Nordi wedding with a twist

Se0samh

Here Joe if ye don't like moi returning the serve, tough sh!te, you NEVER pull any CNR poster for being one sided instead you pat them on the back, ye big hypocrite.
Soooo instead of whinen about something ye totally support from yer own 'side'' stick me on ignore and stop stalking me on every fred begging for moi's attention...
But you aren’t returning the serve are you, you’re just making accusations up without any backing evidence, I have a long history on this forum, yet you’ve never found a bigoted post, or one supportive of any terrorist organisation nor am I a member of any organisation that contains any type of terrorist whether former or active...you simply cannot say the same, you do, by your own admission, belong to a so-called loyal order, that does contain within it, convicted sectarian gangsters of the vilest sort. That is hypocritical, trying to reflect that on to me is doubly so...

between the bridges

But you aren’t returning the serve are you, you’re just making accusations up without any backing evidence, I have a long history on this forum, yet you’ve never found a bigoted post, or one supportive of any terrorist organisation nor am I a member of any organisation that contains any type of terrorist whether former or active...you simply cannot say the same, you do, by your own admission, belong to a so-called loyal order, that does contain within it, convicted sectarian gangsters of the vilest sort. That is hypocritical, trying to reflect that on to me is doubly so...
We'll keep it simple (just for ye) Joey are ye still voting for SF/IRA?

Have you ever pulled a CNR poster for posting one sided stuff?

Balls in yer court now dear...

oleoleole

Protestants had plenty of problems in the past. But in this day and age (save exceptions like those on the border), there's little or no cultural difference between Southern Protestants and Southern Catholics or atheists.
Outside of the border areas I would mainly agree. Most people cannot tell anymore. Lack of interest in the GAA might be a give-away.

Some people keep their support for Rangers secret. The Dublin supporters club still meet in secret.

between the bridges

Were'd Joe go?...

raetsel

Are all of the above not a sign of a deep division in Northern society that needs to be sorted out.

That by the fact we know about it and can highlight it, is that a sign of progress.

And mostly, aren't they all of a much of a muchness.
What you guys from NI call themuns and thisuns. And am I and others really going to get our nickers in a twist because some idiot on a bus or at a wedding sang a song to insult someone somewhere. And someone somewhere was insulted.

Franky I'm more insulted by the muppet in the White House and the other one Pole dancing in No. 10.
1) Yes.
2) Progress? Good God, no.
3)Yes.
4) I am too. I post on those topics as well.

I'm not particularly bothered by this episode by the way. I did say that they shouldn't (and likely wouldn't be sacked) anyway. My argument was about employers' rights in a general sense and the fact that rights already exist, both north and south. And I proved that to be the case.
I was far more occupied by the southern libertarian bullsh1tters, arguing that people should have an absolute right to behave deplorably and not have to answer to their employers if it brings the latter into disrepute.
Of course I'm well aware that more often that not, the posturing on show here is usually a proxy for an agenda much closer to home i.e. promoting the right to be racist bigots as well.......................:)
There was another parallel argument being made, to the same effect on the "Dublin Says No To Hate" thread earlier today.

raetsel

Moi too! so how many posts on this subject is it now? Consider this if it had of been the other ''side'' we would have been lucky to see wan post from you, does that nat tell ye something about yerself...

Cue waffle about having to explain things to ahem southerns...
If you had brains you'd have read this thread to find out what I was actually arguing about, you'd have learned that very little of my comment concerned the couple concerned.
What I did say was that their behaviour was deplorable, but that if they were public employees they would likely be disciplined but that they shouldn't or wouldn't be sacked. At that point the debate became a general argument about the right of employers to discipline employees for outside behaviour which affects the company, both in NI and in the Republic, i.e. it moved away from sectarian issues into something far more generalised.
Bridget I'm getting the distinct impression that you're only cross with me because I derailed the thread from being the sort of toxic sectarian bunfight that you just love, into a more abstract debate about the rights of employers versus employees. But then for someone who has probably never held down a job in his life I can understand how that topic might bore you.. :)

death or glory

If you had brains you'd have read this thread to find out what I was actually arguing about. You'd have learned for a start that very little of my comment was about the coule concerned.
What I did say was that their behaviour was deplorable, but that if they were public employees they would likely be disciplined but that they shouldn't or wouldn't be sacked. At that point the debate became a general argument about the right of employers to discipline employees for outside behaviour which affects the company, both in NI and in the Republic, i.e. it moved away from sectarian issues into something far more generalised.
Bridget I'm getting the distinct impression that you're only cross with me because I derailed the thread from being the sort of toxic sectarian bunfight that you just love, into a more abstract debate about the rights of employers versus employees. But then for someone who has never held down a job in his life I can understand how that topic might bore them. :)
Ooh so bitchy.
Why do you need to tell people you are putting them on ignore.
Just do it coz it makes you look silly when you later reply to their posts.

Mickeymac

If you had brains you'd have read this thread to find out what I was actually arguing about, you'd have learned that very little of my comment concerned the couple concerned.
Bridget I'm getting the distinct impression that you're only cross with me because I derailed the thread from being the sort of toxic sectarian bunfight that you just love, into a more abstract debate about the rights of employers versus employees. But then for someone who has probably never held down a job in his life I can understand how that topic might bore you.. :)

I get the impression raetsel that our resident sectarian bigot knows much of what you have posted is true......but...….he will never admit it.

Same could be said also of his jerk circle.....unfortunately sir.

Emily Davison

Football is a competitive event that can bring out the worst in people, weddings are supposed to be a celebration of love, while the songs are equally sectarian, it is more shocking to display that bigotry in a supposedly celebratory event...the right comparison for bigotry at a football match is similar but differently focused bigotry at another football match...surprised that you can’t see that, it’s obvious to most I’d say..
Clearly I’m not getting the difference between a celebration of love versus men in love with soccer. Must be a nuance of the sectarian genre. I was in Barcelona once when they played Madrid. I wouldn’t recommend it.

Emily Davison

Sorry Emily but there still are problems whether you know of them or not is neither here nor there! But as i said to Pastor Glaucon granted there isn't the same tension there was, so we'll agree to disagree...
Now Bridges I’m very much am not agreeing to disagree. Not when my experience, especially since my late teens, is entirely the opposite of what you’re saying. So I think you should explain yourself. You can’t just leave it hanging there in such vagueness.

omgsquared

Lol.

(Is it bigoted of me to hope she's a nurse at the Royal?)
a classy bunch no doubt, The sooner the south realizes that nothing has changed the better/, We should be providing state aid for shooting clubs, investing in the the DF and preparing for the doomsday situation that will happen if we Taigs are not prepared.
Imagine a nurse behaving like that,

Marcella

The hotel issued a strong statement defending its staff non intervention.

No mention in their statement about the duty of care they have to their staff. Hotel management sat back and allowed Catholic staff members be subject to sectarian attack.

I’ve heard the bride in question ( a nurse) has been dismissed from her position. A wholly justified outcome as no Catholic patient or family could trust such a woman to look after them or one of their family.

Glaucon

The hotel issued a strong statement defending its staff non intervention.

No mention in their statement about the duty of care they have to their staff. Hotel management sat back and allowed Catholic staff members be subject to sectarian attack.
Would you ask your staff to intervene while drunken wedding guests are singing sectarian songs? The risks of violence are obvious.

I’ve heard the bride in question ( a nurse) has been dismissed from her position. A wholly justified outcome as no Catholic patient or family could trust such a woman to look after them or one of their family.
If she has a history of such sectarianism, fine. Sacking her merely on the basis of a drunken outburst at a wedding with no chance to make amends is more than questionable. Giving people the chance to reform is essential. No-one in NI is completely free from sectarianism.

irish_bob

Southern Protestants are completely integrated at this point (and those who aren't usually hide it or live right on the border). They can't be compared to Northern Protestants who are a totally different breed.
Anglicanism and Presbyterianism are like chalk and cheese

Glenshane4

Sacking her merely on the basis of a drunken outburst at a wedding with no chance to make amends is more than questionable.
Have her Catholic patients no right to feel safe when dealing with the Health Service?

Glenshane4

Imagine a nurse behaving like that,
The nursing profession in Northern Ireland has always been loaded with anti-Catholics. Likewise the medical profession. In 1989, a Fair Employment Agency investigation of Queens University, Belfast produced the telling statistic about its medical faculty. A ratio of Protestants to Catholics of 80 to 1. Yes EIGHTY.

Glaucon

The nursing profession in Northern Ireland has always been loaded with anti-Catholics. Likewise the medical profession. In 1989, a Fair Employment Agency investigation of Queens University, Belfast produced the telling statistic about its medical faculty. A ratio of Protestants to Catholics of 80 to 1. Yes EIGHTY.
Do you ask nurses if they are Protestant before you let them treat you? Wind your neck in GS.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies