Noonan not looking for debt relief

Clanrickard

It might be difficult but if you don't ask you don't get. Noonan is not not even going to bother...........
Noonan rules out seeking more debt relief

This line cracked me up, and not in a good way........:mad:
“We’ve got what we wanted. No one would look for direct recapitalisation now because the issues have moved on and I’ll remind you we got not only extension of maturities on two occasions, and reduced interest rates but we refinanced with the IMF as well.”
Well we are only paying 6 billion in repayments as opposed to 11 but what is 5 billion? Is this man so out of touch or is this a suck up the Germans move. At the very least the proportion relating to Anglo should talked about.

Catalpast

It might be difficult but if you don't ask you don't get. Noonan is not not even going to bother...........

Well we are only paying 6 billion in repayments as opposed to 11 but what is 5 billion? Is this man so out of touch or is this a suck up the Germans move. At the very least the proportion relating to Anglo should talked about.
I think in fairness to the man he achieved a good deal on a truly lousy hand

- but we are still up to our necks in it if the World Economy goes through another financial Storm

- he's winging it

- but we are still airborne...:cool:

Just....:?

Eire1976

Considering the fact that the government has a legal case against Mr Drumm, we were duped into covering debt that was much more than told, why should we be paying for it.

Catalpast

Considering the fact that the government has a legal case against Mr Drumm, we were duped into covering debt that was much more than told, why should we be paying for it.
Because the State accepted the liabilities of a bankrupt bank

Absolute Madness as I stated on the site the day it was announced

But in International Law we are then liable

There is not really that much we can do after that to avoid ultimate payment other than extend the time period and negotiate better loan packages to pay our way through it all

'Burn the Bondholders' sounds great

- but economically suicidal

TBH Default is still a very real possibility if we face another crash

That is in the lap of the Gods

- and the Bankers...:|

Sister Mercedes

He looked jaded walking into the meeting. Like someone in a nursing home woken up for their tea.

Zapped(CAPITALISMROTS)

Twitter
daxxdrake
That's easy to say

- but what would you have done or do differently

- that would keep the Economy afloat

The threat of us joining with Greece and others back then in a bloc to get better terms should have being at least tried!
- and stave off a Default?

Dub01

What are FF going to do about it?

RodShaft

Watcher2

That's easy to say

- but what would you have done or do differently

- that would keep the Economy afloat

- and stave off a Default?
We should have enforce the risk the bond holders took at the time of their investment in the banks. The private debts in the banks should not have been converted to public debt. Capitalism should have won out.

RasherHash

True the man's an idiot.

The politicians get rich while the poor and needy they're supposed to look after get screwed once more :(

Watcher2

Didn't Greece have far more problems than us? Structurally we were in a better position than them. We were better placed to capitalise on the rebound of the likes of the U.S. And the UK, and the global recovery. We also have better tax collection structures. And our public sector was never as bloated as Greeces, no?

RodShaft

RasherHash

I don't think he will be there in months TBH

- 12 hour days at 72 is not good for the ol ticker....
Aside from the damage that the blueshirts and their petty Thatcherite policies are doing on the weak and poor, it's a scandal that old codgers like this hang on to big salaries when half a dozen college leavers could make a decent living from it.

johnnypockets

We owe more per capita. And we are claiming to be out of the woods, when in fact we haven't even entered them...
We have greater ability to repay. We are in better shape than Greece. Who says we are out of the woods?

wedwood

How quick people forget, that FG were told by the EU that there'd be no renegotiation of the bank 'deal' FF and the Troika saddled us with. Instead, FG managed to 'achieve' a restructuring of the bank debts that mean we pay less over a longer period of time plus interest. It all means that Noonan negotiated 'breathing space' for the Irish Public finances by agreeing to pay more over a longer period of time.

Don't bother to get your knickers in a twist on this, just make sure your grandkids get a job so they can pay off the rest of this debt forced onto the Irish people by FF.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies