Nordi wedding with a twist

Glaucon

The faux outrage on here( from both sides) is merely point scoring bickering on the interweb playground and will do little harm or good to anywan, in short tis a bit of crack.

But the unfortunate reality is there are sections of both communities were bigotry and bias is ingrained, Now the majority on here would like to promote it as solely a PUL problem, the hypocritical irony of holding that view escapes most of them.

And there in lies the problem, if we are honest most people in NI are biased towards their own side, it's human nature, but letting the bias blind you to the faults of your own leads to joining the jerk circle...
If both sides share anything in common, it's sectarianism.

Emily Davison

How is it sectarian to say '**** the queen'? Necrophiliac perhaps.
If it's sectarian to say it about the Pope then it sure as heck is the same for the Queen. But whatever about being sectarian. It's very very childish. Much like the NI forums.

Glaucon

How I'd been to the Wolfe Tones in Siamsa Cois Laoi and you know what, I went with a gang of Southern protestants and all sorts. Which I'd forgotton about. Now I can't remember what was sung but maybe something that I wouldn't have noticed was contraversial at the time was. And I can remember Sundays in the Mean Fiddler in Harlsdone London. Where white Irish men would be aghst that I was living in such a black area. Willsdown Junction. The craic was mighty and I'm sure there was some songs that nowadays we might consider not ok. Twas wild to be sure in the Natioanl (in Cricklewood) I even went to some march in London too. And when I was younger I was in all sorts of situations where there would be singing as we were in the pub trade. Though until I've a full list of what is or is not koser I'm not fully au fait with exactly the ones not ok. But thank heavens we had no twitter than as we'd all be in jail for sure. And if not, then we'd be outted on p.ie.
Southern Protestants are completely integrated at this point (and those who aren't usually hide it or live right on the border). They can't be compared to Northern Protestants who are a totally different breed.

Se0samh

If it's sectarian to say it about the Pope then it sure as heck is the same for the Queen. But whatever about being sectarian. It's very very childish. Much like the NI forums.
Of course it is, but comparing football crowds with a wedding party is crass..like comparing granny smiths and seville oranges...

death or glory

between the bridges

Southern Protestants are completely integrated at this point (and those who aren't usually hide it or live right on the border). They can't be compared to Northern Protestants who are a totally different breed.

If ye mean they learnt to keep their heads down aye, tbh denying that the prods in ROI didn't have problems is similar BS to saying only Nordie PUL theums are bigots...

between the bridges

Thanks for all the love Droichead, but how about showing some self-respect and stop associating with one bunch of terrorists while fulminating about others...
Get back to moi whenever ye practice what ye preach...

Glaucon

If ye mean they learnt to keep their heads down aye, tbh denying that the prods in ROI didn't have problems is similar BS to saying only Nordie PUL theums are bigots...
Protestants had plenty of problems in the past. But in this day and age (save exceptions like those on the border), there's little or no cultural difference between Southern Protestants and Southern Catholics or atheists.

Emily Davison

Sorry now Bridges but there were problems. But there are no problems now that I know of. And I and mine mingle and mix a lot. I mean staying at each others houses, going to mixed schools, rugby matches, golf, everything. I lived in a town with a protestant church and we rented for a time from one of the Anglo Irish.

between the bridges

Protestants had plenty of problems in the past. But in this day and age (save exceptions like those on the border), there's little or no cultural difference between Southern Protestants and Southern Catholics or atheists.
I have family still in mexicantland (yez didn't manage to drive us all out!) and i'd disagree but granted there isn't the same tension there was, so we'll agree to disagree...

And moi forgot to call ye out on the different breed remark! yer some pup Pastor Glaucon!!

Emily Davison

Of course it is, but comparing football crowds with a wedding party is crass..like comparing granny smiths and seville oranges...
That may be your opinion but it's not mine. What exactly is the difference? How does it really make a difference where the song is chanted.

(which football event are we now discussing, just to be clear)

Emily Davison

I have family still in mexicantland (yez didn't manage to drive us all out!) and i'd disagree but granted there isn't the same tension there was, so we'll agree to disagree...

And moi forgot to call ye out on the different breed remark! yer some pup Pastor Glaucon!!
Is this near the border. I'd respectfully suggest that would be nearly a different country to the parts of Ireland I'm referring to. If it's not there I'd be very interested in what tension is there more south nowadays. That's a genuine question btw.

Se0samh

Get back to moi whenever ye practice what ye preach...
I don’t belong to any organisation that contains within it any convicted or yet to be convicted terrorists, you do, if you are to be believed, yet you are on here pointing the finger and moping...that’s the very definition of hypocritical bigotry...pitiable....

Baron von Biffo

Southern Protestants and Southern Catholics enjoy a superior constitutional status to that of Southern atheists.

between the bridges

I don’t belong to any organisation that contains within it any convicted or yet to be convicted terrorists, you do, if you are to be believed, yet you are on here pointing the finger and moping...that’s the very definition of hypocritical bigotry...pitiable....
Here Joe if ye don't like moi returning the serve, tough sh!te, you NEVER pull any CNR poster for being one sided instead you pat them on the back, ye big hypocrite.
Soooo instead of whinen about something ye totally support from yer own 'side'' stick me on ignore and stop stalking me on every fred begging for moi's attention...

Se0samh

That may be your opinion but it's not mine. What exactly is the difference? How does it really make a difference where the song is chanted.

(which football event are we now discussing, just to be clear)
Football is a competitive event that can bring out the worst in people, weddings are supposed to be a celebration of love, while the songs are equally sectarian, it is more shocking to display that bigotry in a supposedly celebratory event...the right comparison for bigotry at a football match is similar but differently focused bigotry at another football match...surprised that you can’t see that, it’s obvious to most I’d say..

between the bridges

Sorry now Bridges but there were problems. But there are no problems now that I know of. And I and mine mingle and mix a lot. I mean staying at each others houses, going to mixed schools, rugby matches, golf, everything. I lived in a town with a protestant church and we rented for a time from one of the Anglo Irish.
Sorry Emily but there still are problems whether you know of them or not is neither here nor there! But as i said to Pastor Glaucon granted there isn't the same tension there was, so we'll agree to disagree...

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies