• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Norah Casey as a possible runner in the next election?

rapparree

I think that it there is a high possibility that Norah Casey will be approached to run as a candidate by one of the major parties in the next election

1. She's a 'celebrity'

2. She's a woman

3. Her husband died there recently(remember mary hanafin and the sympathy vote)

4. With her previous spot on dragons den and current slot on newstalk she certainly doesnt shy away from the public eye

therefore, I would not be surprised at all if she was asked by ff or fg to run for one of them

Any thoughts on this prediction?

Fr.Ted Crilly

I think that it there is a high possibility that Norah Casey will be approached to run as a candidate by one of the major parties in the next election

1. She's a 'celebrity'

2. She's a woman

4. With her previous spot on dragons den and current slot on newstalk she certainly doesnt shy away from the public eye

therefore, I would not be surprised at all if she was asked by ff or fg to run for one of them

Yea, April fools is over.:p

Irish National member

1. She's a 'celebrity'

2. She's a woman

i think your point no.1 is where it falls down, this obsession some people have of getting celebrities into politics doesnt work imo. I have nothing against the lady i actually like her show but that doesnt always transfer into a good politician, not that we have a lot of them either.

Ribeye

Mods, please delete this thread before somebody sees the OP and starts getting ideas,

Ryan Tubbs

She's been pretty stinging in her criticism of FF, as recently as the Fiscal Treaty campaign. So a run for FF doesn't seem too likely. She also mentioned recently that her business interests are under some pressure so running for the Dail will hardly be high on her list of priorities

jackryan

In fairness to Hanafin she was elected well before her hubby died!

As regards Casey unlikely she'd probably have to take a pay cut.

Ribeye

i think your point no.1 is where it falls down, this obsession some people have of getting celebrities into politics doesnt work imo. I have nothing against the lady i actually like her show but that doesnt always transfer into a good politician, not that we have a lot of them either.
You like her show????

Her and that Dalkey dipstick, telling you what to think,

Sufferin cats,

rapparree

She's been pretty stinging in her criticism of FF, as recently as the Fiscal Treaty campaign. So a run for FF doesn't seem too likely. She also mentioned recently that her business interests are under some pressure so running for the Dail will hardly be high on her list of priorities
maybe not ff so, if her business interests are in trouble it may not be out of the realm of thinking she would be susceptible to another means of income by the time the next election rolls round in 2016

Fr.Ted Crilly

maybe not ff so, if her business interests are in trouble it may not be out of the realm of thinking she would be susceptible to another means of income by the time the next election rolls round in 2016
It's all we need though, isn't it?
Another failed businessperson in Dail Eireann.

rapparree

In fairness to Hanafin she was elected well before her hubby died!

As regards Casey unlikely she'd probably have to take a pay cut.
was thinking mainly on the 2007 election on that one, admittedly on anecdotal evidence

theres always a crowd who'll give the sympathy vote 'oh the poor woman, sure her husband died there a few years ago'

Fr.Ted Crilly

theres always a crowd who'll give the sympathy vote 'oh the poor woman, sure her husband/father died there a few years ago'
It worked last week for FG!

rapparree

It's all we need though, isn't it?
Another failed businessperson in Dail Eireann.
Of course not. i certainly wouldnt support a run from the likes of her, I just think theres a confluence of factors that may make her a broadly attractive general election candidate

Boy M5

I have asked before, how well is Harmonia doing? If the publisher of national papers are in examinership, how well is a publisher of magazines doing?
What exactly are Harmonia's titles?

tigerben

Norah Casey would run a egg n spoon race if she thought it would get her noticed!

damus

I have asked before, how well is Harmonia doing? If the publisher of national papers are in examinership, how well is a publisher of magazines doing?
What exactly are Harmonia's titles?
Tatler is one. You can look at Harmonia's accounts on the CRO website.