Noonan watch: why is he hanging on to the 2nd June when the FG race is already over?

Congalltee

Leo V has 46 parliamentary party supporters. It's all over bar the voting.

Simon C needs a huge win from councillors and members. He's hoping for a defectors. He was going to sensibly pull out but Michael Noonan phoned him to hang in there.

Coveney digs in after Noonan call - Independent.ie

What is Noonan's angle?
It's hardly to increase their pensions.
It could be because a leadership contest is good publicity for FG.

But is it more likely to do with the sale of AIB shares (and defy a Dail motion in the process)?
What other decisions will he do in the meantime?
Who gains? (we can guess who loses).

*replaces tinfoil hat*

Eoin Coir

New leader will appoint his own in a few weeks, so why change now and have new minister for a fortnight ?

Disillusioned democrat

Personally, I think it's 'cos he still needs to make sure AIB price set "correctly"...but that's just my opinion.

SamsonS

Simon C needs a huge win from councillors and members. He's hoping for a defectors. He was going to sensibly pull out but Michael Noonan phoned him to hang in there.

What is Noonan's angle?

But is it more likely to do with the sale of AIB shares (and defy a Dail motion in the process)?

*replaces tinfoil hat*
Well you could look at this from a different pov, Coveney stays in the race and loses but puts up a good show. FG gets a bounce from Leo as leader in polls, but that evaporates after a spell, election called, FG come back lower than FF, grassroots blame Leo and we picked the wrong man.....................

Not sure why you think its to do with the AIB shares - for Noonan, what would be the political advantage? If its a financial gain, then your suggesting he has to gain personally from this, then why say he was stepping down nw, couldn't he have stayed shtum until after the IPO was set in train, and let the winner know on June 2nd he was heading for retirement?

That dail motion last week, FG too giddy with the leadership battle to block it, but DOF have said the position is unchanged, its going on debt reduction.

hiding behind a poster

What is Noonan's angle?

*replaces tinfoil hat*
It's hard to figure who your problem is with, is it Coveney or Noonan?

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
I think he's throwing out a line to Coveney. He was probably asked to hold off on endorsing Coveney until it was likely (in the opinion of the Coveney camp) to make its maximum impact.

The alternative explanation is that there's an agreed choreography for the departure and replacement and that Varadkar's effectively shortcircuited that choreography thanks to his early succcess.

There may indeed be a few things in Noonan's in-box that he'd like to have in his out-box before Varadkar puts Pascal or whoever behind his big desk.

I don't know much about the timing of the AIB sell-off or about Varadkar's or Pascal's attitude to it.

Can anyone clarify whether cutting off the campaign would make a difference to it?

hiding behind a poster

Hep C Noonan.
Read the title of the thread
It's not your OP, I'm asking the OP. He says Noonan in the title, but in the OP itself he seems to be giving out about Coveney.

By the way "Hep C Noonan" just makes you sound like an idiot. You'd think he went round the country infecting people with it, the way you people go on.

JCR

I would say Noonan prefers Coveney and thinks he may be able to turn it around by appealing to the culchies same as Kenny did.

Shure hasn't Simon has even done the whole dem above in Dublin thing already to be shure?

Jack O Neill

It's not your OP, I'm asking the OP. He says Noonan in the title, but in the OP itself he seems to be giving out about Coveney.

By the way "Hep C Noonan" just makes you sound like an idiot. You'd think he went round the country infecting people with it, the way you people go on.

noonan gave no one hep c , but he tortured a dying woman and her family and if there was a hell he would rot in it , as there isn't i hope his retirement is short and his death slow and painful

bmw1

noonan gave no one hep c , but he tortured a dying woman and her family and if there was a hell he would rot in it , as there isn't i hope his retirement is short and his death slow and painful
Your a very negative creature . Did aliens interfere with you or something ,,You may want to talk to a psychologist or an obstetrician or somebody before its too late;

Pathetic w**k stain

Nesuno

Your a very negative creature . Did aliens interfere with you or something ,,You may want to talk to a psychologist or an obstetrician or somebody before its too late;

Pathetic w**k stain

Rich coming from FG cheerleader.

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
A message from a non-FG cheerleader:

This post is both childish and disgusting.

McDave

What is Noonan's angle?

*replaces tinfoil hat*
What's the matter? Can't wait a measly couple of weeks?

Don't be such an ass.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies