Noonan: "I want to tell the Commission we are not a colony ..."

hiding behind a poster

I want to tell Noonan "the people of Ireland are not Economic Units,we are a distinct race of people who for centuries have been subjected to the worst type of governance to plague the human race namely the Evil Politics of Greed,and we say NO MORE".

I want to tell Noonan "Pull your horns back in with regards to your obsession with the sacking of Civil Servants,do you need reminding that you are also a Civil Servant".

I Want to tell Noonan "I for one have not forgotten your shameful attitude towards
HepC sufferers while you were a serving minister and the scare tactics you used against them,the fact that you are still an elected representative speaks volumes about the parish pump gombeen politics that your party engages in just as vigourously as FF".

I want to tell Noonan "If your party do end up as our next Government,it
will be on a trial basis,and if radical changes in how you govern are not quickly implemented you will go the same way as FF".

"I want to tell Noonan "The man your party claim as your own (Michael Collins) once said he would follow James Connolly through hell,and here is a snippet of the type of Ireland which Connolly aspired to when he said,quote"In the long run the Freedom of a Nation is measured by the Freedom of its lowest class,every upward step of that class to the possibility of possessing higher things raises the standard of the Nation in the scale of civilisation,every time that class is beaten back into the mire,the whole moral tone of the Nation suffers"unquote,,and an example of what he was against and what clearly we have been subjected to before and since his untimely death,again quote"We are out for Ireland for the Irish,but who are the Irish,not the rack renting slum owning landlord,not the sweating profit grinding capitalist,not the sleek oily lawyer,not the prostitute pressmen the hired liars of the Enemy,not these are the Irish upon whom the future depends,not these but the Irish Working Class,the only foundation upon which a Free Nation can be reared",unquote.
:roll: Hurry back to your village, quick. They've yet to notice they're missing an idiot, so if you're quick you might get back on time.

civilserpant

I think this is very interesting especially as it is coming from FG. I think it is finally realising that the so called bailout is not a bailout for us but for German, French and British bank.

Does Noonan know that we can't afford this bailout and default is on the horizon.
Its basically money laundering on a nation state scale. ECB IMF loan in to Ireland for 85bn. 85bn used to clear bank debts to French and german banks and thus bank debt that should be defaulted it paid and the taxpayer lumped with the bill.

Money laundering. Simple as.

MPB

FG are starting to sound like a Govt at last.

Both Bruton and Noonan have now stated that they are

a) Willing to burn Bank Bondholders and

b) Tell Europe where to get off in meddling in the affairs of a sovereign nation.

I have said it before, we do not do protest very well in this country but we do know how to fight back.

Forcing us to bailout German, French and British Banks gives us a cause to rally round and fight against.

A word of warning to our new European overlords, do not give an Irishman a cause.

Lets hope FGs newly found backbone remains intact.

newell666

FG are starting to sound like a Govt at last.

Both Bruton and Noonan have now stated that they are

a) Willing to burn Bank Bondholders and

b) Tell Europe where to get off in meddling in the affairs of a sovereign nation.

I have said it before, we do not do protest very well in this country but we do know how to fight back.

Forcing us to bailout German, French and British Banks gives us a cause to rally round and fight against.

A word of warning to our new European overlords, do not give an Irishman a cause.

Lets hope FGs newly found backbone remains intact.
FG's history does not indicate that they would stand up to foreign influence if they were in government. Many of them have advocated a federal state of Europe.

idle tim

:roll: Hurry back to your village, quick. They've yet to notice they're missing an idiot, so if you're quick you might get back on time.
I would expect nothing less from another very obvious FG gombeen,you are the "idiot" who argues that your dear party provide good opposition.:oops::oops:

cul de sac

Noonan as far as I can see is the only politician who is wielding the big stick. Our sovereignty has been diluted but not dissapeared. We have the sovereign right to say no to Merkel's punitive terms.

jmcc

Fair dues to Noonan. At least the traitors in FF would never dare say such a thing to their buddies in Brussels.

Regards...jmcc

DuineEile

If we want to prove that we are not a colony we can do this the following.

1. Join the Schengen agreement. We only stay out of it because of the UK.

2. stop being linked to the in competitions against Europe. It doesn't have to be Britain and Ireland v Europe (Golf). No reason not to be Britain v Europe, with our sports people playing for Europe.

3. Drive on the right. Most countries do.

4. Set our time independently of Britain. We are naturally in the time zone to the left of GMT.

5. Stop copying their legislation. It causes more problems than it solves.

6. Stop allowing UK cases to be quoted in Irish courts when whatever principle being discussed is long established. It makes it seem like we are governed by UK law.

7. Stop importing their media to the point that Irish media is a very small minority in Ireland. It may seem natural but it isn't. You don't see Fair City or the Irish Times in the UK much.

When Fine Gael stop having their inferiority complex and start tackling the real issues of colonisation of the mind, come back to me.

Last edited:

Freedom front

Time to Save Ourselves

1. Default on Bank Debts & Bondholders
2. Leave the Euro
3. Bring back the Punt linked to the Pound
4. Introduce 6/12 month bankruptcy laws

Lets all work together, take the best decisions in the interests of the Irish people & create a better life for our People

Expatriot

How do you mean? Does it undermine the position of the Holy Trinity as the source of all authority and ultimate referee of all human endeavour? Does it obstruct the establishment of as many families as possible upon the land? Or does it require mothers to work outside the family home?

I just don't see the immediate connection.
It clearly says in the Dail tha budgets will be done annually and be started in the Dail. This is a four year budget written by foreigners. Totally un Constitutional. How in the name of God can the current government plan the next four years when it will not be in office in 4 weeks. They did not plan four months ahead when they had years to serve, now they demand to set the agenda for after they are wiped out. No thanks, that is not what the rules are. We wrote the rules and they cannot be changed by the EU or the government.

powderfinger

I don't know if the government knew what was going on. I doubt it.

But the result is the same. The deal will be signed and we will be told by FF or Fg or whoever that renegotiation is 'complicated'. Mark my words.
That prediction seems plausible WtB.

Goodbody

The irony of the past few weeks is discovering that our best friend in the world is the UK.

CorkHurler

Old Baldy is meeting President Barroso tomorrow, hopefully someone can help him with the pronunciation, he seems to think he is meeting someone called Barossa (as in Barossa Valley, Australia).

tempest

Interview with Noonan on front of FT today (paywall).

Google "Noonan vow" and it's the first news link.
FT.com / Europe - Noonan vow on Irish bail-out rate cut

Quote:

"We’re pointing out to our colleagues in Europe that if you keep forcing such an expensive solution on to Ireland, despite our best efforts, we may not be able to make it,” Mr Noonan said in an interview with the Financial Times."

"Mr Noonan said Ireland was “paying too much” on the money from the EFSF, which on Tuesday concluded its first bond auction. “They’ve charged at about 6 per cent and they’re borrowing at about 2.8 to 2.9 per cent. So there’s 300-310 basis points of an add on. Even if you were privately borrowing, that’s a hefty management charge,” he said"

He pointed out Hungary, Latvia and Romania, outside the eurozone, were borrowing from the EU for balance of payments support at 2.55 per cent.

Mr Noonan insisted that Ireland “is not going to default on anything. Ireland pays its way. That’s the first principle with Fine Gael in government.”

But on the money lent by private sector bondholders to Irish banks he said a new government would seek to renegotiate the terms of those senior bonds not covered by a 2008 government guarantee. “There’s about €15bn out there which in the Irish context is a lot of money,” he said.

He said he did not expect Ireland to have to restructure foreign debt, officially set to peak at 106 per cent of gross domestic product in 2012. But he added that would depend on growth in the economy."

Noonan said the IMF were more of a friend to us than the ECB????!!!!

Does this man know nothing about the history of the IMF and how they screw poor countries??? And Noonan could be our future Finance Minister? That is very very scary.

Noonan is all talk, and no action. It's all for show before election time.
Look at the interest rates being charged and re-evaluate your statement. Don't be blinded by party politics, this debt is bigger than all that

grassroots

Old Baldy is meeting President Barroso tomorrow, hopefully someone can help him with the pronunciation, he seems to think he is meeting someone called Barossa (as in Barossa Valley, Australia).
What is the correct pronunciation of Barroso when you are prostrate in front of him, bowing and scraping like a vassal.

Top Bottom