towards
HepC sufferers while you were a serving minister and the scare tactics you used against them,the fact that you are still an elected representative speaks volumes about the parish pump gombeen politics that your party engages in just as vigourously as FF".

I want to tell Noonan "If your party do end up as our next Government,it
will be on a trial basis,and if radical changes in how you govern are not quickly implemented you will go the same way as FF".

"I want to tell Noonan "The man your party claim as your own (Michael Collins) once said he would follow James Connolly through hell,and here is a snippet of the type of Ireland which Connolly aspired to when he said,quote"In the long run the Freedom of a Nation is measured by the Freedom of its lowest class,every upward step of that class to the possibility of possessing higher things raises the standard of the Nation in the scale of civilisation,every time that class is beaten back into the mire,the whole moral tone of the Nation suffers"unquote,,and an example of what he was against and what clearly we have been subjected to before and since his untimely death,again quote"We are out for Ireland for the Irish,but who are the Irish,not the rack renting slum owning landlord,not the sweating profit grinding capitalist,not the sleek oily lawyer,not the prostitute pressmen the hired liars of the Enemy,not these are the Irish upon whom the future depends,not these but the Irish Working Class,the only foundation upon which a Free Nation can be reared",unquote.
Well said. It does no harm to remind people what the real patriots thought.

Noonan should have been kicked out of politics for his actions during the Hep C tragedy. The families who suffered haven't forgotten him.

GDPR

The Bank Guarantee and NAMA arrived without an election,. Now I worry that a similarly bad decision and extreme important decision about this bail out will also arrive without an election. The government keep piping on about how we have to keep them in power to push this through but the reality is they should have called an election months ago and left this important decision to someone with a mandate from the people. They knew the IMF would be called in. They must have known this months ago or even 2 years ago and they had plenty of time to call an election before it happened. A responsible government would have called an election months ago and left important decisions up to a government with a fresh mandate instead of the lame ducks we have now.

Watch The Break

The Bank Guarantee and NAMA arrived without an election,. Now I worry that a similarly bad decision and extreme important decision about this bail out will also arrive without an election. The government keep piping on about how we have to keep them in power to push this through but the reality is they should have called an election months ago and left this important decision to someone with a mandate from the people. They knew the IMF would be called in. They must have known this months ago or even 2 years ago and they had plenty of time to call an election before it happened.
I don't know if the government knew what was going on. I doubt it.

But the result is the same. The deal will be signed and we will be told by FF or Fg or whoever that renegotiation is 'complicated'. Mark my words.

Green eyed monster

A solution needs to be found that doesn't involve the Irish taxpayers taking out massive loans of 80 billion in order to cripple ourselves paying back the gamblers who made their own choices and said Yes to Anglo Irish and the others... I care less about what that solution is and how it is to be come about but come about it must.. Or we might as well go back to the old imperial times of Irish servitude to foreign overlords... We also need to reappraise our relationship with the Euro, the ECB and if necessary the EU itself... This crisis has shown us how much is broken in those relationships.

punchdrunk

Well said. It does no harm to remind people what the real patriots thought.

Noonan should have been kicked out of politics for his actions during the Hep C tragedy. The families who suffered haven't forgotten him.
Who should be kicked out of politics for BANKRUPTING the country. Cop yourself on fast.

im axeled

when the thurd hit the fan back in 2008 quite a few experts were hired, their advice shelved etc, the one crowd who were not asked and would have given advice, probably for free were the ecb plus the imf, how come no politician has asked this question in the dail or anywhere else, forgive me if i am wrong.

Bleu Poppy

Joan Burton will be the next Finance Minister. :-(
The way that her party leader was found out today, maybe she'll be lucky to be the Junior Minister, Dept. of Finance, with responsibility for the O.P.W.

hiding behind a poster

When discussing possible future scenarios, McCarthy said: "There'll be some 'broken field rugby' to be played later on. Michael would know all about that, coming from Limerick ..."

Lenihan, being a Belvo boy, wouldn't know anything about broken field rugby.

Without saying "I told you so" (which I'm clearly about to do), I suggested that 6 months ago when Noonan was appointed.

New Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom