• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Noonan to be dropped in cabinet reshuffle?

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
Lots of rumours floating around Limerick in the last few days on the future of Finance Minister Michael Noonan. It was widely speculated in 2011 that it would be his last General Election, but having been given the Finance portfolio, many thought he would run again. However after the Water Board fiasco (400 jobs down the drain as Limerick loses out - Local Business - Limerick Leader) and Noonan going to ground, it appears that Noonan may be replaced in the cabinet reshuffle, which Kenny says won't happen until next year and that Noonan will then spend his remaining year or so in the Dail, on the back benches.

Is this Varadkar's chance of a promotion and what would be the implications for FG's two seats in Limerick City?

Dublin 4

Shatty is hardly playin a blinder either...

cillian32

Hang on ...Didnt Noonan just get us the "best deal " anyone could have got? This man should get a promotion to chief bull$hitter.

Socratus O' Pericles

It's all rumours tho' -unfortunately:cry:

Bea C

At least Willie O'Dea will be back in cabinet next time :)

Grey Area

A chance for Frank Feighan to shine? :D

corelli

If he goes it will be because he is approaching 70 years of age and, one imagines, is absolutely shattered, given the pressures of his present job. NO WAY Enda would dump him if he wanted to stay. He is one of the best in Cabinet, take what you want out of that.

I always thought when the Troika are given the road that he would gracefully return to the back benches and give the younger ones their head.

BrightDay

If this story turns sour he won't be there to reshuffle next year.

ECB will examine promissory note deal 'further' - RTÉ News

This comes after the German governing council member and Bundesbank chief Jens Weidmann said Ireland's promissory note transaction comes dangerously close to contravening a ban on the monetary financing of governments.

He said the ECB will re-examine the issue and "has to make sure that its actions are in conformity with its rules and statutes".

SeanieFitz

Big surprise.
can't tell if you being sarcastic or not due to the absence of :roll:

However I do admire the man and appreciate his bluntness, i accept he can put his foot in it on occasion but he is a refreshing change from the usual public relations spin doctor controlled waffle

Bea C

I remember nearly a decade ago being in Buswells, plastered (so I don't remember too well?), going up to Michael and telling him how cool I thought he was.
I have to admit to always having liked him too!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies