Norma McCorvey, the Roe in the landmark Roe V Wade abortion case has died

USER1234

Roe V Wade Plaintiff Norma McCorvey Dies At Age 69

The Washington Post reports:

Norma McCorvey, who was 22, unwed, mired in addiction and poverty, and desperate for a way out of an unwanted pregnancy when she became Jane Roe, the pseudonymous plaintiff of the 1973 U.S. Supreme Court decision in Roe v. Wade that established a constitutional right to an abortion, died Feb. 18 at an assisted-living facility in Katy, Tex. She was 69.

Her death was confirmed by Joshua Prager, a journalist working on a book about Roe v. Wade. The cause was a heart ailment. Ms. McCorvey was a complicated protagonist in a legal case that became a touchstone in the culture wars, celebrated by champions as an affirmation of women’s freedom and denounced by opponents as the legalization of murder of the unborn.
Source: Roe V Wade Plaintiff Norma McCorvey Dies At Age 69 - Joe.My.God.

My comments

1) first off may she rest in peace

2) did you know in later years she did a complete turn around and became a born again Christian and anti abortion activist

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Gordon Brown once threw stones at police when he was a student activist. I've seen the photos.

Quite a long way from raging around Downing St smashing fax machines in a temper when he was Prime Minister.

Congalltee

Addicts often replace one addiction with another; a delusional belief in a personal god is as mind bending as drink or drugs. It's funny how very intelligent 8 year old can still believe in Santa, or very bright 68 year old can believe in an afterlife - it suits the purpose of the time.

I'm waiting for Miss X to be revealed as a staunch anti-choice/pro-life campaignor.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies