Nordi wedding with a twist

silverharp

i dont know if this is a regular tradition at prod weddings and nobody thought it was worth uploading til now but assuming they have jobs they will fired by Monday, so many questions, if they get divorced will they still be cousins?
they will get their 15 of fame shortly :eek:

Sync

Props to navy shirt guy and red dress girl for having utterly unimpressed body language. Yeah you’d probably fire them wouldn’t you? Depends on the gig. Spoilers: neither of these people are doctors or scientists.

bang bang

Props to navy shirt guy and red dress girl for having utterly unimpressed body language. Yeah you’d probably fire them wouldn’t you? Depends on the gig. Spoilers: neither of these people are doctors or scientists.
It's hard to know what to say to that, I'd imagine they're from some loyalist shithole sink estate and as you say not rocket scientists.

amsterdemmetje

Its worse than appalling alright but why would you think anyone would be getting fired for such behaviour at a private function ?

Sync

It’s a broadcast featuring them where they’re insulting an entire religion. I can’t think of many companies or organisations who wouldn’t think falls outside their values.

amsterdemmetje

Yea right they will all be getting verbal warnings in the morning or maybe a straight up written one . Or a straight up P45 or whatever its equivalent is for Gross misconduct in North . Then again it's not down here where you'd have to gouge someone's eye out with a spoon to get sacked .

mr_anderson

Just remind the English that they're funding it to the tune of £10 billion a year.

Sync

Then again it's not down here where you'd have to gouge someone's eye out with a spoon to get sacked .
Depends. Did they use their employers spoon or bring their own? Tribunals view illegitimate use of company supplies very seriously.

silverharp

Apparently they’re public servants and she’s a nurse.

Best comment I saw was that there’s going to be a photo spread in Hello Hello magazine.
wow, if true, lurve to see how they spin this one to their colleagues. I hope they had their soup course, i'd guess some of the staff would have wanted to add some special flavoring to the pot otherwise

silverharp

Its worse than appalling alright but why would you think anyone would be getting fired for such behaviour at a private function ?
people get fired for posting stuff on their private social media, does private actually have a meaning these days?

silverharp

A video of a Belfast bride and groom repeatedly singing "f*** the Pope and the IRA" in front of wedding guests has caused shock and revulsion online.

The couple wed on Friday and were filmed entering the hotel reception room to cheering guests including children before breaking into a sectarian song to the tune of Tina Turner's hit Simply the Best.

More than 800,000 Twitter users had last night viewed the video featuring newlyweds Christopher 'Sid' Stevenson and Jennie Andrews belting out the song at the Loughshore Hotel, Carrickfergus.

The majority of viewers responded with fury, describing the video as sad, sick and embarrassing. "Bigotry and sectarianism at its best," said one social media user in one of the more printable responses.

The song was once used as an anthem by Johnny Adair and his UDA 'C Company' and is regularly adopted by loyalists.

In the video, some wedding guests can be seen enthusiastically dancing and joining in with the chanting as a number of young children look on in the hotel function room. As the pumping pop classic gets going, bride Jennie, in her flowing white bridal dress, struts along to the music and raises her hands in the air as she shouts "f*** the pope and the IRA".

Sync

I think seeing it makes a huge difference to the visceral reaction it garners. This being taped or just reported as having happened would barely be news.

It was the Ray Rice case in the US that really brought this into reality for my view. Big NFL player, he was arrested for punching his now wife and knocking her out. And he admitted it, was sentenced and admitted it to the NFL.

NFL gave him a 2 match ban. Then the video came out. And in that video, he did EXACTLY what he admitted to the court and the NFL that he did. But the reaction was a firestorm. He lost his contract (he went to court and was rightly rewarded basically its entire value), was unhirable, had to retire and the NFL changed their rules on DV.

Seeing it matters.

petaljam

Apparently they’re public servants and she’s a nurse.

Best comment I saw was that there’s going to be a photo spread in Hello Hello magazine.
Lol.

(Is it bigoted of me to hope she's a nurse at the Royal?)

Watcher2

I'm sorry, what's supposed to be happening? IO cant make out what is being chanted. Is it the chant?

Watcher2

people get fired for posting stuff on their private social media, does private actually have a meaning these days?
Social media is not private. Is the chant a firable offence? I don't believe it is. If they do their job, they are entitled to keep it.

petaljam

Social media is not private. Is the chant a firable offence? I don't believe it is. If they do their job, they are entitled to keep it.
It's about showing support for the UVF, an illegal paramilitary organisation known for murdering innocent civilians just for the crime of being Catholic. I imagine just singing the song is hardly illegal, but depending on what these two people's jobs are, it could make their positions very awkward for them or for their employers.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies