Noonan throwing his weight around re Project Eagle.

im axeled

did paul diether give the baldy git a bit of us info in exchange for his vulture fund being head hunted into irleland and then recieving charitable status, his money geathering efforts should realise that there are no pockets in a habit

EUrJokingMeRight

NAMA was set up by Lenihan,enshrouded by secrecy ring fenced from political interference. It was wanted to make money and pay off as much as they could-at a time when prices were at rock bottom. Now they are being judged on recovery prices.
Anyone who defends NAMA is an enemy of the people of Ireland and free market capitalism.

im axeled

Michael 'Hannibal Lecter' Noonan, skinning the Irish people to make suits for his vulture cronies since 2011.

In between ignoring the rape of intellectually disabled children and chasing dying women through the courts.
karma is a bitch, he will also die, then hopefully as is said in limerick, he will meet his maker

Disillusioned democrat

What baffles me about Noonan is why - what has driven him to be so obviously "anti" citizen.

Does he believe in the ideology that "corporate" wealth is inherently better for society than personal wealth - which isn't apparent given that he also helps them avoid tax OR is he driven by personal greed/inferiority?

Disillusioned democrat

It's beginning to feel a lot like 2010 all over again.

The government is weak and in a complete jock with tribunals and inquiries into their incompetence and (alleged) corruption.

The citizens of Ireland have performed admirably since 2010 - enduring harsh austerity and crap services and pulling ourselves out of the FF caused ooze, yet this is the best our government could give us? It's pathetic.

I imagine in any other country in Western Europe once the number of inquiries into a MoF sleaze topped 3 there would be a rapid exit to early retirement, but here it's just handed out with a two finger wave at the citizens who pick up the tab.

Prester Jim

When we needed a strong Minister of Finance 2011-2016 he stood up to the plate.

Did he get everything right like the doomsters of p.ie ?

Weren`t they predicting Property Crash 2 :)
That is brewing up nicely, it might be years before the bubble bursts or Brexit and the unexpected may precipitate it earlier, you're profiteering off the housing /homeless crisis so are hardly going to be negative about Noonan now are you?
To be clear it was FF who put the NAMA framework in so they have a very large chunk of the blame for all that, but Noonan has had the benefit of seeing the absolute fnckup that they made of things and he and the rest of the crony capitalist rogues in FG have very deliberately let the current crisis (that is costing lives) build up. FG and Labour bear much of the blame for letting this crisis come about, it could easily have been prevented with assertive action, the path through the crisis has been clear for years and they deliberately stepped onto the path of exacerbating the crisis, inflating the market, allowing the banks to financially rape the citizens and leav the way clear for the rotten wood developers who should have been allowed to fail, to return triumphantly while on the public payroll.
FG have been as economically treacherous as FF before them and the lynchpin in all of that treachery is Noonan, a man that a gansgter would pick on past history if he had an innocent person to destroy.

im axeled

the baldy git reminds us of a bad dog, a dog who bites the hand that feeds it (f.failures), a dog who attacks its owner (f.failures)

Prester Jim

What baffles me about Noonan is why - what has driven him to be so obviously "anti" citizen.

Does he believe in the ideology that "corporate" wealth is inherently better for society than personal wealth - which isn't apparent given that he also helps them avoid tax OR is he driven by personal greed/inferiority?
He is a FGer, they are Ireland's Tories and despite all the soft noised some of them make, they are a party that puts inherited wealth above other considerations. The established order where the rich remain rich and the poor know their place is their favoured situation.
I don't know why so many people vote for a party that clearly has aims against their own interests but it is a mystery that is repeated in all the major democracies and all the minor that I have knowledge of.

Boy M5

I wasn't aware of that TBH.

Noonan seems to believe the role of the Irish peasant is still to serve his/her betters.
I've always likened him to the "Squire" Danaher character in the Quiet Man. He's townland "quality" who demands respect, bullies and blusters those that are weaker than him but doffs his cap from the foreigner, who must be better than him.

Of course Noonan was craven to Trump, Walsh's Spanish & UK backers, the Vulture funds, whilst bashing us.
He also bashed the Greeks when they were down- that was shameful.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies