Norn Iron 2019 election & DUP hypocrisy

Paddyc

I would vote for Claire Hanna if I lived in South Belfast. I am just observing from a distance I don't think Ms Pengelly is the worst or most hardline Unionist in N.I.
And that would have nothing to do with your views on abortion?

Have you seen Ms Pengelly's views on naming a bus stop 'Short Strand' or on UVF flags being displayed in neutral areas?

EnglishObserver

They might be in his case. As I recall, he lives in Newtownards or near it, far from the border, and unless you are a farmer or are not involved in a business which depends directly on cross border co-operation and trade, it is much easier to be oblivious of the effects of leaving the EU for us.
Unionists on the border who own businesses which depend on southern trade are as worried about Brexit as any Shinner.
The reality is that very few Unionists live on the border anymore - they mostly left due to IRA violence. That's why some analysts support rolling back the border allowing thousands of those of Catholic identity to live in The Irish Republic. The west bank of the Foyle could go, strabane could go, South Armagh, etc - there's 60 000 catholic identity people live in the West side of The Foyle alone. Of course, some of these thinkers say there should be a ward by ward vote first in these border ares and I must admit there is some merit in this. The Irish Republic could buy the houses, land and businesses of those who insisted on staying within The UK. It;s certainly something to look at in he future if neccessary.

raetsel

Regardless of yer waffle ye voted SF and will be again at this election and everything SF/IRA have done won't stop you from doing it, the excuse you make to yerself is ahemmm it's tactical
Firstly, you'll be pleased to learn that I won't be voting thanks to my wife. She booked flights for us to go Frankfurt several months ago for the Christmas market and we fly home on the evening of the 12th. I have no chance of making it home before the polls close.
See how much we agree on cara, ye'll have to stand me a pint in the hollow...
If you're in this evening come dressed as a clown so that I can recognise you.
Otherwise I'll remember to toast you with a glüwein in Germany. :)

Mickeymac

The reality is that very few Unionists live on the border anymore - they mostly left due to IRA violence. That's why some analysts support rolling back the border allowing thousands of those of Catholic identity to live in The Irish Republic. The west bank of the Foyle could go, strabane could go, South Armagh, etc - there's 60 000 catholic identity people live in the West side of The Foyle alone. Of course, some of these thinkers say there should be a ward by ward vote first in these border ares and I must admit there is some merit in this. The Irish Republic could buy the houses, land and businesses of those who insisted on staying within The UK. It;s certainly something to look at in he future if neccessary.

More nonsense and hypocrisy from you mange, if Catholics left the border areas because of unionist slaughter directed at their community that whole landscape would be barren.

Mickeymac

(y)
Firstly, you'll be pleased to learn that I won't be voting thanks to my wife. She booked flights for us to go Frankfurt several months ago for the Christmas market and we fly home on the evening of the 12th. I have no chance of making it home before the polls close.

Enjoy the trip raetsel(y) but please don't lose your vote, there must be some way in registering it.

AhNowStop

Pity they didn't put as much effort into destroying Republicanism in the first place! LOL
Meh, just being neutral, not taking sides, not murdering people, not supplying weapons & targets to the UDA/UVF and generally just not adding to the problem would have been good enough .. dont ye think ;)

Se0samh

Postal or Proxy Vote Application.

Mickeymac

Meh, just being neutral, not taking sides, not murdering people, not supply weapons & targets to the UDA/UVF and generally just not adding to the problem would have been good enough .. dont ye think ;)

Some sixty years ago the RUC forcibly removed the Irish National Flag from an election office in West Belfast on instruction from their bosses in Stormont, this action was criticised by many unionists who thought it too softly softly approach for such a treasonous act, today 2019 mange confirms their line of thought.

Such backward a$$holes imo.

Paddyc

Aah,

You're still dreaming of a lesser, smaller, less taigy Ulster.....

Bless.

Sweet dreams........

between the bridges

Good , one less vote for SF/IRA...

Actually I'm in town tonight take it ye'll be the wan dressed as a boring auld fart?

Mickeymac

Aah,

Bless.

Sweet dreams........

Thatcher toyed with re-partition decades ago and quickly shat on it after wiser council wised her up.

between the bridges

Indeed. I'm a ringer for George Clooney btw. Look for the steel grey hair. :)
We might have to start being nice to each other as the chances are ye drink in the company of a relative of mine... Think it's you he keeps talking about the weirdo from outta town...

AhNowStop

anyway folks, have a great weekend whatever or whoever yer doing ;)

Now here's a wee look into the future for yez all .. 😂😂

isnt she lukin weel hi :unsure:

Snarlene.gif

Last edited:

EnglishObserver

Aah,

Bless.

Sweet dreams........
Always looking for a peaceful, fair way forward mate - it's The British way...

EnglishObserver

Thatcher toyed with re-partition decades ago and quickly shat on it after wiser council wised her up.
That wasn't why Thatcher opposed it. The army advised her that moving the border closer to Belfast was a military error. That;s why she binned the idea.

As an idea re-partition is not going away...

Mickeymac

That wasn't why Thatcher opposed it. The army advised her that moving the border closer to Belfast was a military error. That;s why she binned the idea.

As an idea re-partition is not going away...

Link please to your first nonsense then follow up by explaining to us about re-partition and the border poll contained in the GFA.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies