Norris v RTE/ Helen Lucy Burke - he says he got bum deal over 2011 resuscitation of ephebophilia issues

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Norris v RTE/ Helen Lucy Burke - he says he got bum deal over 2011 resuscitation of ephebophilia issues

In 2011 I put up the Magill 2002 article...and Ms Burke subsequently went on Liveline as it was a hot button issue

http://www.politics.ie/forum/irish-presidential-election-2011/161883-will-david-norriss-views-ephebophilia-issue.html
This Magill article from 2002 appears to have Norris as pro ephebophilia (sexual activity between post pubescent young teenagers and adults)
David Norris Magill Article 2002

Also I recall some eyebrow raising comments over the O'Searcaigh issue.

Attraction to sexually mature teenagers is of course a perfectly natural response, though something society seeks to prohibit on ethical grounds. Personally I think this should be open to debate, and I see no issue with Norris's views. That said his reponse to the interview being raised again...fails to address the issue: Ask David: Statement on Magill Magazine profile | David Norris for President [way back version]

For me though his O'Searcaigh views seemed troubling, as he ignored the financial aspect, which to my mind added further mud to the water regards consent.

What do folks think ? Should this become an issue ? Will it become an issue and if so how ?
RTÉ is refused documents in David Norris libel action
The material relates to representations Mr Norris made in 1997 to the Israeli and/or Irish authorities and/or politicians for or on behalf of the senator’s former partner, Ezra Yizhak Nawi, who had been convicted in 1992 for statutory rape of a 15-year-old boy.
We ended up with the parasite leprechaun and his green-keeper friend Kevin in the Áras as result

Does it make sense for Norris to litiagate these issues now, given the passage of time ?

cyp

Mitsui2

Not really. But on the other hand the same farago of nonsensical b0llocks that was the unending Presidential election saved us from the miserable fate of now having Baldy Seán Bagman as President.

I cringed at that prospect back then, and I cringe even more at it now.

So it's hard to know just how to feel about the whole process.

GabhaDubh

CYP, tell me the use of term "bum deal" was planned.

Mitsui2

CYP, tell me the use of term "bum deal" was planned.
Oh you Doubter! cYp is the p.ie maestro of 3- and 4-level filthy planned comments! Even if he didn't plan it consciously his subconscious had it all laid out for him. It writes half of his bloody OPs without his conscious involvement anyway - and they are all works of (a certain kind of) art.

(PS - cYp: sorry I didn't answer your last PM - I was away for a fortnight. If the question is still relevant, I suggest you apply the spikes at a 45 degree ange from just under the bone in the ankle. But take it easy with the hammer - you could ruin the pelt. I recommend a lumphammer used gently rather than a tackhammer just whacked. But then I seem to remember suggesting something similar about your OPs, so no doubt you'll reject this suggestion too)

blokesbloke

Not really. But on the other hand the same farago of nonsensical b0llocks that was the unending Presidential election saved us from the miserable fate of now having Baldy Seán Bagman as President.

I cringed at that prospect back then, and I cringe even more at it now.

So it's hard to know just how to feel about the whole process.
:mad:

parentheses

I think Norris was badly abused by the Sunday Independent coterie back in 2011.

They appealed to his vanity and I think their boosting was a factor in his deciding to run.

Of course, he ended up quite hurt and financially damaged by the Presidential campaign.

Clanrickard

In 2011 I put up the Magill 2002 article...and Ms Burke subsequently went on Liveline as it was a hot button issue

http://www.politics.ie/forum/irish-presidential-election-2011/161883-will-david-norriss-views-ephebophilia-issue.html

RTÉ is refused documents in David Norris libel action

We ended up with the parasite leprechaun and his green-keeper friend Kevin in the Áras as result

Does it make sense for Norris to litiagate these issues now, given the passage of time ?

cyp
When you post cr@p like this it marks you out as a crank.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies