Norn Iron 2019 election & DUP hypocrisy

Emily Davison

Always looking for a peaceful, fair way forward mate - it's The British way...
Did the British not cause the problem in the first place. I see the Welsh now are talking for the first time of their own independence. In the context of Scotland and NI leaving the Union and what then would be the point of staying. This Brexit is amazing,

blinding

Did the British not cause the problem in the first place. I see the Welsh now are talking for the first time of their own independence. In the context of Scotland and NI leaving the Union and what then would be the point of staying. This Brexit is amazing,
There is about 10% ( on a good day ) support for Independence in Wales .

bang bang

That attack on The Shankill just about summed PIRA up. It was either sectarian mass murder (as with Kingsmill) or a reckless, bungled operation. Either way it was in breech of The Geneva Convention.

"I spit onThe Geneva Convention" scream assorted Japs, Nazis, Irish Republicans...

"What about The Shankill Butchers?" mouths Republican mad man. Actually, they also spat on The Geneva Convention - OK?

Adair had a massive public profile - he could have been taken out any time by a professional terror outfit that PIRA claimed to be - remember the likes of John McMichael?

Finally, 'playing footsie' is not the same as public and intimate association (although morally it might be).
You really are one utter gobshite.

bang bang

It wouldn't have made any difference..... she'd have lost the North Down seat anyway. There's a lot of people in North Down unimpressed with her swimming against the tide routine at Westminster. Time to think bigger and better than Lady Sylvia. 👍
By bigger and better, do you mean the Duppers?

bang bang

I am afraid the tide is going out for S.F at the moment. I expect Colm Eastwood to win Foyle. Ms McCallion was ok, a nice looking woman. But Foyle and Derry is Sdlp heartland. She did well to win last time out imho.
Regarding Claire Hanna, well I expect she will win too in South Belfast. She is not a good candidate though. Her policies and attitudes and appearance are not good imho. I would choose Loyalist Emma Little Pengelly over her. I think she is a moderate Unionist and someone S.F could do business with. I don't think John Finucane will beat Nigel Dodds unfortunately. Unionism is pulling out all the stops for him. So is the British and Irish governments backing Dodds imho.( I am not an N.I voter by the way). Overall S.F will lose, and I think this might focus the mind on Stormont and the upcoming election in Republic. Slán
Wow, you need to put your thinking cap back on. Also, you seem to have an obsession with the appearance of female candidates, why is this? Does it affect their competency to do the job.

redneck

Nationalists could not support the RUC. Which had ordinary policemen by day, and some became sectarian killers at night. Eg Glennane gang. This behaviour was not acceptable, regardless of the provocation.

EnglishObserver

You’d like to reduce the size of the six counties. And then you want the republic to pay for land of those that leave to go into the reduced six? What about the wishes of those people living there!
I've already suggested a ward by ward poll (twice). As for those pleased to be living in The ROI, why would they need compensating?

Do you have any sympathy for re-partition Emily?

EnglishObserver

Some taffs have always day dreamed about independence - but that's about as far as it goes. They almost rejected their own assembly with almost no powers.

I'm not quite sure you have an accurate handle on The Welch Emily. You'd be amazed how far across the border you can go now before a majority even have a Welch accent, let alone speak Welch. Last time I was there I was truly amazed.

NI''s not leaving The Union and as for Scotland, unless there's a Labour UK government (pretty unlikely given the polls), Scotland won't get another referendum.

These fantasies about The UK breaking up (at least in the short/medium term) are just that - fantasies.

Tir Eoghain

Totally 100% confident in Michelle, Orflaith, Francie,and Elisha retaining their seats this side of the Bann

#-****thedup

Last edited:

death or glory

I was in Dublin recently (with work) and I couldn't believe the number of ex-Republicans who were sh/it scared that Irish unity would result in massive violence and economic ruin for Ireland. Incredibly, one of them asked if there were any toilet cleaning jobs going for Paddys in England or if there was a demand for rent boys...

Incredible...
Like what you did there.

RodShaft

Two questions for the opening poster:

1. Should a convicted terrorist, Sean Kelly, be canvassing on behalf of Sinn Fein?

2. It is my view that all paramilitaries are scumbags. Do you agree.

Both questions are simple enough to understand and can be answered with a 'yes' or 'no'. 👍
1. Yes

2. No

That should be simple enough for you to understand. Every major party in Ireland has had ex-paramilitaries canvassing for them.

People are people. People change. Your rigidity of thought does not exactly suggest intelligence.

SgtBilko

1. Yes

2. No

That should be simple enough for you to understand. Every major party in Ireland has had ex-paramilitaries canvassing for them.

People are people. People change. Your rigidity of thought does not exactly suggest intelligence.
Whilst I can commend you on your honesty (unlike the dishonest opening poster), your moral compass is questionable if you consider it acceptable to have a child killing bomber acting on behalf of political party already riddled with ex terrorists. Decent human beings simply to not think along those lines. Clearly, Irish Republicans rarely fall into the category of 'decent human beings'.

New Threads

Most Replies