Nordi wedding with a twist

Glenshane4

At that point the debate became a general argument about the right of employers to discipline employees for outside behaviour which affects the company, both in NI and in the Republic, i.e. it moved away from sectarian issues into something far more generalised.
Eire "Liberals" have not been consistent on this issue.

When Tommy Doherty, the manager of Manchester United football club, was sacked for having an affair with the physio's wife, none of our Eire "Liberals" jumped to his defense even though there was no evidence that he had been bonking on the Company's premises or during his working hours.

When Glen Hoddle was sacked from his job as manager of the England soccer team for saying in public that disabled people are disabled because they are being punished for misdeeds done in an earlier life, none of our Eire "Liberals" jumped to his defence.

If a teacher in a Jewish school in London were sacked for his having taken part in a Nazi march through London, it is unlikely that any Eire "Liberals" would jump to his defence. A few years ago, two Irish international footballers lost their places on the team because of behaviour totally unrelated to football, there was no outcry from the Eire "Liberals."

When the Ulster Council of the GAA expelled its former full-time Secretary for behaviour totally unrelated to the GAA, there was no outcry from the "Liberals" of Eire.

Glenshane4

Do you ask nurses if they are Protestant before you let them treat you? Wind your neck in GS.
Wind your own neck in. Are you questioning the right of Catholics to feel safe when undergoing medical treatment? Would you expect Jews to be comfortable when treated by a nurse who is a Nazi?

Itsalaugh

While I described the wedding as hate filled a few days back, I really viewed it with as an 'oh my god - no bloody way could these people be real' hilarity, and I wondered was the song and chanting not more sourced from Nortie Iron football fan culture than any devotion to loyalist paramilitaries. So losing her job is a bit too much imho. Alot of people who attend republican commorative rallies are in the nursing profession. An aunt of mine a nurse, now retired, was photographed in An Phoblacht, at a a Loughgall Martys gatbering. You can bet your life on it that duppers will reciprocate if the opportunity arises. I really see this couple as much a victim as East Tyrone rebels of the tragic polarisation the poisonous Brit imperialists becreed on Ireland more than a century back to thwart the rising irredentist spirit. Letsgetalongerists like Raetsel following in the McGrady and Seamus Mallon after he conned South Armagh he was a soft relublican seem to prefer being sanctinomious towards the long suffering communities rather than attacking the origins of the poison that wrought such devastating havoc on our isle.

raetsel

Eire "Liberals" have not been consistent on this issue.

When Tommy Doherty, the manager of Manchester United football club, was sacked for having an affair with the physio's wife, none of our Eire "Liberals" jumped to his defense even though there was no evidence that he had been bonking on the Company's premises or during his working hours.

When Glen Hoddle was sacked from his job as manager of the England soccer team for saying in public that disabled people are disabled because they are being punished for misdeeds done in an earlier life, none of our Eire "Liberals" jumped to his defence.

If a teacher in a Jewish school in London were sacked for his having taken part in a Nazi march through London, it is unlikely that any Eire "Liberals" would jump to his defence. A few years ago, two Irish international footballers lost their places on the team because of behaviour totally unrelated to football, there was no outcry from the Eire "Liberals."

When the Ulster Council of the GAA expelled its former full-time Secretary for behaviour totally unrelated to the GAA, there was no outcry from the "Liberals" of Eire.
I'm surprised at you, G4. You seem to be confusing liberals and libertarians.
Anyway, being old enough to remember Tommy Docherty, his sacking was at least as much to do with his team's performance on the pitch as with his own performance under the sheets with Mrs. Brown. He had another 10 years in the game after that and didn't set the world on fire. :)

Paddyc

Would you ask your staff to intervene while drunken wedding guests are singing sectarian songs? The risks of violence are obvious.

If she has a history of such sectarianism, fine. Sacking her merely on the basis of a drunken outburst at a wedding with no chance to make amends is more than questionable. Giving people the chance to reform is essential. No-one in NI is completely free from sectarianism.
It wasn't a 'drunken outburst'.

It was the song she chose to come out to celebrate her moment with her friends to. In other words it was pre-planned while she was stone cold sober. We can safely assume that she didn't invite any catholics to her wedding and that none of her friends would attend with a catholic.

Classy bird.

Glaucon

Wind your own neck in. Are you questioning the right of Catholics to feel safe when undergoing medical treatment? Would you expect Jews to be comfortable when treated by a nurse who is a Nazi?
It doesn't matter if the nurse supports the National Front in private as long as she does her job correctly. If this person has a history of sectarian behaviour, throw the book at her. But if it's a silly outburst at a wedding, there are better ways of dealing with this.

raetsel

I really see this couple as much a victim as East Tyrone rebels of the tragic polarisation the poisonous Brit imperialists becreed on Ireland more than a century back to thwart the rising irredentist spirit. Letsgetalongerists like Raetsel following in the McGrady and Seamus Mallon after he conned South Armagh he was a soft relublican seem to prefer being sanctinomious towards the long suffering communities rather than attacking the origins of the poison that wrought such devastating havoc on our isle.
Wtf? I have absolutely no idea what any of this gibberish means, and other than the reference to me, which obviously isn't intended as a compliment, :ROFLMAO: the rest just seems to be made of of random words and cliched phrases lifted straight for his copy of the 1982 edition of the An Poblacht lexicon.
Still, if I'm annoying both him and Between The Bridges, I'll accept that as a backhanded endorsement.

between the bridges

Wtf? I have absolutely no idea what any of this gibberish means, and other than the reference to me, which obviously isn't intended as a compliment, :ROFLMAO: the rest just seems to be made of of random words and cliched phrases lifted straight for his copy of the 1982 edition of the An Poblacht lexicon.
Still, if I'm annoying both him and Between The Bridges, I'll accept that as a backhanded endorsement.
Laughing at yer egomaniacal pomposity is some what removed from annoyance dear chap...

Itsalaugh

As far as Whitehall were concerned, despite your pretence to being above it all, your just another disposable paddy.
But still you supported their criminalisation of the Irish rebels when even the most sdlp fanatics in Enssikilen and Donaghmore knew not voting for Bobby was to acknowldege the Crown was legitimate in Ireland.

Dedogs

Glaucon

It wasn't a 'drunken outburst'.

It was the song she chose to come out to celebrate her moment with her friends to. In other words it was pre-planned while she was stone cold sober. We can safely assume that she didn't invite any catholics to her wedding and that none of her friends would attend with a catholic.

Classy bird.
Probably not. But if she'd sung "**** Maggie Thatcher and the Queen", would people care as much? I don't deny that her words are sectarian and that's she's very likely an anti-Catholic bigot. But there's also a possibility that she's just a fool and can be reformed. Putting her on the dole for the rest of her life helps no-one.

raetsel

Laughing at yer egomaniacal pomposity is some what removed from annoyance dear chap...
As far as Whitehall were concerned, despite your pretence to being above it all, your just another disposable paddy.
But still you supported their criminalisation of the Irish rebels when even the most sdlp fanatics in Enssikilen and Donaghmore knew not voting for Bobby was to acknowldege the Crown was legitimate in Ireland.
:ROFLMAO:
Two peas in a pod...........................eh?
Well, on reflection no - more like a Heinz baked bean and a Birds eye pea, orange and green and nothing in between (the ears).
Or perhaps just two cheeks of the same sectarian arse...............................

Itsalaugh

:ROFLMAO:
Two peas in a pod...........................eh?
Well, on reflection no - more like a Heinz baked bean and a Birds eye pea, orange and green and nothing in between (the ears).
Or perhaps just two cheeks of the same sectarian arse...............................
BtB is a victim of imperialist poisoning just as you are and all reside in that sick statelet. The gfa didnt heal it and lets hope the Imperialists have evolved and wont resort to their tried & tested meddling to undermine reunification and the space for genuine peace and respect to flourish.

Antóin Mac Comháin

Letsgetalongerists like Raetsel following in the McGrady and Seamus Mallon after he conned South Armagh he was a soft relublican seem to prefer being sanctinomious towards the long suffering communities rather than attacking the origins of the poison that wrought such devastating havoc on our isle.
Wtf? I have absolutely no idea what any of this gibberish means, and other than the reference to me, which obviously isn't intended as a compliment, the rest just seems to be made of of random words and cliched phrases lifted straight for his copy of the 1982 edition of the An Poblacht lexicon. Still, if I'm annoying both him and Between The Bridges, I'll accept that as a backhanded endorsement.
James Connolly - Labour in Irish History

The fact that it had enrolled under its banner the representatives of two different social systems contained the germs of its undoing. Had it been all feudal it would have succeeded in creating an independent Ireland, albeit with a serf population like that of England at the time; had it been all composed of the ancient septs it would have crushed the English power and erected a really free Ireland, but as it was but a hybrid, composed of both, it had all the faults of both and the strength of neither, and hence went down in disaster.
1570719337756.png

Bhuel a stór, séard a ciallaíonn an méid sin anuas na go bhfuil an mean gnó i gcoinne Brexit, cé chomh fhad is a gcuireann sé isteach ar cursaí gnó, agus go dtacaíonn na frith-Brexiteers leis an ngluaiseact frith-Impiriúlachas agus an traidisiún Phoblactanachais, cé chomh fhad is a bhfuil siad úsáideach a chuid aidhmeanna féin a bhaint amach, ach más rud é do gcaithfidh siad a hata sa rince ceanna le na Náisiúnaí agus na Phoblachtacaí a bhí ag iarraidh Neamhspleáchas a bhaint amach arís do na 32 Contae, is fíór le rá go mbeidh an toradh polaitíochta ceanna is a bhí sna 1640'í is a bheidh ag Plaid Cymru-Sinn Féin Pan Celtic i dtaobh Neamhspleáchas do Éire, An Bhreatain Bheag agus an Lucht Oibre.

Paddyc

Probably not. But if she'd sung "**** Maggie Thatcher and the Queen", would people care as much? I don't deny that her words are sectarian and that's she's very likely an anti-Catholic bigot. But there's also a possibility that she's just a fool and can be reformed. Putting her on the dole for the rest of her life helps no-one.
That would be very sad for her, but she would learn that actions have consequences.

Last I saw, there were over 1.3 million views of her wedding celebration so whether she gets fired or not, her life is going to be affected by her actions.

There's the husband in all of this as well, I wonder if his job involves day to day contact with the general public and is his life going to get a little bit more complicated on his return from their honeymoon.

Glenshane4

Martin mc Guinness was a leader in the IRA in Derry. He got to be elected into running northern Ireland. He may not have been a bigot but equally I can understand how people would have objected to him getting that particular position.
Deciding who represents the oppressed Catholics of Northern Ireland in the government of Northern Ireland is a decision for the oppressed Catholics of Northern Ireland and for us alone. No business of any Prod, no business of any Stater.

milipod

Deciding who represents the oppressed Catholics of Northern Ireland in the government of Northern Ireland is a decision for the oppressed Catholics of Northern Ireland and for us alone. No business of any Prod, no business of any Stater.
You funny.

Glenshane4

I'm surprised at you, G4. You seem to be confusing liberals and libertarians.
Anyway, being old enough to remember Tommy Docherty, his sacking was at least as much to do with his team's performance on the pitch as with his own performance under the sheets with Mrs. Brown. He had another 10 years in the game after that and didn't set the world on fire. :)
Totally untrue. Manchester United were doing well at the time. The club wanted to keep Doherty as manager. BUT the wives of the senior players (led by the wife of Lou Macari) started a campaign to have him sacked. Faced with the possible (probably) break-up of its great team, the Club surrendered to wife-power and sacked Doherty.

Glenshane4

It doesn't matter if the nurse supports the National Front in private as long as she does her job correctly. If this person has a history of sectarian behaviour, throw the book at her. But if it's a silly outburst at a wedding, there are better ways of dealing with this.
It might not matter to you. It does matter to me. A personal life is private only so long as it remains private. Her personal bigotry is no longer private.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies