North set to get vote in Presidential elections

Marcella

https://www.rte.ie/news/2017/0312/859078-st-patricks-day/

A very positive step and one which could give SF a boost in getting their nomination into the Phoenix Park.

Some people will be 'furious' about this but many countries extend such rights to their citizens and Ireland should be no different.

Dame_Enda

Haha nice try Enda. Still voting no. This is not a separate proposal to the one of allowing the Irish abroad to vote - in fact its the same one. But now we see the spin they will put on it.

CastleRay

This could be great crack.
Put Dustin the Turkey up and I'd vote for that ahead of any of those muppets.

Se0samh

This could be great crack.
Put Dustin the Turkey up and I'd vote for that ahead of any of those muppets.
At least the Irish Presidency is a democratic position, one gets a choice...................unlike a certain other Head of State who owes their position to birth and religion..............:cool:

Mickeymac

https://www.rte.ie/news/2017/0312/859078-st-patricks-day/

A very positive step and one which could give SF a boost in getting their nomination into the Phoenix Park.

Some people will be 'furious' about this but many countries extend such rights to their citizens and Ireland should be no different.

Might be wrong Marcella but I believe it is an attempt to deflect the fact SF has pushed his shower into 3rd place in the opinion polls.

vivabrigada

Irish citizens will be able to vote for the Irish head of state.
What time does unionist fury start at tonight?

Black Swan

I don't understand why anyone other than the citizens of a state, should get to vote on who should become its president.

Am I missing something here?

hollandia

I don't understand why anyone other than the citizens of a state, should get to vote on who should become its president.

Am I missing something here?
Yes, the guts of half a million citizens of the state in the North. Or more. Plus all those people in gb, who because of brexit have got nice shiny new Irish passports. Aka citizens. You seem to be confusing them with residents.

Se0samh

Yes, the guts of half a million citizens of the state in the North. Or more. Plus all those people in gb, who because of brexit have got nice shiny new Irish passports. Aka citizens. You seem to be confusing them with residents.
And I was waiting on a bite................:mad:

razorblade

Good why shouldnt they be allowed they are Irish citizens voting other Irish citizens into office.

Se0samh

On average what's a winning number?
Why?................one more than the next highest is all that is required, no being born into a certain family, no having to be of a certain religion.............just one vote more than the next guy.............that's all........:cool:

Commander of the North

That depends on the number of competitors in the field, the number of the electorate and the turnout. You gearing up for a run, ray?
He'll have to get himself a nice new passport as gaelige

brughahaha

Haha nice try Enda. Still voting no. This is not a separate proposal to the one of allowing the Irish abroad to vote - in fact its the same one. But now we see the spin they will put on it.
It's a pathetic and obvious attempt to deflect from the myriad of scandals Enda is trying to keep under wraps and run away from. :roll:

brughahaha

Why?................one more than the next highest is all that is required, no being born into a certain family, no having to be of a certain religion.............just one vote more than the next guy.............that's all........:cool:
And RTEs support

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies