• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Norah Casey...?

spidermom

Thought we had a thread on her starting with Newstalk breakfast show,but cannot seem to find it.
With Mid term and work and other bits and bobs have not listened much to early morning radio this week but see that RTE are running ads for some class of awful afternoon drivel and she is featured??

Has she left Newstalk??
Or is she running Harmonia....and
Still in Newstalk and in RTE at the same time....and
On the National Paediatric Developement Board...????

Busy lady..!!
She's "alright" in the morning..but have to say they are noticably absent at reading out texts against the Mater Hopsital Site while she's been there. I know...cos I have sent a few!
:(

damus

She was on what's his name on Sat. and apparently she's co-hosting more afternoon drivel during the week along with Daithi, Blaithnaid and Maura from down in Cork. Just caught a glimpse that Gaybo had her on the meaning of life also.

I've never met a national broadcaster who keeps regurgitating the same owl cronies over and over again.

spidermom

Aye...not that I watch the Meaning of Life....dribble...as opposed to drivel!!
But definitely avoided tonight!!

She gone from newstalk so??........

cabledude

Have to say I don't listen to Breakfast on Newstalk all that much since Norah Casey started alongside Chris Donaghue full time. I don't know what it is, I just don't like her. But what p's me off about her is that every second sentence out of her mouth begins with 'Well now, in my business'. We know you have a business Norah. Bully for you. The country is full of business owners just like you. Facing the same difficulties and getting on with it. But they don't start, continue and end every business with 'Well now, In .......Bla'

A good enough presenter. I just don't 'Get' her. Until Yeats comes back make Shane Coleman permanent. Let Norah go back to running her business

cabledude

No. She's still there unfortunately

spidermom

"I'M a business woman"
"I'm a nurse"
"I'm a mother"...

Oh fe*k off Norah..is there anything you are NOT..maybe..perhaps....?????
Have to say I don't listen to Breakfast on Newstalk all that much since Norah Casey started alongside Chris Donaghue full time. I don't know what it is, I just don't like her. But what p's me off about her is that every second sentence out of her mouth begins with 'Well now, in my business'. We know you have a business Norah. Bully for you. The country is full of business owners just like you. Facing the same difficulties and getting on with it. But they don't start, continue and end every business with 'Well now, In .......Bla'

A good enough presenter. I just don't 'Get' her. Until Yeats comes back make Shane Coleman permanent. Let Norah go back to running her business

Deep Blue

She was on what's his name on Sat. and apparently she's co-hosting more afternoon drivel during the week along with Daithi, Blaithnaid and Maura from down in Cork. Just caught a glimpse that Gaybo had her on the meaning of life also.

I've never met a national broadcaster who keeps regurgitating the same owl cronies over and over again.

Caught a bit while awaiting TWIP. She was speaking about her husband's illness and she is obviously deep in grief over his death.

I didn't want the nitty gritty details of his last moments so switched rather than give her space in my head.

A bit like Brendan O'Connor, these people seem to think unhappy life events are unique to them.

Personal tragedy should be just that; I have to admire the British stiff upper lip sometimes, we have become completely emotionally incontinent here, 'sharing' everything in public.

To be fair to her, RTE did invite her and she obliged...

storybud1

Give me Norah over Chris liberal (pro abortion/Gay rights, every bleedin day) Donaghue,

Norah is there because magazines are over, she is a smart cookie and silly glossies are in decline. Broadcasting in Ireland is bereft of talent and is full of lefty smug eejits who are just soooo boring and offer no answers.

damus

Unfortunately no....but I don't have to suffer cos I don't listen to Newstalk anymore :). Is Norah a nurse cos she doesn't seem to be on our register, but there's one person registered with the NMC who happens to be based in Glasgow....I wonder is that her? If that's her, I wonder how she's managing to complete her CPL and prep standard practice to renew her registration every three years?

damus

Caught a bit while awaiting TWIP. She was speaking about her husband's illness and she is obviously deep in grief over his death.

I didn't want the nitty gritty details of his last moments so switched rather than give her space in my head.

A bit like Brendan O'Connor, these people seem to think unhappy life events are unique to them.

Personal tragedy should be just that; I have to admire the British stiff upper lip sometimes, we have become completely emotionally incontinent here, 'sharing' everything in public.

I can't understand it myself....it's like Brian and Pippa considering doing a reality programme to share her pregnancy with us all. My first thought was big deal....then it was you'd swear that she was the only woman to get pregnant and give birth.

democrat

Give me Casey any day before Donoghue - not sure is he in transition year or due to sit his Junior Cert next June?

dent

You have to wonder about someone who is supposed to be wealthy, doing every gig she can lay her hands on.....a bit like Ivan was.....

Pudna

Give me Norah over Chris liberal (pro abortion/Gay rights, every bleedin day) Donaghue,

Norah is there because magazines are over, she is a smart cookie and silly glossies are in decline. Broadcasting in Ireland is bereft of talent and is full of lefty smug eejits who are just soooo boring and offer no answers.
Chris seems to think we are interested in his simplistic views, limited experiences and poorly delivered personal stories. But it is still best morning current affairs (best of bad lot), I think Matt Cooper is best in evening.

mayoonmymind

Thought we had a thread on her starting with Newstalk breakfast show,but cannot seem to find it.
With Mid term and work and other bits and bobs have not listened much to early morning radio this week but see that RTE are running ads for some class of awful afternoon drivel and she is featured??

Has she left Newstalk??
Or is she running Harmonia....and
Still in Newstalk and in RTE at the same time....and
On the National Paediatric Developement Board...????

Busy lad
y..!!
She's "alright" in the morning..but have to say they are noticably absent at reading out texts against the Mater Hopsital Site while she's been there. I know...cos I have sent a few!

:([/QUO

Since Ivan Yeats left the morning show, things have tightened up public-comment wise.
Just try Jonathon Hayes in the afternoon. BLOCKED, unless you have something negative to say about the government and Enda Kenny in particular.
The bias in Newstalk is now on a par with Fox News.
Bring back Ivan, Eamon Keane and Damian Kiberd. At lease they were professional and had standards.

irish_bob

thought she came across as a phoney on that show gaybo presents , appeared to be grief stricken but it was noticable how not a tear was shed despite the trembling lip , a cold fish

Deep Blue

thought she came across as a phoney on that show gaybo presents , appeared to be grief stricken but it was noticable how not a tear was shed despite the trembling lip , a cold fish
You're correct, now I come to think of it.

A bit like the funerals where there's a whole lot of conspicuous sniffing going on but dry eyes.

You try to be generous in your assessment of mourners; but sadly, I happen to know that even if you're not a 'crier' normally,

the tears seem to come from nowhere.

Analyzer

"I'M a business woman"
"I'm a nurse"
"I'm a mother"...

Oh fe*k off Norah..is there anything you are NOT..maybe..perhaps....?????
"I'm not a politician".

Well, not in the occupational sense at least.

emulator

Never knew anything about her until I seen her on a debate before the "Stability" referendum.... don't care for her opinions or the way she puts them across. I'm glad I haven't bothered with the digital switchover....