North Korea has started bombing South Korea!

vanla sighs

It's live, just kicked off 30 minutes ago. South Korean F16 jets are scrambling. Reported on Sky.

vanla sighs

I love the smell of napalm in the morning.

vanla sighs

Oldboy

For World War 3 things are awfully quiet here in Seoul, people going about their everyday business, no air raid sirens.

vanla sighs

For World War 3 things are awfully quiet here in Seoul, people going about their everyday business, no air raid sirens.

Is that you Brian? ;) No, no...there are no negotiations with the IMF.

Easy-Irish

War, famine, AIDS, recession, depression, war, famine, AIDS, recession, depression......

Aindriu

The Beeb have it too now.

This all we need!

Oldboy

Is that you Brian? ;) No, no...there are no negotiations with the IMF.
Meh, these low intensity tit for tat skirmishes are frequent enough here. Norks are probably trying to provoke something, but South Koreans love Samsung, Karaoke and Starcraft too much to risk being drawn into a proper ruckus with KJI. I'll start panicking when my neighbours are scrambling off with their uniforms on (a lot of them are reservists)

derm0t

This is the last straw...the LAST STRAW.

Isn't it time, at long last, for Enda Kenny to resign?

(The preceding was a joke).

OK, here's what jumped out for me from the article:

North and South Korea have fought three bloody skirmishes near the maritime border in recent years, most recently in November 2009.
I have no recollection of this. Did it get covered, or was X-Factor dominating the news cycle that day? If so, this is just round 3 or 4 in a medium term pissing contest, in which case, maybe not as critical to the future of the planet as might be thought.

Korea. What a hoot.

Mister men

Oh sweet jesus this is'nt good. Very worried about this.

seanmacc

Oh sweet jesus this is'nt good. Very worried about this.
Or you could buy shares in weapons companies and military suppliers? Everytime the world economy is on its knees the warmongers jump out of the woodwork to save it

Sync

Meh. It's a skirmish, these things happen. When a city is attacked or people cross borders then there's a real issue. There's nothing to indicate this isn't a localised incident.

constitutionus

all this and world war three eh ?

:)

speaking of shares this is actually being blamed on a collapse in bank shares around the world, check it out

as you can imagine this is the LAST thing our lot need but it does show how these things can effect us.

Oldboy

Meh. It's a skirmish, these things happen. When a city is attacked or people cross borders then there's a real issue. There's nothing to indicate this isn't a localised incident.
This. Just heard through a friend of a friend on base that US forces in Korea haven't even been called to alert for this. Back to online games and soju 화이팅!

macanbhacaigh

This will blow over pretty quickly, despite Sky News' breathless "this-time-it's-different" reports. Lee Myung-bak will make some noises about stern responses, China and Russia will "urge restraint", and in Seoul people, as Oldboy said, will shrug and get on with life.

oceanclub

Website
oceanclub.blogspot.com
"Kim? Brian here. How's it going? Yea, she's grand. Listen; you wouldn't mind chucking a few bombs south there, would ya? I'm getting some awful ************************************g headlines here and need the heat taken off me. World War 3 would be preferable to this, ho ho ho."

reknaw

No big deal! General Hung Lo just happened to look at a few crates of shells and noticed they were stamped "Best before 23.11.2010" ---

Nothing more to see. Move on folks!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies